Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: For STILL upset Warner fans.....

Given the temporary nature of any player's tenure with a career, how can any "Player Fan" be a long term fan of a team?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    I think we have seen a new breed of sports fans develop over the past few years. There will always be your die-hards and your fairweather fans, but a new 'genre' has emerged. We'll call them...player fans.

In this case I think it's easy to see that some 'player fans' have emerged on this board. It's an ongoing struggle between Rams fans and Warner fans.
    I'm not sure what the intent of these statements are, but I've got news for you, there have always been what you call "player fans". It's absolutely nothing new and nothing that should be seen as a negative. There has been a growing undercurrent here that anyone who still has an interest in Kurt Warner is not a true Ram fan. The fact that you make a distinction between Ram fans and Warner fans and put them in some type of struggle is a perfect example.

Let me assure you that this is one Warner fan who is also very much a die-hard Ram fan in every sense of the word. I can't speak for others with an interest in Warner, but I would bet that virtually all, if not all feel the same way I do.

Except the ones who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Given the temporary nature of any player's tenure with a career, how can any "Player Fan" be a long term fan of a team?
    Because one is not dependant on the other.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I'm not sure what the intent of these statements are, but I've got news for you, there have always been what you call "player fans". It's absolutely nothing new and nothing that should be seen as a negative. There has been a growing undercurrent here that anyone who still has an interest in Kurt Warner is not a true Ram fan. The fact that you make a distinction between Ram fans and Warner fans and put them in some type of struggle is a perfect example.

Let me assure you that this is one Warner fan who is also very much a die-hard Ram fan in every sense of the word. I can't speak for others with an interest in Warner, but I would bet that virtually all, if not all feel the same way I do.
    Mike, you are completely right. One person can be both a Rams fan and a Warner fan. I believe you, I and several others would fall into that very category. However, I think the conflict is between those that see the Rams only in the light of being Warner's former team, and true Rams fans. These people are the ones that would root for Warner's team if they played the Rams. Where you and I will root for Warner's team, unless it conflicts with the best interests of the Rams, these individuals will root for Warner's team, in SPITE of the Ram's best interests.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rampower is offline Registered User

I will always have fond memories of eric dickerson, jim everett, flipper anderson, jerome bettis, kurt warner, london flecther and many others. I will continue to wish them well and if they are still playing, see how they do. But they are now the rams past and I aint gonna waste my time worrying about the past.

I hearby declare my self a "mover-on-ite"

or moron for short.

:confused:

but thats for me, I just cant see the point in stressing my self to death for months over something I cannot control.

However, I think the conflict is between those that see the Rams only in the light of being Warner's former team, and true Rams fans. These people are the ones that would root for Warner's team if they played the Rams.
    Bison, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see this. I can't believe anyone who spends any amount of time here and voices passionate opinions about this team would root against the Rams under any circumstances. If they are indeed out there, I think they would be happy to let the fact be known
    that their loyalties lie elsewhere. I'm not saying these people positively don't exist, but nothing I have read would lead me to those conclusions. I just see many types of passionate Ram fans who express their views and frustrations in different ways.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I just see many types of passionate Ram fans who express their views and frustrations in different ways.
    You're so off topic here, why don't you just start another thread so the rest of us can start posting again. Man, I've been waiting to post for days now and the conversation isn't coming back to the original thread topic. I think I'll complain to the mod's. They love me.

You're so off topic here, why don't you just start another thread so the rest of us can start posting again. Man, I've been waiting to post for days now and the conversation isn't coming back to the original thread topic.
    Oops, my bad! LOL

I think I'll complain to the mod's. They love me.
    Let me save you the trouble Av, "Except the ones who don't". LOL

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Bison, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see this. I can't believe anyone who spends any amount of time here and voices passionate opinions about this team would root against the Rams under any circumstances. If they are indeed out there, I think they would be happy to let the fact be known
    that their loyalties lie elsewhere. I'm not saying these people positively don't exist, but nothing I have read would lead me to those conclusions. I just see many types of passionate Ram fans who express their views and frustrations in different ways.
    Mike, I would love for you to be right about this, but I can think of a couple of posters who would fall in to this category.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Let's see, a thread about Warner is at 100 replies while the most any of the "real Rams topics" are topping out in the low 20's. Someone please tell me again why it's bad for the message board to bring up Warner's name (out of context or not)?

rampower is offline Registered User

true molker, still gets people talking, but the general theme of the thread is..?

trying to get people to move on?

to look to the future?

to follow their team whoever is playing for them?

love players and ex-players, but dont forget to carry on loving your team?

but I suppose it ends up where it always ends up.

With us all chasing our tails! 100 replies, but where is it goin?

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Let's see, a thread about Warner is at 100 replies while the most any of the "real Rams topics" are topping out in the low 20's. Someone please tell me again why it's bad for the message board to bring up Warner's name (out of context or not)?
    Well, someone could start a thread about abortion, religion, politics or any number of other controversial topics and get a lot of responses, but that doesn't make it good for the board.

Nice Avenger, talking about Warner equals talking about abortion. You're obviously not biased are you?

Just a friendly intervention at this point asking everyone to calm down.

On a side note, I can not believe the Rams are fighting for a play off spot and there are "Ram" fans in here arguing ...................................

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast