Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: ***** signed S Craig Dahl

Rambos is offline Registered User

***** signed S Craig Dahl

Craig Dahl - DB - *****

***** signed S Craig Dahl, formerly of the Rams, to a three-year contract.
    Dahl, 28 in June, started all 16 games in 2012, racking up 78 tackles, two pass breakups, and one interception. Dahl isn't a sure tackler and often times gets lost in coverage, so he'll likely be the third safety in San Francisco. Look for the ***** to target someone like Charles Woodson or an early draft pick to replace Dashon Goldson in the starting lineup.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: ***** signed S Craig Dahl

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    ZiaRam likes this.

jsimcox is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ZiaRam likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Now watch Craig Dahl have his best season and make the Pro Bowl... if that were to happen I'd eat my own foot
    ZiaRam likes this.

To make a serious point though, i look forward to seeing him covering, no wait, attempting to cover, Jared Cook twice a year. He'll be past him before he's even noticed what's going on

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

Craig Dahl

Best news for the Rams.... he signed with the *****. Cannot wait to see him miss his first tackle against the Rams.
    ZiaRam likes this.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: Craig Dahl

Quite possibly the only time I will say, thanks Whiners.
    ZiaRam likes this.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Beastified is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jsimcox View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    ZiaRam likes this.

Beastified is offline Registered User

watch him become an all-pro player now

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

lmao, here is what some ***** fans are saying about the signing over at Niner nation at SB nation-

-hes here for special teams i bet and hope. garbage signing

-this better be a madieu williams type signing....one who never sees the field

-Wow This sucks.

-Waste of money...What are they thinking… come on man… this is the worst news. He better be on special teams and that’s it.

-I have watched him play. And to me he always seemed to be pretty terrible every time I watched the rams play. So I am disappointed because I think there should be no money involved and no role for Dahl. I think most 6th round rookie developmental prospects that are getting paid almost nothing would be a better solution than a role player who misses tackles all the time, and can’t cover.

-He better not be a starter. Backup and special teamer. He should be the Darcel McBath replacement. He really better be.

-Hopefully he's just coming in to scare the rookie safety into shape. With a whole lot of “If you play like I do, YOU’LL END UP IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!” Because I cant’ see any other role or benefit he provides.

-and I thought drafting A..J Jenkins would be the biggest mistake of the Baalke administration. Silly me

-This dude Is NOT good, like terrible, I mean he’s awful, just awful.

-Did April Fool's Day come early this year??? Dahl??? I’d rather have Taylor Mays back :/ Good grief Charlie Brown

-garbage choice smh.

they dont seem to pleased lolol
    Nick, RamsSB99, C-Mob 71 and 2 others like this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Great move by the Rams. Snead gets executive of the year for getting them to sign Dahl.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    lmao, here is what some ***** fans are saying about the signing over at Niner nation at SB nation-

-hes here for special teams i bet and hope. garbage signing

-this better be a madieu williams type signing....one who never sees the field

-Wow This sucks.

-Waste of money...What are they thinking… come on man… this is the worst news. He better be on special teams and that’s it.

-I have watched him play. And to me he always seemed to be pretty terrible every time I watched the rams play. So I am disappointed because I think there should be no money involved and no role for Dahl. I think most 6th round rookie developmental prospects that are getting paid almost nothing would be a better solution than a role player who misses tackles all the time, and can’t cover.

-He better not be a starter. Backup and special teamer. He should be the Darcel McBath replacement. He really better be.

-Hopefully he's just coming in to scare the rookie safety into shape. With a whole lot of “If you play like I do, YOU’LL END UP IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!” Because I cant’ see any other role or benefit he provides.

-and I thought drafting A..J Jenkins would be the biggest mistake of the Baalke administration. Silly me

-This dude Is NOT good, like terrible, I mean he’s awful, just awful.

-Did April Fool's Day come early this year??? Dahl??? I’d rather have Taylor Mays back :/ Good grief Charlie Brown

-garbage choice smh.

they dont seem to pleased lolol
    After all of the frustration this week with Long etc. It truly warms my heart to see those ***** fans in such pure and utter dismay. This news has really made my week so much better

Truck is offline Registered User

What kind of contract did he get. Could just be that they are going to extract whatever he can tell them about us that thye don't already know and then dump his ass.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Craig Dahl to Compete for Starting Role
    Posted 36 minutes ago
    Taylor Price *****.com

On his second day visiting with a former foe, Craig Dahl was offered a three-year contact.

Dahl accepted the offer and jumped from one NFC West club to the two-time defending champions of the division.

Dahl, a five-year veteran, who recorded his first, 100-tackle season in 2012 with the St. Louis Rams, can now call San Francisco home.

Dahl’s versatility on defense and special teams factored in the team’s decision to sign the hard-working player. In addition, Dahl’s familiarity with the division made him an attractive candidate to fill the void left by safety Dashon Goldson.

“We are pleased to announce the signing,” ***** General Manager Trent Baalke said in a statement released by the team. “He is an experienced veteran with excellent intangibles, who has working knowledge of the NFC West.”

Dahl spent the past four seasons with the Rams and took pride in the team’s recent resurgence which included being the only team in the division not to lose to the ***** in 2012.

Dahl is glad to be a part of an organization poised to make a run at a third consecutive division crown.

“It’s a program I’m very familiar with, players and coaches I’m familiar with and how they operate and what their team fundamentals are,” Dahl said in a Saturday conference call.

“I’m real familiar with what’s going on here in San Francisco and couldn’t be happier with the opportunity I’ve been given.”

That opportunity will largely be a chance to start at free safety on defense and add to the team’s special teams units. In St. Louis, Dahl played as the personal protector on punt team and also on the kick-off team.

Dahl has played in 70 games (42 starts) and has recorded 335 tackles, four interceptions, two sacks, three forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and has 10 pass breakups. With the Rams, Dahl started in 40 of 61 games.

With the *****, Dahl aims to be a force on one of the league’s most respected defenses led by coordinator Vic Fangio.

“They told me there was an opportunity to play in the voided position in the secondary and I’m hoping to mesh well with the secondary and fill that void,” Dahl said.

It also helps that Dahl knows the division and the talented play-makers on every team.

“I know the culture,” he said. “The teams are up and coming.

“Being in the last four years, the mentality of the division has changed. It’s a lot more physical; teams are a lot more aggressive on defense. It’s turning out a lot better football teams than in the past.”

Knowing how competitive and tough it was in the NFC West last season, Dahl is pleased to join the ***** who reached the franchise’s sixth Super Bowl last season.

“I’m very happy of the new position I’ve been enlisted in here in San Francisco,” said the 27-year-old native of Madison Lake, Minn., who played collegiately at North Dakota State. “It helps me out I was able to play against most of what we have in the NFC West.”

Dahl looks forward to showing his relentless play as well as his hard-working nature and strong belief in communication to his new teammates.

“I think I can definitely get everyone on the same page,” he said. “I’ll pick up on this defense very quick.

“I don’t think I’ll have a problem getting to know the guys and working hard.”

Dahl already hit it off with ***** secondary coach Ed Donatell and assistant secondary coach Greg Jackson. The group watched San Francisco’s game tape at team headquarters on Friday and felt comfortable in the same room immediately.

“We watched film together,” Dahl said. “We talked about different things. (Donatell) told me how is coaching style is and how helps players through the learning process.

“We were both learning from each other,” Dahl said of Donatell. “When you can have that with your coach it makes it all the more enjoyable.”

With familiarity with the division and an instant bond with the coaches and front office on his side, Dahl is eager to begin competing for the free safety job. He understands that it’ll be a competition for the position and he’s willingly accepted the challenge.

“I'm hoping to come in, mesh well with the secondary and fill that void,” he said.

As for competing with another free agent addition or one of the team’s 14 projected draft picks, Dahl has no problem with it.

“I’m always open for competition,” Dahl said. “I know how the game progresses…Whether I’m lined up (as a starter) at day 1, it’s always a completion to keep your job as a starter.

“I’m grateful for the opportunity I was given and hope to be that guy.”

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Are we gonna see more of this from him.

Tampa_Ram and ZiaRam like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast