Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Sirius NFL Radio on Shawn Alexander

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports on Sirius NFL Radio today that the liklihood of Shawn Alexander signing long-term with the Seahawks is very, very slim. He then speculates that Alexander, who probably is not exceptionally liked in the Seattle locker room, could be had for a fourth or fifth round pick, but he claims no one wants Alexander right now because they'd have to shell out big money on a multi-year deal, and no one is willing to pay Alexander the kind of money he wants.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Re: Sirius NFL Radio on Shawn Alexander

Lots of rumors floating about ShaUn. Most of them are reporters or "journalists" trying to fill air time or magazine space. All of which is speculation. Truth is nobody knows how this will turn out except the Seahawks FO and the player. Hopefully it works to the Hawks advantage, but if it doesn't...well worse things have happened. They have back-ups and we will get to see how Kerry Carter or Maurice Morris run behind Big Walt and Hutch. Should be a fun year either way, but we'll have to see how the whole thing shakes out.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    They have back-ups and we will get to see how Kerry Carter or Maurice Morris run behind Big Walt and Hutch.
    Host Adam Shine mentioned that Warren Moon sounded pretty high on Morris being able to be a feature back for Seattle should something happen with Alexander. Does Seahawk Nation agree?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Host Adam Shine mentioned that Warren Moon sounded pretty high on Morris being able to be a feature back for Seattle should something happen with Alexander. Does Seahawk Nation agree?
    I've always liked Morris. He's not a meat-grinder, but then again neither is Dunn in Atlanta and he seems to do pretty well. I think Morris could handle it. Don't you guys (seahawks) have that Canadian kid as well?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

no one is willing to pay Alexander the kind of money he wants
    I'm not saying it is necessarily the case with Alexander, but it seems to me that whenever a player says "it's not about the money".....it's about the money.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

The Hawks do have the "Canadian Kid" Jesse Lumsden. I don't know whether he'll make the team, but he sure did tear it up in Canada and runs a 4.4, so he at least looks promising.

Nice Jacket

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Seahawk nation is pretty much split on Morris. Some like his potential and bring up his speed and his YPC over the last few years, while others look at him and say he is too small to be a feature back, and would rather have Kerry Carter carry the ball. Me, well, count me in the undecideds, although I think I lean towards the keep Shaun side.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Seahawk_For_Life is offline Registered User

I'm on the side that MoMo could do the job. I don't believe he is too small, considering he is the same size as Clinton Portis. He's not a big physical back like you guys have in Jackson, but I do think he can be productive.

Morris 5-11 202
    Portis 5-11 205

But the way I look at it is this, "Are we a better team with Shaun?" Yes. Then sign him.

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

I think another reason people are skeptical of Mo-Mo is that he has had a few lingering injuries, so people tend to think he's injury prone. Just an observation.

Nice Jacket