Thread: T.O A Cowboy

Truth is offline Registered User

T.O A Cowboy

Let's see how long he lasts. Any bets?

T.O. Joins the Cowboys
    Mar 18, 4:00 PM (ET)

By JAIME ARON
    IRVING, Texas (AP) - Terrell Owens has gone from stomping on the Dallas Cowboys' star logo to wearing it on his helmet.

The reviled receiver joined the Cowboys on Saturday, signing a three-year contract to play for Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells in what promises to be an interesting combination of strong personalities.

"I'm a star among stars now," a smiling Owens said.

There's no questioning his talent - Owens has consistently put up numbers the Cowboys have lacked since Michael Irvin was in the prime of his career a decade ago.

It's his attitude that prompted the San Francisco ***** and Philadelphia Eagles to get rid of Owens. His relationship with the Eagles soured only months after he led them to the Super Bowl, finally ending with his release Tuesday.

Owens referred to his past problems as "life-learning experiences."

"I'm going to put those things behind me," Owens said. "They can only make a man stronger, wiser. For me, that's what it's done. I'll be a better teammate, a better person, a better man in life. I'm looking forward to this opportunity. I couldn't be more excited to be here."

Following up a question to Jones about Owens' past, the receiver interjected: "Jerry, I know what's expected of me. I won't let you down."

Jones didn't immediately reveal any contract details, but it was likely to include behavior-related provisions. Owens' blowup with Philadelphia last season even led to new rules regarding punishment being written into the NFL's latest collective bargaining agreement.

"We can both disappoint each other in this agreement," Jones said. "But this is no free lunch to the Dallas Cowboys. We made a commitment to him. That means something."

Agent Drew Rosenhaus said several other teams were interested, "but this was the only team for Terrell."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: T.O A Cowboy

Too bad for the Cowboys. They were close to making it to the superbowl. No more!
    RamsFan16

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Its funny how all the Disrespecting the Star thing is all forgotten,wonder how he will be recieved by Roy Williams,Roy has said some bad things about him and he laid him out when he tried to do the star thing a second time

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

I was so gladdened by the news I was almost tempted to insert a smiley!

Perfect!!!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

too bad drew bledsoe is gonna be one year too old!!!!!!!! he is going to show his age this year with the cowboys...in comes drew henson and tony romo

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    Its funny how all the Disrespecting the Star thing is all forgotten,wonder how he will be recieved by Roy Williams,Roy has said some bad things about him and he laid him out when he tried to do the star thing a second time
    It wasn't Roy Williams that laid T.O. out when he went to the star, its was someone else, but i forgot his name. The star think happened a season before roy was in the NFL.

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by realchamp11
    It wasn't Roy Williams that laid T.O. out when he went to the star, its was someone else, but i forgot his name. The star think happened a season before roy was in the NFL.
    Oh right,it could have been dion,I know Roy does not like him onebit though,should be interesting to see how it turns out

Rambos is offline Registered User

Cowboys | Team surprised to hear about Owens' book
    Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:36:51 -0800

Randy Galloway, of the Star-Telegram, reports the Dallas Cowboys were surprised to hear about WR Terrell Owens' new book. The book will be released in July, just in time for the opening of training camp.

Already? You mean to tell me T.O did not tell the Cowgirls he has a tell all book deal.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

TO is such an idiot. If he doesn't know that he caused everything in Philly he is one heck of a moron.
    RamsFan16

archholt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by realchamp11

It was Terrell Buckley. I was on the Cowboys site and fans said it was the only good play in his career there.

fred10licious is offline Registered User

one of my fav moments in NFL history is Emmit slamming that ball down on the star after the TO thing. and that hit by buckley is one reason he keeps finding work. he from what ive heard has great charater. so says the FINS and PATS