Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Should we go after Devin Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I've never really liked that argument, esp if the attitude/commitment problem I heard about is the issue. You're either on the bus or off the bus.Bring him into camp, sure, but not midseason. You only get 53 spots & The Rams already have a WR project (Danario) taking up one.
    You are correct about 53 spots but Danario is not taking up a roster spot he is on the practice squad.

Here are three guys I would not mind letting go on the 53 man roster to take a look at Devin Thomas in order of who I would release:

Darcy Johnson (5th TE behind Fells, Hoomanawanui, Bajema, Onobun) (Do we really need 5 TEs instead of taking a look at a Big Fast WR?)
    Darian Stewart S (4th Safety behind Atogwe, Dahl, Buttler)(Murphy can play S as well)
    Chauncey Washington RB (4th RB behind Jackson, Darby, Toston)

I would give Thomas chances of making an impact at WR about 30-40% but I would give his chances of making an impact in the return game at 60-70%. If he did make an impact at WR it would give this team what it has been missing a big fast WR (Bonus IMO). I don't see the three guys I mentioned I would release above ever making much of an impact at all on this team. Some of those guys could probably even be signed to the practice squad because they would not be picked up and put on a 53 man roster.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -10-10-2010 at 11:23 AM.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I believe the original question was "Should we go after Devin Thomas? "

My response with Clayton going down is now more then ever.

"Does a snowman have snow balls?"

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    You are correct about 53 spots but Danario is not taking up a roster spot he is on the practice squad.

Here are three guys I would not mind letting go on the 53 man roster to take a look at Devin Thomas in order of who I would release:

Darcy Johnson (5th TE behind Fells, Hoomanawanui, Bajema, Onobun) (Do we really need 5 TEs instead of taking a look at a Big Fast WR?)
    Darian Stewart S (4th Safety behind Atogwe, Dahl, Buttler)(Murphy can play S as well)
    Chauncey Washington RB (4th RB behind Jackson, Darby, Toston)

I would give Thomas chances of making an impact at WR about 30-40% but I would give his chances of making an impact in the return game at 60-70%. If he did make an impact at WR it would give this team what it has been missing a big fast WR (Bonus IMO). I don't see the three guys I mentioned I would release above ever making much of an impact at all on this team. Some of those guys could probably even be signed to the practice squad because they would not be picked up and put on a 53 man roster.
    Moot point on Devin T. since CAR took him but the thing I was trying to say was that DT wasn't even PS eligible (the accrued seasons rule) so would have to be immediately on the 53 roster. If he's a lazy douche & would need tons of time to learn the offense & has little but a now stale pre-draft prospect rep to project him as productive in the NFL, that's a waste of space,imo, cuz he'd always be inactive.I'd rather take our chances with Laurent and Gibson or at least find a guy who's been productive,durable, and has pro habits already learned elsewhere.

DA has also been a dead weight as he rehabbed but at least it was PS although those spots are vital as well-you need them to practice effectively, no?- so I'm not surprised he's been brought up to "The Show" rather than an outsider. Devaney had to have hoped for a reasonably early return on the investment of even a PS spot. I guess we'll find out.

I don't see many expendables on that list. You really can't be serious about TEs and safeties especially considering all the injuries The Rams have already dealt with ?! Murphy can play safety in the NFL ?! I like the kid's effort & athleticism but he barely knows where to line up at this point.
    And wasn't CW brought in for STs, like Kehl, to fill in for Chamberlain and/or replace Curry? And with all of the RBs nicked to one degree or another, you want to PS or release him?!

Darcy is the new Klopfenstein. That I'll agree with for sure.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -10-12-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12