View Poll Results: Is Terrell Owens (and others like him) good for the game?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • T.O. helps the NFL

8 34.78%
  • T.O. hurts the game

15 65.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chiledog Guest

Is T.O. good for football?

Do you believe Terrell Owens (and others like him) are good for the NFL, or give pro football a bad name?

psycho9985 Guest

Re: Is T.O. good for football?

What team would have put up with his s... Before the cap era.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Love him or hate him, he's an object of comment, and ulitimately harmless outside of the team he plays for.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Regardless of what he is for football, he's bad for hip hop. Anyone hear that rap? Good lord!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 Guest

No he is not good for the NFL. He is way to cocky and greedy and some little kids who may become NFL Players look at him as an idol and say I want to be like him and could grab his attitude. The NFL needs to be filled with Marshall Faulks, Torry Holts, Isaac Bruces. Players that are great for the NFL with great attitudes and are team players.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

We need players like T.O. so we can point our fingers at him and say "look, there's the bad guy".LOL

realchamp11 Guest

T.O. is not good for the NFL. But from a marketing point he is good b/c when he is in the news about stuff he did it gets people who normally dont watch fball to watch to see waat all the talk is about. And also he as one of the top sellin jeserys in the league

:1:

psycho9985 Guest

He needs to go away.His penchant for getting the cash he wants,and then claim its not enough will just inspire more players with attitude to follow his lead.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

TO is talented. There is no questioning that. He is just not a team player at all.

Football is a team sport and the coaches deal with non-team player types all the time. He is just more visable and vocal than most. I think he is good for football, because he is providing a good example of what a player should not do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

T.O. is to football what the bearded lady is to the circus..........a sad, pathetic existence that the public will pay money to stare at.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    T.O. is to football what the bearded lady is to the circus..........a sad, pathetic existence that the public will pay money to stare at.
    Exactly!

TO is Paris Hilton, and Eminem, and Jennifer Lopez, and Ashlee Simpson, and American Idol, and many other examples of the style-over-substance, push-the-envelope to get attention, get the publicity, make the money, mentality that makes me want to move to a cave on the Northern Coast of Maine and become a hermit.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    .... of the style-over-substance, push-the-envelope to get attention, get the publicity, make the money, mentality that makes me want to move to a cave on the Northern Coast of Maine and become a hermit.
    I have a hard time picturing the sunshine state, warm blooded, AvengerRam sitting in a dark, chilly cave in Maine.... all though I must admit you look very cute as a hermit crab.
    LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I love Maine...

in the Summertime.

I like Maine too. It's very primative and beautiful. Summertime is the time to be there.

And they have a Ram Island....you gotta feel at home with a ram island floating around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Exactly!

TO is Paris Hilton, and Eminem, and Jennifer Lopez, and Ashlee Simpson, and American Idol, and many other examples of the style-over-substance, push-the-envelope to get attention, get the publicity, make the money, mentality that makes me want to move to a cave on the Northern Coast of Maine and become a hermit.

The only difference between them and the 'maligned' TO is that he actually does something other than merely be famous. He is not famous for being famous, he's famous for being a damn good WR, who happens also to be a controversial, polarising, bad team player with a big mouth and a strange attitude to cash.

It takes all sorts to spin this llittle world of ours. Vive le difference!

As as hermitage is concerned, I always think a little contemplation of one's sins is a good thing. Providing of course, that we are aware we have any...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast