Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

So much for Incognito's classy goodbye comments

Remember the comments Richie Incognito made right after being cut by the Rams? Here's a refresher...

"We had a great conversation just talking football and life. At the end of the day it’s a business decision. I’m a professional ... onward and upward. I passed along to Spags and Billy. I told them they’re doing a wonderful job. I really do think Spags is doing a great job. It’s obvious what the team needs here, and it’s talent. It’s not a lack of coaching. And it’s not a lack of desire. It’s just a lack of talent right now. And they’ll get that sorted out. They’re the right men for the job."
    Yeah, well, that lasted long...

$50k to bolt St. Louis? Fine with Incognito
    By Tim Graham
    ESPN.com
    Sunday, December 20, 2009

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills guard Richie Incognito thought $50,000 was a bargain when it came to buying his freedom from St. Louis.

Incognito was fined for committing two personal fouls last week in his final game for the St. Louis Rams. Repeated bad behavior forced the Rams to waive him. The Bills picked him up on Wednesday.

"With the fine of 50 grand, I would have gladly paid more to get out of that situation in St. Louis," Incognito said Sunday after the New England Patriots beat the Bills 17-10 in Ralph Wilson Stadium. "So I chalk it up to that."

Incognito started at right guard for Kendall Simmons, who on Friday became the fifth starting offensive lineman the Bills placed on injured reserve.

Incognito committed three penalties for 30 yards against the Patriots -- holding twice and an illegal block above the waist.

NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reported Ray Anderson, the league's chief disciplinarian, wrote in a letter to Incognito that, "Future infractions of the types you have committed may lead to increased disciplinary action up to and including suspension."

"The way I approach the game," Incognito said, "my intensity level and the way I play on Sundays, not one thing's going to change. The foolish penalties and the selfishness, that has changed and it's going to continue to change. That's something I've been working on for a very long time.

"But coming out and flying around and being a physical presence on the field, not one bit. That's me."

Can't say I'm surprised to see three penalties in his Bills debut, either.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: So much for Incognito's classy goodbye comments

I guess his agent forgot to script his comments this week.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

That guy is such a clown, lets see how long he lasts in the NFL.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Freedom from St. Louis? I'm not sure the situation in Buffalo is any better, and at the rate he's going with penalties, he'll most likely be looking for a new, better situation somewhere else come seasons end. He's obviously a stop-gap measure for the decimated Bills, so he probably shouldn't get too comfortable in Buffalo.

Besides, at the pace he's on for changing the "foolish penalties and selfishness", his career will be long over before that happens. As they say, talk is cheap, and in Incognito's case, it has been for years.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

The foolish penalties and the selfishness, that has changed and it's going to continue to change.
    Could have fooled me...

Ramone is offline Registered User

"With the fine of 50 grand, I would have gladly paid more to get out of that situation in St. Louis," Incognito said

What a rat-like comment. But, it looks like he jumped from one sinking ship, on another, with difference, that without his balast (and others who would gladly pay...), we might just survive.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

"The way I approach the game," Incognito said, "my intensity level and the way I play on Sundays, not one thing's going to change. The foolish penalties and the selfishness, that has changed and it's going to continue to change. That's something I've been working on for a very long time.

"But coming out and flying around and being a physical presence on the field, not one bit. That's me."
    I'm no psychiatrist (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express), but what a case study this kid would make. First off, he has the inability to recognize reality by confusing his "intensity" with reckless behavior. His reality is that the way he plays, including the after-whistle activity, is a GOOD thing. The actual reality (which he can't process) is the opposite.

Couple that with his obvious delusions of grandeur (the foolish penalties and selfishness, that has changed), and this kid is a walking dream for any therapist.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Really i hope we draw the AFC east next year in our schedule. So suh can knock this man right on his (expletive deleted).

Mooselini Guest

I hope the guy continues to fail in his football career. The guy was a clown and I never liked him. Only cost us games and field position.

Good luck Buffalo! You got yourself a rebellious teenager on your team

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Maybe someday in the future, a Ram with the number 93 on his jersey below the name "Suh" will trample an overmatched Incognito on the way to making a game-changing sack.

If you could take that moment and make it edible, it would be delicious and very satisfying.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Maybe someday in the future, a Ram with the number 93 on his jersey below the name "Suh" will trample an overmatched Incognito on the way to making a game-changing sack.

If you could take that moment and make it edible, it would be delicious and very satisfying.
    Richie would probably get up and try to break Suh's neck, and Suh would throw him to the ground with one hand, (like what he did with Colt McCoy..)

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Since this is a family site I will refrain from the type of language that best descibes Richie, but I think it's safe to say that his birth certificate was an apology letter from Trojan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shower beers is offline Registered User

"...Incognito committed three penalties for 30 yards against the Patriots -- holding twice and an illegal block above the waist."

What is an illegal block above the waist? This seems like an odd penalty that I clearly don't get the context of.

Also, this sounds like the guy can't admit in public that he got canned. He's trying to make it sound like one of those "you can't fire me, I quit!" scenarios.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I believe it is actually illegal block in the back - above the waist. It is basically pushing down a guy that has beat you, so they cannot tackle your teammate.

If you are a RAMS fan, you see this penalty regularly called against your team. You also see this tactic all the time by the opponenet, and then it is rarely called. Needless to say, it is called very inconcistantly by the officials.

gap

rampower is offline Registered User

Thats the quote 'WORTH' reading.

Bizzarely these comments and others were made at the same time the 'classy' comments were made but were put in seperate articles to make the impressions wanted.

The first comments up were these very comments about escpaping the negativity (on stltoday.com) they were then replaced in less than a day by the more official line of how much repsect he had for spags etc. I didn't buy any of it.

No Class, glad your gone, should of gone a year ago. We get rid of witherspoon, pace and kept this junk???

Good riddance.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast