Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1st & Goal is offline Registered User

Suspensions handed down Pacman & Henry

Last edited by 1st & Goal; -04-10-2007 at 01:32 PM.

"I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Suspensions handed down Pacman & Henry

Good to see Goodell is taking this seriously, hopefully this will show players that the NFL is for real now, and will be giving suspensions. Their actions will NOT be tolerated anymore, good to see, it's a damn shame, but I think it had to happen.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsNation is offline Registered User

I don't disagree with the length of the suspensions, but i do hope goodell had a legit formula for them.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

i think it is a little too harsh of a punishment for the two

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

8 games is right for Chris Henry but a year does seem kinda harsh on Pacman.

Rambos is offline Registered User

About time, this is what is needed, these guys just don't get it.

Raze is offline Registered User

not Harsh in my eyes

this will be the biggest test of Pacmans life, one year of no football where drugs and gangs will be oh so appealing to him and IF, and thats a big IF, he manages to make it the year without any trouble with the law or any court appearances then kudos to the bloke, but for 365 days hes gona have to live without football...

Here's my question about this policy, it clearly says that anything detrimental to the leagues image while it might not be criminal, will be punished. There's an even bigger name that Pacman Jones in ruining the league, you might know him as T.O. This guy has had his name in the papers more than Jones, and Henry(not combined). Why doesn't the league suspend him? I know it's not illegal but the policy says it doesn't have to be illegal just give the NFL a bad rep. I'd say T.O has done a good enough job with that. Suspend him and I'll really support this thing.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

If thats the case Arch you would have to suspend the Dirty Bird, a.k.a Ron Mexico. Especially, considering what he can do with water bottles. I don't think this will be happening to anyone that sells jerseys or fills seats.

That's its flawed. You should suspend Ron Mexico, he was even involved in an illegal act. Although proven innocent it still gave him and the league a bad name. What if Pacman is proved innocent on his 10,000 charges? I like watching Vick play, he could easily be the most exciting player in the NFL to watch, but if he's gotta go he's gotta go. It all seems a little too excesive, like the league wants to do something but will over compensate to fix the problem. Under the new policy Little should probably be punished, but I don't think anyone here wants to hear, or see that happen.
    Last edited by RedArcher7; -04-10-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Pacman's I think was appropriate, Henry's might have been a bit excessive but better to air on that side than being too lenient. In the end I hope this time off results in both guys growing up and becoming adults, but unfortunately I have a bad feeling that it might just give them more free time to get into trouble.

Raze is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Pacman's I think was appropriate, Henry's might have been a bit excessive but better to air on that side than being too lenient. In the end I hope this time off results in both guys growing up and becoming adults, but unfortunately I have a bad feeling that it might just give them more free time to get into trouble.
    i'd have to disagree I myself think Henrys punishment is fine, and talking to some Bengals fan not one said that 8 games was to excessive.

Now I wonder if both Henry and Pac can stay outta trouble?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Well, what I get out of this is simply....well ok there's two scenarios, 1. Henry and Jones stay out of trouble and play in the NFL again and finish their careers as respected gentlemen. Other players follow the same route and stay out of trouble as well...2. They still get in more trouble while they're off, and they're more than likely going to be banned from the NFL for even more time, if not for life at this point, and it'll hopefully start showing other players that it is totally not worth getting into trouble like that. They're people who have an incredible talent and are getting paid a lot of money to show that talent, the real lesson from this whole mess is, can they become more responsible with the opportunities they've been given? I think that's what Goodell wants to know for the future, and he's probably praying that this is just an example of things that WILL happen if players don't stop acting inappropriately off the field.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Good thing this new policy isn't retroactive.:x

itsguud is offline Registered User

Both of these suspensions were outrageously excessive. 8 months... should have been about 5. 1 year should have been no more then 6 games.

This is absurd!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast