dfarrar777 is offline Registered User

So...what are we getting in Fisher?

Yo, Clan-

Your misbegotten Seahawk buddy here.

We're pretty enthused about the signing, considering the deal Okeafor got from Arizona and the seeming fact that his production was replaced for half the price in Fisher.

What I'd like to hear is your take on Fisher - good and bad. What are his assets and liabilities? Is he great against the pass and so-so against the run? Is he the high-effort guy we're hearing he is?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: So...what are we getting in Fisher?

He's fairly stout against the run, but not a tremendous pass rusher. He benefitted from the attention being on Little all year and didn't really come on until December (3.5 sacks all season before the last month). I would say he's probably better suited in a situational role, but he certainly could start a full season and do well. I just wouldn't expect him to put up monster numbers on a regular basis, at least not consistently.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I'd say he's a poor man's Grant Wistrom. Great backup or situational player, that's about it. He's always giving 100% on every play though.

In language you'd better understand, he's a downgrade from Okeafor. (No that wasn't an intellectual shot)

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

He's a non-stop motor. True fans will appreciate the effort he brings to the game. So-called fans will scream for his head when he only has 4 or 5 sacks next season.

You'll like him. He's above average in both the run and pass, and the best news for you is that he is getting better. He wants to be in Seattle, and you got a good value DE. All parties involved (unless you count us) should be happy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Hey Doug.

I think its a decent signing for the Hawks, because they didn't overpay and Bryce is a solid, hard-working, player with some upside. He's not going to dominate on a consistent basis, but he's a good all around DE who can hold up against the run, is pretty good at the bull rush, and plays with a lot of energy.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Yeah, you guys got a good player. I'm troubled that he went to your club. I would have prefered that he stay here, but that if he left, he wouldn't go to yours.

And DF, I think I can say that in general, we like and respect you, so don't be shy. You're a good football man.