Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: For STILL upset Warner fans.....

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    let me translate into english:

General Rule: You can talk about anything you want.

Caveat to General Rule: Except Kurt Warner, because us moderaters think that Mike Martz's decision to get rid of him was correct, and we are avid Bulger supporters who get really annoyed when anyone pulls an "I told you so" and mentions him, now that this team is a .500 team at best.
    Thank you for illustrating my point about how people like to misquote and mischaracterize everything posted by the Admin/Mods on this subject.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Talk about blowing things out of context.

Maybe my opening point was too blunt. For that I apologize. Here's the edited version.

For those of you who can ONLY talk about Kurt Warner when it comes to anything with the Rams, maybe you should find another team.

I hope that's better. Listen, talk all you want about Warner. That's fine. As long as it is in the context of the thread. This forum was getting out of whack with Warner again and I felt like I needed to say something.

Being a moderator isn't a popularity contest. I could care less if all of you don't like me. That's fine, that's your perogative. However, if we as mods are so terrible, why is this website so popular?

I like you just fine, Tx! :redface:

sbramfan is offline Registered User

You can continue to say that there is 1 or 2 offenders that bring up Warner in every thread, regardless of the topic, but the reality is you are saying that the Warner topic has been beatin to the ground and YOU don't want to hear about it anymore.

I actually do want to hear about it some more. It's in my mind these days. I watched Brett Favre the other day and thought...you know, Warner would have still had some big days....bigger than Bulger could ever have. And that would have made me happy, even if the Rams were losing...which they are now anyway.

Just my honest opinion. I guess I should suppress it.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

No you shouldn't suppress your feelings, but at least you should respect where we are trying to come from instead of making me out to be a bad guy or something.

I have not once said to stop talking about Warner. I SAID KEEP THINGS IN TOPIC. Now, tell me, where in that sentence have these things been said?

1. I hate Warner
    2. I don't want anyone talking about Warner
    3. I want everyone who still idolizes Warner to be quiet about it.

Please, enlighten me.

Let's be specific. Warner's name has been repeatedly invoked in recent threads relating to Mike Martz's status. No matter how much you want this to be a jumping off point to rehash old Warner grievances, it simply does not fit.

There are many factors that will ultimately go into the decision to keep Martz or not, but I can guarantee you that Warner is not part of the equation.

With respect to Martz's status, Warner is ancient history.

Now, if Martz had chosen Bulger over Warner and Bulger played like A.J. Feeley while Warner played like a Pro Bowler, that would be one thing. But that's not what has happened. Bulger has played well, and Warner played merely okay for the Giants.

So, other than your desire for revenge, there is no relevant connection between Warner and Martz's current status.

Given this, the insistance of some on constantly raising old Warner issues in posts about Martz is, in the opinion of the Moderators, detracting from those discussions.

The end.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Well, I can agree to keep things in topic, and only bring up KW when applicable so I don't think I have any issues.

Definitely from a front office perspective, the KW decision is ancient history.

A fans view, though, isn't exactly the same as the front office.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Okay, I haven't researched this but I don't agree with the aforementioned flooding and/or monopolizing of threads with Kurt Warner talk. Two of the more popular threads turned in that direction but in general, a really low percentage of threads made mention of or were hijacked by talk of Warner.

I still don't see what the problem is even if talks are about Warner. The two threads I mentioned were two of the most popular topics of discussion last week. If you look on the board now, nothing even compares. There are a few topics plodding along but nothing that people are having actual conversations about. There was a nice thread between two poster having a conversation about where Dez was from and what kind of beer to drink. The fact that 99.9999999999999999% of Rams fans could care less about that or that it had nothing to do with the Rams shouldn't get in the way of a double standard though should it?

It's really simple folks, if go to a thread and the conversation starts to turn to a topic that you're tired of, just don't read it any more. If a thread is ten or more pages long, regardless of which Ram or ex-Ram is being discussed, there is an interest!

By the way, what I've written is for all the board members out there, not the moderators.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    I still don't see what the problem is even if talks are about Warner.
    I'm not sure that anyone is saying talking about Warner is not to be done period. But it's frustrating to watch interesting threads on other topics turn into a debate about Warner rather than their initial subject.

I think that's the point that's trying to be expressed here - try to remain on topic. A thread about Martz or Bulger should remain about Martz or Bulger - their accomplishments, areas that still need improvement, areas in which they've improved, their qualities at their positions, etc etc - and not become threads about Kurt Warner.

Obviously you can play Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon and relate many issues back to something related to Kurt, but I think a lot of people would rather discuss current Rams problems with the current personnel and current staff we have rather than what if's and I told you so's of the past.

If there's interest about a certain topic, start a new thread about it. Don't kill another thread that has a good topic idea by changing course. Then again, maybe that's just me.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

If there's interest about a certain topic, start a new thread about it. Don't kill another thread that has a good topic idea by changing course. Then again, maybe that's just me.
    This is what I don't get. How a 10 page thread can be considered "dead"? That's my point. Like it or not, the Warner debates spark lively and heated discussions. Out of the most recent examples of these I haven't found the reference to Warner or his connection to the topic to be outlandish or out of place either.

So, if the conversation is going strong, is Rams related and topical, why the need for this thread?

This is what I don't get. How a 10 page thread can be considered "dead"?
    The original topic certainly died, and it's not the only one where it's happened.

If there's so much interest, start a new thread and let those that want to talk about the other's original topic continue on in that discussion. I don't see why that's so difficult.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Someone once said:

A picture is worth a thousand words

If there's so much interest, start a new thread and let those that want to talk about the other's original topic continue on in that discussion. I don't see why that's so difficult.
    This seems pretty unrealistic to me. I say, let the conversation take whatever direction it's going to take. I really can't believe that any poster on this board simply gives up talking about a subject because someone mentions Kurt Warner.

Man, I really wanted to talk about Martz and Turley but those Kurt Warner thugs scare me to death. I better not post any more today.

This seems pretty unrealistic to me.
    It seems unrealistic to stay on topic? Unrealistic to start a new thread when a new topic presents itself?

Funny, to me, that sounds exactly like what the purpose of a message board is. You start a topic, you talk about that topic, and when you want to talk about something else, you make a new topic.

How is this unrealistic? It's the foundation of message board discussion!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I think we have seen a new breed of sports fans develop over the past few years. There will always be your die-hards and your fairweather fans, but a new 'genre' has emerged. We'll call them...player fans.

In this case I think it's easy to see that some 'player fans' have emerged on this board. It's an ongoing struggle between Rams fans and Warner fans.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast