• 1 Post By gap

Thread: Superbowl prediction

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Superbowl prediction

Who do you think will win?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: Superbowl prediction

I am no good at gambling or fantasy league because I think with my heart, thus my choice for the Donkeys.

I do fear that their D canot get enough pressure, or containment, on Wilson, and he might eat them up. I also fear that the officials will totally ignore Deffensive Holding and Pass Intereference, which gives the hags a major advantage. Maybe the sherman debacle will shine a light on the hags' secondary, and the officials will throw flags for anything that looks like a penalty.

At any rate, I think the Donkeys' passing game is wide open enough to cause issues for even the hags' secondary (uncalled penalties included), and it could be a blow-out.

Here's to hoping the Donkeys' have found a chink in sherman's armour, and they light him up like a Christmas tree.

gap
    DE_Ramfan likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'm going with Denver, and the better the weather, the stronger I feel about my pick.

As much as I hate to I'm going with Seattle. I don't think Peyton is going to have time for a coffee and danish in the pocket like he did against the Patriots. I'm thinking the pressure from Seattle's defense is going to force Manning to get rid of the ball sooner than he wants to. Not to mention the Seattle secondary is going to beat up the Bronco's receivers whether they catch the ball or not.
    I also think "cold" weather conditions will be a factor which gives Seattle a bit of an edge.

demiurge is offline Registered User

I think its going to be a good one. Temp isn't going to impact things, but wind might. Most people would say that's going to impact Manning more than Wilson, but I'm not so sure. Mannings arm is a step down from what at was at its height, but the guy throws short so often. Their reads are actually short first, and let their WRs make athletic plays, and keep the chains moving. I've never seen a team so successful with WR and bubble screens.

Wilson isn't a great pocket passer (good, but without several of his top targets his stats trailed off significantly). What he does do is extend plays and get people open deep. I think a high wind is going to impact that style a lot more than Manning.

I think both teams will move the ball, and that the score will be moderate - say 26-23 Denver. Beast Mode will have a solid but not dominate game. The short passing game will move the chains for Denver, but will have problems down in the Red Zone. The Legion of Boom will tackle well and neutralize the amazing YAC Denver gets to some extent, but Manning will find the open guy, and the rush won't get to him consistently. Lynch will get more yards than Moreno, but Moreno will convert some critical 3rd downs, and is a better reciever than Lynch.

My hunch is that its close in the first half, maybe a slight lead for the Seahawks, 13-10. Then Manning and company make adjustments and go off in the 3rd, going up 26-13. The Seahhawks in desperation mode close to 26-23 in the 4th, but Manning leads a long drive at the end and runs out the clock.

I tend to think its going to be a good game regardless.

94 views on this thread and only 8 votes? C'mon people...there's no money involved with this prediction...

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm going with Denver

macrammer is online now Registered User

Denver takes it this year. Rams take it sooooooooon !!!!

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Seahawks in a wild one.

(OK, I'm biased.)

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

This is a tough one, but I think Manning has something to prove, and will solidify his claim as one of the, if not the greatest QB of all-time. 24-20 Denver.

ram3057 is offline Registered User

31-28 Denver...
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

general counsel is online now Registered User

I think Manning is fantastic and i am really hoping the horses win the game. However, as great as Manning is, one think i can guarantee you is that he is not going to score from the sideline. I dont think denver will consistently stop the seattle running game and i dont think denver will be able to run the ball at all. I also think Sherman will do an outstanding job on Thomas, negating a major weapon. If you look at the games seattle has lost over the last couple of years, they lose when someone can get in the trenches with them and really punch them back in the mouth. That is not the way denver plays. I think seattle wins the game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Last year I could tell that Baltimore was a team of destiny. While I accurately predicted the Hags/Broncos matchup, it's a lot closer than I thought it would be. Manning can dissect a secondary, it's the pass rush that gets him jumpy, the line has held up so far, so give the advantage Manning. On the flip side, I bet they load up on the run and make Wilson beat them. Easier said than done, but Wilson isn't a lucky Flacco from last year yet.

Give me Manning's second ring, but only by a hair, less than a field goal, say 24-22.
    I believe!

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

In the big game the refs are always reluctant to throw flags which will allow the Seahawks' secondary to get away with murder against the Broncos' receivers. Bad weather will not help.

I really hope I'm wrong.