Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Suspensions handed down Pacman & Henry

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Both of these suspensions were outrageously excessive. 8 months... should have been about 5. 1 year should have been no more then 6 games.

This is absurd!
    Just out of curiosity, what makes 8/16 games excessive and 5/6 games appropriate?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jhutch is offline Registered User

If the suspensions hold up, Pacman is planning on going back to WVU to get his degree. I'm glad to see he's taking a step in the right direction.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jhutch View Post
    If the suspensions hold up, Pacman is planning on going back to WVU to get his degree. I'm glad to see he's taking a step in the right direction.
    Well good for him then. I hate to see it took something like this to do it, but I'm glad to see he's making a positive out of it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Here's my question about this policy, it clearly says that anything detrimental to the leagues image while it might not be criminal, will be punished. There's an even bigger name that Pacman Jones in ruining the league, you might know him as T.O. This guy has had his name in the papers more than Jones, and Henry(not combined). Why doesn't the league suspend him? I know it's not illegal but the policy says it doesn't have to be illegal just give the NFL a bad rep. I'd say T.O has done a good enough job with that. Suspend him and I'll really support this thing.

Here's the issue with T.O. When did you hear of him being in a strip club where someone got shot? Where did you hear of him being pulled over by the police for marijuana use? Where did you hear of him getting into a fight in a bar and brandishing a weapon? Never. T.O. is just a jerk, however it doesn't make him a criminal. We all have worked with jerks in our life, but being a jerk is far less detrimental than what Pacman Jones has done.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jhutch View Post
    Maybe he and Nick can go to study hall together.....

:beer:

keith m. klink Guest

i like both , this isn't a 5,000 dollar fine for flipping the bird or 20, 000 for spitting , this is CRIMINAL behavior . with more pending . how many times do you have to be in with a bad crowd , or your own actions to learn that what you are doing is wrong . these guy's either are to stupid to get it, which they both say they are inteligent and have learned from their mistakes , or don't care. but to go back and be in the trouble zone not just 1 more time but 4 -5 -6 -10 times c'mon . this is showing the few that don't care what their actions are ,because they are football players , and have money, that they get a free pass . well, the comish , just told them , no more payday if it hapens again . that isn't over the top , that is LEADERSHIP of a LEAGUE that needed a new sherrif in town, and got one. and i say GOOD. when a superstar gets drummed out of the league, i will cheer with pom-poms . that is character.
    Last edited by keith m. klink; -04-12-2007 at 04:32 PM.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Tx, the policy doesn't say anything about strip joints, or shooting of any kind. It says any behavior that damages the name of the league, and all those involved will be punished. I don't know who has had the bigger impact on the league, certainly this policy is because of Pacman and Chris Henry, but TO has just been a stain on the whole league. Nothing has to be illegal in the eyes of the US government, but illegal in the eyes of the NFL.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Maybe he and Nick can go to study hall together.....

:beer:
    As long as I get put on the payroll...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12