Smoothpace is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Someone call Spags and tell him ,to get suggs please lol

Be a nice pick up for us .anyone hear anything on lito shepard?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Someone call Spags and tell him ,to get suggs please lol

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothpace View Post
    Be a nice pick up for us .anyone hear anything on lito shepard?

ok,I called him but he was on the other line with Albert Haynesworth and he said he would call me back.

A-Web is offline Registered User

I highly doubt Suggs is going anywhere. I am pretty sure that Baltimore is going to do everything they can this Free Agency to lock up all their defensive free agents. Their key goal should be to maintain the big 3 (Reed, Lewis, and Suggs), even though Lewis and Suggs are up for contracts. I cannot remember is Reed was in a contract year or not, but as far as I was reading, at some point Suggs was asking Lewis not to seek a contract with any other team. He wants them to stay together.

If Suggs is the one trying to play Glue Man, than I think if anyone was going anywhere Lewis would be that guy. On that note, I don't think I would shell out that kind of dough for a veteran linebacker who weighs a little more than he should, and is getting too old to command the middle anymore. He's amazing, and he's got a little gas in the tank, but that little bit isn't the fix I want. I look for permanent cars when I shop, not a car that will make it for 6 months of hard driving and then die.

Haynesworth could be an interesting look. Again, when you get into age and veteranship, you have alot goods and bads. I think on the D-Line, Haynesworth would be a good grab, because we have invested two 1st round picks into our defensive line, and any leadership that is available to help groom our two studs would be welcome in my opinion. Get him in for a 2-3 year contract, and he can mentor both Long and Carriker for a couple years, teach them some moves and techniques that they don't have yet, and then we will have a stronger line. Not to mention he can command two offensive lineman's attention with just his presense. He would be a loud voice to stand up and encourage resilience to the opposing teams.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    Haynesworth could be an interesting look. Again, when you get into age and veteranship, you have alot goods and bads. I think on the D-Line, Haynesworth would be a good grab, because we have invested two 1st round picks into our defensive line, and any leadership that is available to help groom our two studs would be welcome in my opinion. Get him in for a 2-3 year contract, and he can mentor both Long and Carriker for a couple years, teach them some moves and techniques that they don't have yet, and then we will have a stronger line. Not to mention he can command two offensive lineman's attention with just his presense. He would be a loud voice to stand up and encourage resilience to the opposing teams.
    Long, Carriker, Haynesworth, Little line has to be one of the best in the league!

shower beers is offline Registered User

The Ravens also have to resign Bart Scott if I'm not mistaken, and I don't think it will be easy to sign all three. And with Scott being younger, Lewis might hit the open market.

However, Suggs will surely be their top priority, and I've heard he's already been assured of this. He's not going anywhere.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Be nice to get any of them really!