View Poll Results: Who will win the NFC?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giants

4 15.38%
  • Dallas

0 0%
  • Chicago

6 23.08%
  • Minnesota

0 0%
  • Carolina

4 15.38%
  • Tampa

0 0%
  • Seattle

12 46.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    socalramfan is offline Registered User

So who wins the NFC?

I say Seattle takes the NFC for sure!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: So who wins the NFC?

With Chicago sitting there at 9-3, one game back of Seattle, that's not a very comfortable spot for the Seahawks. Yes, they are in the lead but they can't get complacent. They want that NFC Championship game in Seattle, not Chicago in January.

If Seattle gets home field advantage, then they have a legit shot to win it. If Seattle has to go to Soldier Field, in late January, my money will be on the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    With Chicago sitting there at 9-3, one game back of Seattle, that's not a very comfortable spot for the Seahawks. Yes, they are in the lead but they can't get complacent. They want that NFC Championship game in Seattle, not Chicago in January.

If Seattle gets home field advantage, then they have a legit shot to win it. If Seattle has to go to Soldier Field, in late January, my money will be on the Bears.
    I just dont see the bears defense holding on. I say they blow it late season Seattle takes the home field easy. Then spanks the whole NFC all the way to the superbowl.

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

That Bears defense is legit but it depends on an offense to make mistakes. You cannot depend on your defense to consistently score points the way they've been doing. When they start facing more efficient QBs that don't make as many mistakes, they're going to need their offense to give them some help. That's when they're gonna be in trouble... 'cause that offense SUCKS!

No joke, with Bulger in, I think the Rams would beat them. The more potent offenses in the league will score on them. With their offense, 17 points would just about guarantee you a win.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    That Bears defense is legit but it depends on an offense to make mistakes. You cannot depend on your defense to consistently score points the way they've been doing. When they start facing more efficient QBs that don't make as many mistakes, they're going to need their offense to give them some help. That's when they're gonna be in trouble... 'cause that offense SUCKS!

No joke, with Bulger in, I think the Rams would beat them. The more potent offenses in the league will score on them. With their offense, 17 points would just about guarantee you a win.
    In all fairness, some might say the Seahawks have won more than a few games because of opponents gifts, and that it will catch up to them when it really counts. That being said, I don't see any team that can stay with Seattle at this point in time, gifts or not. Good teams find a way to win and the Seahawks are a very good team. I can only imagine how strong they would be if completely healthy.

Seattle with an average D and an explosive offense led by Alexander theres no stopping them. I want to here what DEZ says. Lets here MR MADDEN.

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    In all fairness, some might say the Seahawks have won more than a few games because of opponents gifts, and that it will catch up to them when it really counts. That being said, I don't see any team that can stay with Seattle at this point in time, gifts or not. Good teams find a way to win and the Seahawks are a very good team. I can only imagine how strong they would be if completely healthy.
    It's a funny thing about those gifts. When you listen to Giants fans talk, they will tell you that they blew us out and that they were clearly the better team, based mostly on stats. Nevermind the fact that they were losing by eight points with four minutes left in the game, according to them, we were never in it. To hear them talk, You'd think that the score was 21-0 and every time Feely missed a field goal, we were credited with a touchdown. That game was definitely a gift but at some point, they've got to take accountability for their kicker (who IS part of their team) and their offenses inability to make it a chip shot for him. Besides, even if it was a gift, I'll take it in trade for the Redskins game we had won until our kicker shanked one at the end of regulation that would have won it for us. Giants fans? I laugh at their tears.

As far as the Cowboys game, I think the whole "gift" concept is out of line on that one. To hear people talk, Drew Bledsoe's late interception stole a win from the Cowboys and gave it to the Seahawks. What people forget is that with three minutes left, the score was 7-3 (theirs) and they were standing on our 12 yard line with 1st and 10. They were denied the end-zone and forced to kick a field goal. Seattle then drove 81 yards for a TD in two minutes to tie it. Was that a gift too or was that a team stepping up when the game was on the line? Bledsoe threw that interception on 3rd and 7 which means if he had done the "smart thing" like everybody says, they would have ended up punting with just a few seconds left. The best case scenario for them was OT against a team that had just taken the momentum with an 81 yard drive. Odd that if he had never thrown that interception and we had won on a field goal in OT, nobody would have ever said "gift". But our defense steps up and snags a ball that should never have been thrown and suddenly "we won only because of a gift". Not to mention the fact that our kicker had to nail a 52 yarder with the game on the line. It was all a gift. Hey Cowboy fans, if your QB makes poor decisions with the game on the line, it's a reflection of who your team is. Take it from one who knows from past experience.

Seattle needs to keep playing solid and get homefield advantage. That will play big time into our chances. Plus it won't hurt not to be playing our first playoff game against a team that owned us all season and was clearly inside of our heads from the beginning like last year (sound like anybody you guys know?).
    Last edited by Large_Ant; -12-08-2005 at 12:40 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Guys, you can equate why or why not Chicago is in the position they are in....however, the fact of the matter is that the Bears are only one game behind the Seahawks and I bet you that no one on Seattle's team wants to travel to Chicago to play an outdoor playoff game late in January.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant

While I think the Hawks will be in the SB.........the above paragraph was identical to what was said about the 2000 Ravens, and it worked out allright for them.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

chicago bears will
    their d is amazing unlike our d which suks

Dont forget TX it snows in Seattle too

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Da bearzzz
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Holt81Jackson39 is offline Registered User

Can't go agsinst Lovie....DaBears

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't trust Seattle not to blow what looks like their one legit chance to reach post-season glory in years. They are clearly the frontrunner right now, but they play the games for a reason, and what has Seattle done once the regular season has ended? It's like the Peyton Manning mentality - until he goes out and shows you he can win the big game, you're going to wonder if he can do it. I'll believe the Seahawks can make a legit postseason run when I watch them do it. But right now, I'm kind of skeptical that they can keep this up. Chicago is nipping at their heels, but I don't consider them a true contender just because of how poor that offense is at the QB position. Tampa isn't going to make it far, if they get in. The Giants could be a contender, but Eli has to play better. Not sure if the Vikings get in, and with Bledsoe at the helm in Dallas, they won't go far, IMO.

I wouldn't rule Carolina out of the equation here. They've played inconsistent ball, but remain a very dangerous team.
    Last edited by Nick; -12-09-2005 at 01:19 AM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

What about the giants nobody thinks they will do it? . They only have 3 losses and there all only by a field goal and by 3 good teams. If you ask me they would knockoff Chiacago
    Last edited by socalramfan; -12-09-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast