RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Which team do you want to win the Superbowl this year?

Alright, so we're down to 4 teams now, which team are you hoping will win it all now that the Rams are long gone from contention? Me I'm definitely on board the Saints bandwagon, and here's why and how I view the remaining teams:

Saints
    I hope they win it all this year. I'm very impressed with Sean Payton, I virtually didn't know anything about him until this year and he's done a fantastic job. Reggie Bush reminds me of Tomlinson and Faulk, that sort of player has always been a favorite of mine and Drew Brees is a great QB too. They've improved a lot (especially the juiced up offense) and made all the right moves in FA and draft, out of the remaining teams they deserve to win the Superbowl I think.

Bears
    Boring team in my opinion, I like watching Urlacher play smashmouth football but other than that I can't say I'm excited to see them play (of course Hester is the exception, but he's not on the field all that much...). Rex who? Boring offense and solid defense. I have no particular dislike for the Bears franchise but this team to me is just bland and dull.

Colts
    I'm really starting to dislike the Colts more and more, I never liked Tony Dungy I think he's a moron. Peyton Manning, what can I say, he's a fantastic QB but I'm getting pretty tired of his antics, his constant screaming and waving his arms around. And the whole strategy of snapping the ball within 2 seconds to either catch the defense with more than 11 guys on the field or make sure they can't substitute or get into the alignments, boy is that getting old! To me that is unsportsmanlike, in my opinion football wasn't meant to be played that way, of course there is nothing wrong with a little no huddle, especially if you're falling behind, but to constantly prevent the defense from substituting and aligning sounds more like a cheeser playing Madden than the NFL to me. And of course Peyton's lobbying with the referees doesn't earn him any points with me either, just play the game instead.

Patriots
    What can I say, there's no team in the NFL that I hate more, it goes without saying that I hated seeing them beat the Chargers and now all I'm hoping for is someone, anyone, sending these assholes back home on the couch to watch the rest of the playoffs, I'll even cheer for the Colts when they play this bunch.

I was sad to see the Chargers eliminated, and with the remaining options there is no doubt I'm with the Saints now, may they go all the way! So what teams are the rest of the Clan rooting for to win it all? Or have you lost interest in football when the Rams were eliminated?
    Last edited by RamOfDenmark; -01-17-2007 at 07:11 PM.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Re: Which team do you want to win the Superbowl this year?

Saints,
    Its hard for my to say this due to the fact that the Saints and the Rams used to get in dogfights twice a year and there was genuine dislike between the two teams, but you gotta route for a football team representing a city that is largely in ruins.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

I'd be okay with either the Saints or the Bears.

1. We are NFC fans here.

2. The Bears stand for the best of the NFL tradition. The Saints have never had an opportunity for the big one. I will pull for the Saints.

3. If the Saints get in, that will mean that EVERY NFC team will have been in the Super Bowl EXCEPT the Lions and Cardinals. Every AFC team has been in except for the expansion version of the Browns and the expansion Houston Texans.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm in favor of the Saints. I like to root for the underdog, but I've also liked Brees for several years now, too. I don't remember how many players left after last year, but it was a lot. And lo and behold the ones that stayed are having a year to remember.

If not them, I'd like to see the Colts win. The Colts are getting kind of stale after being so high profile for the last few years, and this wasn't their best year, but I do like Manning. Personally, I don't see their no huddle as cheap or anything like that. It keeps the tempo up, and it only takes away the defense's ability to substitute as long as the offense isn't bringing out any new personnel either. I remember a Colts/Ravens game a few years back that was absolutely intriguing because of all the calls being made at the line on both sides.

The only team I don't want to see win another Super Bowl is the Patriots. The last time they won, I really felt like they had played outstanding football and earned the right to be called the Champions, but the years before that I felt like they didn't really deserve their wins. The repeated muggings of Marcus Pollard in the AFC Championship Game and Marshall Faulk in the Super Bowl the year before cheapen this whole Patriots dynasty thing for me.

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyhater View Post
    I'd be okay with either the Saints or the Bears.

3.if the Saints get in, that will mean that EVERY NFC team will have been in the Super Bowl EXCEPT the Lions and Cardinals. Every AFC team has been in except for the expansion version of the Browns and the expansion Houston Texans.
    not to be too picky but the Jags need to be added to that AFC list!

Drew is offline Registered User

Ernie Conwall,Brian Young (2 players totally underated when with us and both players weve struggled to replace IMHO!) the underdog and Hurricane Katrina 4 good reasons why ITS GOTTA BE THE SAINTS!!!

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

I like the Saints style on offense,some dangerous players there Brees,McAllister,Bush,Colston and Horn..There fun to watch unlike the machine-like Patriots... Anyone but them would do for me..:l

Rams99 is offline Registered User

not the patriots.........

RealRam is offline Registered User

Would like to see the Aints defeat the Colts in a good game and give N. Orleans a grand time to be merry. Go for it.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I agree...anyone but the patriots is fine with me. My wish is that the Colts would destroy them by 30 or more points this Sunday and Freeny breaking at least one Brady's limbs.