evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Super Agent: Rosenhaus saves drowning boy

Updated: July 19, 2005, 8:09 PM ET

Agent gives CPR to 4-year-old pulled from pool
    Pasquarelli
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com

In the new logo that emblazons the front of the T-shirts often worn by the few employees of Rosenhaus Sports Representation, the "S" is large and exaggerated, reminiscent of the famous crest worn by Superman.

On Tuesday afternoon, for one imperiled toddler, NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus, who collects superhero figurines as a hobby, became a real-life Superman.

Orange County (Fla.) Police confirmed that Rosenhaus, acting quickly in a moment of crisis, saved the life of 4-year-old Maurice Hill, who had essentially drowned in the pool at the Grand Floridian Hotel in Orlando. Rosenhaus administered CPR to Hill, who had no pulse when he was yanked from the pool, until paramedics arrived and took over the treatment of the youngster.

"He basically brought [Hill] back," said Cpl. Carlos Torres, public information officer for the Orange County Police Department. "The kid was gone and [Rosenhaus] saved a life. It's legitimate. Who knows how it would have turned out had he not been around? The guy was a hero today."

Said Cpl. Bob Leben, the deputy who commenced the investigation of the incident: "[Rosenhaus] certainly stepped up."

Hill was transported to Celebration Hospital, where police said he was listed in stable condition. Hospital officials did not immediately return messages, nor could the Hill family be reached. A spokesperson at the hotel also confirmed the events.

Rosenhaus was in Orlando for an appearance at the ESPN Club and to meet with some of his clients. He took a short break from business to honor a promise he had made, to take his girlfriend to the pool, when the incident occurred.

"When I was in high school, I was a lifeguard, and had learned CPR," Rosenhaus said. "In a situation like that, instincts kind of take over, I think. Let me tell you, this is the happiest day of my life. To save a little boy like that, who has his whole life in front of him, it's incredibly gratifying."

Jeez, is this his year or what?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Super Agent: Rosenhaus saves drowning boy

Glad to read all turned out well. You never know. To Mr. Rosenhaus, the agent, Salute!

In the past three or four weeks, here in the Portland, Oregon area, two men have drowned while trying to rescue individuals in troubled waters. In one case, a young boy ended up being pulled out by other people while the man that first attempted the rescue did not make it.

The selfless sacrifice... The challenge to respond to an emergency.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Nice story, but... (and I apologize to those I might offend with my cynicism)

Does anyone find this story a little too convenient for someone who has recently been battling negative press?

Would anyone be surprised to find out later that Rosenhaus staged this?

Is it me, or is it a bit odd for a police spokesperson to say "its legitimate"?

Maybe its just me.

Masspatsfan12 is offline Registered User

I agree, this story does sound kind of fishy.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Avenger I Agree With You,it Just Sounds A Little To Staged For Me,last Week Espn Does A Story About Him Being A "shark" And A Few Days Later Hes Saving A Drowning Boy.if Its True Thank God He Was There To Help,but If It Was Made Up,then He Should Be Banned From All Sports And Beaten Senseless.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    Would anyone be surprised to find out later that Rosenhaus staged this?
    You know, it sounds horrible to suggest but I wouldn't put it beyond him. I think he would've waited until he was in Philadelphia or Green Bay, though.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

C'mon people, no possible way even a snake like Rosenhaus puts a little boy in danger of losing his life for a publicity stunt.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

No, but he could have paid off the boy, his parents and even the EMT for all we know, to stage the rescue.

I guess when someone goes on local TV (as DR does often here) and lies through his teeth at least once a week, you tend to disbelieve anything he says.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I hate to add to the cynicism, but as soon as I read the headline, my first thought was "publicity stunt". This is one that I want to be wrong about, because to stage something like that is beyond dispicable and even inhumane, but that nagging feeling just won't go away. As a law enforcement officer, I know a few things about first aid and the stats associated with first responders, and the percentage of people who are successfully "brought back" by CPR is 1 in 200. Multiply the odds of Rosenhaus being the one to walk by that pool at that specific time by the 1 in 200 odds, and well...I'm skeptical to say the least.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod