Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: For STILL upset Warner fans.....

I don't think Can't Let Warner Go crowd necessarily has to hand in their Ram fan membership cards just yet, but it is long past the point where the complaining about his departure got old.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I don't think Can't Let Warner Go crowd necessarily has to hand in their Ram fan membership cards just yet, but it is long past the point where the complaining about his departure got old.
    Thanks for being the Ram fan membership card director Av. Let me say this about the Warner issue, while leaving Sun Devil Stadium in my Warner jersey, most of the taunts I recieved were of the "too bad you still don't have Warner" and "you should have kept him" vein. That and "Rams suck".

So your first witnesses to prove your case are a bunch of drunk Arizona fans who just finished watching Chris Chandlerception and Jamie "On a leave of absence from my pizza delivery job" Martin playing QB for the Rams?

moklerman is offline Registered User

This is our board. It's free to everyone, but we run the thing. If we delete your post because it's out of topic, it's because it's out of topic. Don't cry, don't whine, don't complain. If you don't like it, move on. We don't want your criticisms, we don't want to be told how to run the board, we don't want helpful hints. This is our dictatorship. If you don't like it, move on to the other boards.
    I had plenty of thoughts on this but I'll just ask: "Is this really the message you want to send"?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    So your first witnesses to prove your case are a bunch of drunk Arizona fans who just finished watching Chris Chandlerception and Jamie "On a leave of absence from my pizza delivery job" Martin playing QB for the Rams?
    Funny, but no, that wasn't what I was getting at. My point was that Warner's situation is still a topical issue, and not with just Ram fans.

Hey, I thought I was head moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Funny, but no, that wasn't what I was getting at. My point was that Warner's situation is still a topical issue, and not with just Ram fans.
    bro,its only a topical issue whith drunk fans, stunned that their team won, and in that drunken stupor, thought they beat the Rams headed by Warner.

Remember, its Cardinal fans your using here. These guys get 10 thousand to their games

Not that this makes us feel any the better LOL

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Wow, this post is rediculous.
    Last edited by sbramfan; -12-27-2004 at 08:40 PM.

rebel13 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Oh goodness. I can't even explain our position as a board without getting lambasted.

Alright, I'm back to my head moderator status for just a second. I apologize Dez, but I feel I must.

This is our board. It's free to everyone, but we run the thing. If we delete your post because it's out of topic, it's because it's out of topic. Don't cry, don't whine, don't complain. If you don't like it, move on. We don't want your criticisms, we don't want to be told how to run the board, we don't want helpful hints. This is our dictatorship. If you don't like it, move on to the other boards.

How's that?
    Yeah!! And then I'll take my ball and run home!! :nerd: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yodude is offline Registered User

Hey Rebel....I just noticed you have a double negative on your reputation.

I know that in grammar that's a no-no...but for reputation, do those cancel out and make you positive?
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    Hey Rebel....I just noticed you have a double negative on your reputation.

I know that in grammar that's a no-no...but for reputation, do those cancel out and make you positive?
    Are you trying to be funny? Be careful, I'll throw you off of this board. Wait wait, I'm no moderator....I can't throw anyone off. You bet it's a positive, but back to Warner....remember him..a two time NFL MVP? The only Ram qb to hoist the lombardi trophy? Oh wait, I don't want to get in trouble.

What a crock. Some people (and I'm not mentioning any names) need to lighten up....OR GO GET A NEW TEAM...and I'm not KIDDING. Hold on guys...I'm not telling you how to play your game, PLEASE don't take your ball and go home...It's our only ball, we're sorry! :tongue:

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    bro,its only a topical issue whith drunk fans, stunned that their team won, and in that drunken stupor, thought they beat the Rams headed by Warner.

Remember, its Cardinal fans your using here. These guys get 10 thousand to their games

Not that this makes us feel any the better LOL
    Dez, my point is that Warner's situation is still talked about by football fans along with the media as it relates to the Rams. Whether it's walking out of a stadium, at the water cooler, on TV, on the radio or in print, Warner's continuing saga still seems to facinate sports fans everywhere. If it's a sore spot for some on both sides of the issue here, that's one thing, but it is by no means a dead topic of discussion in the sportsworld. His departure has raised many more questions and speculation than it has answers.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment that people should go find another team, but it is pretty frustrating when someone tries to make a thread to discuss Martz, Bulger, the offense, the running game, the offensive line, the salary cap, etc etc, and it turns into a thread about Warner.

Also, I haven't heard anyone besides Ram fans talk about Warner's situation with the Rams. To say it's still being talked about by fans and media across the country, well, I haven't seen it honestly. I think his current situation with the Giants is still being talked about, but I've seen very few discussions about his situation with the Rams now that it's come and gone.

In my opinion, it's the administrator's and moderators' call, basically, as to what topics can be discussed and where. This board isn't a right. Someone can use the "take my ball and go home" example as much as they want, but you're not the one paying monthly fees for the webspace so people can talk about Rams stuff, all the while being shown little to no respect or thanks by some people.

So I'm not really annoyed by the Warner discussions. I'm annoyed by the people with no maturity or respect for their fellow posters who come to this site free of charge thinking they have as much right to be here as the owner and throw insults and negative posts around with little to contribute besides bitter or sarcastic remarks to berate the team, players, or coaches. I'm annoyed by the people who come to this site and refuse/rebel against the requests made by the administrators and the moderators, as if they have as much right to delegate content and say what's right or wrong on someone else's board, and make it a point to take shots at the "authority" for what they consider crap rules.

If you want to talk about something that isn't being talked about here, drop the monthly fee and create your own board. Until then, the people who run this - and their rules - need to be respected, IMO.

Now, let the "Oh look, Nick's working on his junior moderator's badge" comments begin. :confused:
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rebel13
    but back to Warner....remember him..a two time NFL MVP?
    I'm the last person you need to remind about that...but then, I think you already knew that.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Hey MODERATORS, Someone mentioned the name Warner.....quick, throw him off the board.
    And some people need to go wipe the brown stuff off of their noses!! Sorry, I can't help it.
    Long live the moderators and administrators they are the best. We need more of them. They are so wonderful. And did I mention insightful? Only their arguements hold water. I am so weak in their presence. I wish I could touch one of them. I am not worthy....I am not worthy....
    Pardon me while I go puke! :bored:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast