d4nnystl539 Guest

The St. Louis Rams of Anaheim?

The St. Louis Rams of Anaheim
    Bill Gordon
    Bleacher Report

My brother and I are long time Ram fans. We were talking about how much we missed having the team in our backyard at Angel stadium and how we could not root for another team even if they moved to Anaheim, as long as the Rams were in the NFL.
    I really started thinking when he asked me one question... "If the Rams for the 2009 season came out and said they are changing their name to the St. Louis Explorers or anything else beside the Rams, would you still root for that team?"

I had to think and started to laugh, because the answer was "no." I root for the team because they are the Rams.
    Upon that thought, the Browns had it right: If the team moves, change the name and leave the Browns name dead in your city until it is able to be revived.

If the Rams did that when they moved to St. Louis, I would probably be able to root for another team by now, and at the ED, you wouldn't have to have Erick Dickerson's name on the ring of honor. You would have Dierdorf and all of the St. Louis Cardinals because the Rams would have changed their name to the Cardinals upon the move to St. Louis.
    That name would have been sitting in the city ever since Bidwell moved to Arizona, he would of had to pick a new name and new uniforms. Just think about it...and if you really think about it, I would be rooting for the Cleveland Rams or the Hollywood Bulldogs (if LA got a team) and the Cardinals would belong to the Windy city of Chicago.
    By the way...I was sober when this discussion happened.
    I thought it was a fun read. I was entirely confused when I first read this. I too wondered if he was actually sober when discussing this. It brought up an interesting question though. I know for some it's obvious but I was wondering who follows the city of St. Louis and who follows the Rams? I don't mean to start another "What Gives You The Right" thread, but I was just curious. I personally follow both and hope this team remains where it is at. I think the city and the name of the team is a good fit. I also happen to like the way it sounds. It would also be nice to hear it said after the words "THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION (Insert Us Here)" again...

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: The St. Louis Rams of Anaheim?

I'm still confused, lol.

I know the Baltimore Ravens are actually the Cleveland Browns, but without their hisotyr. The Cleveland Browns are actually an expansion team from 1999, but they got the rights to the old Browns' history so they use that.
    I wonder if any diehard Browns fans followed the Ravens when they moved, and stuck with them?

Anyway, I have heard the Rams as of right now called "The Los Angeles Rams of St.Louis."

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I'm still confused, lol.

I know the Baltimore Ravens are actually the Cleveland Browns, but without their hisotyr. The Cleveland Browns are actually an expansion team from 1999, but they got the rights to the old Browns' history so they use that.
    I wonder if any diehard Browns fans followed the Ravens when they moved, and stuck with them?

Anyway, I have heard the Rams as of right now called "The Los Angeles Rams of St.Louis."
    "Los Angeles Rams of Saint Louis by way of Cleveland"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    "Los Angeles Rams of Saint Louis by way of Cleveland"
    Aye, now it's official!

d4nnystl539 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I was a little confused myself reading that lol.

Anyway, I like how that would sound after "The Superbowl Champion..."

I present to you the 2009 Superbowl Champion, The Los Angeles Rams of St. Louis By Way of Cleveland.

I picture the people who make the rings are going to have a little trouble fitting all that in...