Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: For STILL upset Warner fans.....

How long's it been since London Fletcher's been gone? I still hear his name brought up and the mistake it was to get rid of him. I support the LB's we have playing now. London Fletcher is a Buffalo Bill. Get over it.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

you supported Marc and now we have him and we stink
    Typical. If anyone dares to point out that Warner lost his last 8 starts with the Rams, they get blasted with "that was the team, not Warner!" comments. But you are so willing to try to draw a connection between Bulger (who, by the way, is 7-6 as a starter this year, after going 12-3 last year) and the team's overall success and failure.

Sorry to break it to you, but Bulger's the main reason the Rams are still in contention for a playoff spot this year, instead of being at the bottom of the standings.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    How long's it been since London Fletcher's been gone? I still hear his name brought up and the mistake it was to get rid of him. I support the LB's we have playing now. London Fletcher is a Buffalo Bill. Get over it.
    Please. Fletcher is mentioned every now and again when the defense or salary cap issues are discussed. There are posters here (you Mok, to some extent, have been guilty of this) who have a practice of not only injecting Warner into posts having nothing to do with the QB situation, but actually trying to rehash old Warner/Bulger debates that were beaten to death a year ago. Hardly the same thing as the Fletcher mentions.

Within the course of a conversation if it has led to comparing Warner to Bulger I guess I've participated but I don't know that I've started a thread on the subject.

In any case, how's it different? Some think it was a mistake to get rid of Fletcher and the team would have been better had he stayed. It has been brought up on more than a few occasions. The context is the same, the volume is different. I think there are quite a few more people interested in and fans of Warner than Fletcher so the difference in amount is inevitable.

Has the mention of Warner been excessive? In some cases. Has it been out of place? On occassion (not even remotely as much as the PD board). Is there a double standard in regards to Warner. I think it's obvious.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    I think there are quite a few more people interested in and fans of Warner than Fletcher
    Yet I think if we had either one back right now, it would be Fletcher that would be making more of an impact on the team. Just my two cents. Our linebackers aren't playing well at all outside of Pisa, yet I think our quarterback is playing very well this season. If I could have one of the two back on the team right now, I'd choose Fletcher.

The only reason I bring this up is because I find it interesting that we have a bigger need at linebacker than we do at cornerback, yet Warner is brought quite a bit more than London Fletcher. Obviously Warner, as the quarterback and field general, is going to get more attention and a larger fan base, but it's interesting in my opinion how his name is brought up vastly more often despite playing at a position that I don't think anyone would consider a need right now, at least not in the same context of the need that Fletcher would be filling had he remained.
    Last edited by Nick; -12-28-2004 at 07:30 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I agree, I was just making a point. I happen to think the offense would be worse off at this point with Warner (and Martz). Conspiracy theories aside, the difference in playcally by Martz, when Warner was the qb was too lopsided to give the team a chance to win.

As much as I like what Lovie was able to do for the defense he definitely blew it on the Fletcher/Duncan decision. In general, I think the Rams better adopt a Patriots' style of blueprint for success in all three phases of the game or it won't matter who the coach is.

Good (not great) players up and down the lineup is far better than a few stars and a ton of scrubs.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Sorry to break it to you, but Bulger's the main reason the Rams are still in contenti

Whats typical is that you start comparing Marc to Warner. I’m not going there, all I am stating is that this team would be in a better place if Warner or Marc had been our back up QB this year. We let Warner go bad move, we needed a QB that knows the play book and we had two under contract and we let one go. We found out the hard way that Chris does not have a clue as we saw 7 picks in 5 quarters, and Smoker is not close to playing so once again we go get a guy that we dumped and play him, make it sound as if we had a plan. This move could have cost us a division title and or playoffs if that’s not a bad move I don’t know what is. If we keep Warner for one more year, at least smoker is ready when we need him.

As far as Warner 8 starts that he lost all on his own that’s fine, as long as the SB win he won all on his own! Not sure you would say that right, did Warner break the SB all time passing yardage, win the MVP of the game and hit the game winning pass all on his own, because we all know he lost the 8 games by himself, still waiting for Marc first playoff win by the way, it’s going to be two and half years now that he’s been the starter, maybe we will sneak in and go all the way…sorry to break it to you but we went from a SB favorite to, Marc is why we still might get into the playoff great move by the FO I say.

What is Marc road record by the way? (2-5) If you can’t win on the road well you are trying to get into the playoff instead of hosting in the playoff.

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Sorry to break it to you, but Bulger's the main reason the Rams are still in contenti

You know, I been gone for a couple days. I just happened to check in tonight cause I heard the stuff that may or may not have happened between Martz and Turley. But since I read all posts that happen on this board, I had to stumble into this one too.

I am really just torn between trying to ignore this thread (which I can't) or just asking the next available Mod to cancel my login. This is just BS. While Dez does pay the rent here, and he can decide who stays and who goes, this thread wasn't started by him. It was started by one of the most open minded people on this board. But, it seems that mind has closed shut. If if this becomes a "talking head" board, instead of one of the best site's to get Rams news, then I don't think I want to belong.

You can cancel my login. I can read what I want as a guest. I won't need to post a reply as whatever I say may be against the "current policy".

I am a Rams fan true and true. I don't need anyone else to agree with that or not. It is not up to someone else or not. Those of you trying to weigh out the rest of us need to look at yourself first. And the biggest part about being a fan is being able to say when things are NOT going right. Band wagon is when no matter what, it is all roses.

Potential, dammit. Potential...

Bye all...
    This space for rent...

lakerams Guest

this defense is not as bad as the one we had in 2000, and the Rams went 10-6 that year.

and you can't compare winning percentages unless it is for the equal amount of games. that's like saying Ben Roethlisberger has the winningest percentage in NFL history compared to all the other QB's that have played since the league began.

well, Ben has only played 12 games, the others have played hundreds. you can't compare the two. just like you can't compare Warner's record after 49 games versus Bulger at 36. that's not how it works.

be fair when you quote or don't quote.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Sorry to break it to you, but Bulger's the main reason the Rams are still in contenti

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    And the biggest part about being a fan is being able to say when things are NOT going right.
    Who said you couldn't do this?

It seems to me this was addressing a very small percent of the board population, and no where was the approach you're discussing ever jeopardized, to my knowledge.

When did this become a thread stating that people can't have opinions that differ? It sounded as if something very specific was being referred to in the original post, not general differences of opinion.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams

well, Ben has only played 12 games, the others have played hundreds. you can't compare the two. just like you can't compare Warner's record after 49 games versus Bulger at 36. that's not how it works.

be fair when you quote or don't quote.
    Sorry Lake, but that's exactly how it works. If I were comparing Roth's 12 games to Marino's 242 (1917% more games), and called Roth the winningest QB, then, yea, that would be silly. But that's not the comparison, is it? I compared 49 games (36% more games) to 36 games. Qualitatively speaking, that is certainly close enough to compare.

And I go out of my way to be fair when I quote.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Its amazing how people are so willing to misquote and mischaracterize what is being said here.

Let's make this very simple:

General Rule: Clan members are not only permitted, but are encouraged, to discuss issues relating to the Rams, past and present, and no one viewpoint is to be favored over another.

Caveat to General Rule: For the benefit of the Clan board as a whole, if the Administrators or Moderators determine that a single member or a small group of members is monopolizing the Clan board by rehashing a single issue over and over again (particularly when such rehashing occurs in threads not relevant to the rehashed topic), they reserve the right to discourage such discussions by moving, editing, or deleting posts as necessary. This power is more likely to be exercised in the case of topics that relate to issues of the past, as opposed to current events.

Okay? That's the how the rule works. As Tx has said, and Dez has echoed, if you don't like it and can't accept these parameters, you are welcome to go to the largely unmoderated PD board.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    It's the exact message I want to send. If you don't like the harshness of it, there are plenty of other Rams sites to go to.
    This is so juvenile, it is beyond belief. When "BlackTrout" made "Moderator" I expected such "moderation." When the Secretary of Defense can have Irritable Brain Syndrome and fart out such intemperate nonsense as ... "You go to war with what you have and not with what you want. Deal with it." ... then it is no surprise that monkies see and monkies do.

To create a rule that says "if you talk too much about an ex-Ram, you need to become an ex-Ram fan" is the epitome of intolerance. But you go to the message board with what you have, not with what you want, righteous boss?
    Last edited by adarian_too; -12-29-2004 at 02:19 PM. Reason: To further censor myself.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The main theme for all this was to try to stay in topic. That's all. Not saying you can't talk about Warner. However, too many threads have veered off topic lately.

Look, all I'm saying is please stay on topic. That's it.

Thanks

sbramfan is offline Registered User

let me translate into english:

General Rule: You can talk about anything you want.

Caveat to General Rule: Except Kurt Warner, because us moderaters think that Mike Martz's decision to get rid of him was correct, and we are avid Bulger supporters who get really annoyed when anyone pulls an "I told you so" and mentions him, now that this team is a .500 team at best.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast