• 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Tebow to Speak at Anti-Semitic/Homophobic Pastor's Church

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Tebow to Speak at Anti-Semitic/Homophobic Pastor's Church

• POST STAFF REPORT
    • Last Updated: 4:53 PM, February 17, 2013
    • Posted: 4:03 PM, February 17, 2013
    • Jets Blog

Tim Tebow has booked a speaking engagement at a Texas church run by an infamous anti-gay, anti-Semitic pastor, according to the Daily Mail.
    The Jets reserve quarterback will talk at First Baptist Dallas Church on April 28. Rev. Robert Jeffress, the church paster, has said that “70 percent of the gay population” has AIDS and that Island, Judaism and Mormonism are religions that come from “the pit of hell.”
    Tebow’s message to the church’s 11,000 members has not been released. He’ll be speaking at two services that Sunday morning. In the past, the devout Christian and son of missionaries has been quiet about his views on gay marriage.

Tebow speaking at churches is common. He talked at Arizona’s Impact Church in Scottsdale on Feb. 3 and spoke in front of 30,000 at the Celebration Church in Georgetown, Texas. Tebow has trademarked his “Tebowing” celebration, which is him demonstrably getting on one knee with his head bowed in prayer.
    Jeffress, meanwhile, has come under fire for his hateful comments.
    “There are a disproportionate amount of assaults against children by homosexuals than by heterosexuals, you can’t deny that,” he said in July.
    In November, he told his congregation that President Obama’s re-election was “paving the way for the future reign of the Antichrist.” Jeffress did say he will be changing the way he speaks about homosexuals from the pulpit – he’ll no longer single it out for special condemnation.
    “It would be the height of hypocrisy to condemn homosexuality and not adultery or unbiblical divorce,” Jeffress said.
    Jeffress said that he is now open to the possibility that sexual orientation is something that you are born with and it cannot be cured. He does still feel, though, that homosexual acts are sinful and he still plans on talking about that with churchgoers.
    “We cannot pick and choose what parts of God's word we are called to share,” Jeffress said. “God gave it to us, not to hurt people, but to help people.”
    I'm going to presume that Tebow does not share this Pastor's views. Rather, I think he just craves attention, and this is a big forum for him to speak at. Still, to me this shows extremely poor judgment.

Reason #328 why I'm glad he's not on the Rams.
    ZiaRam and citr92 like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Tebow to Speak at Anti-Semitic/Homophobic Pastor's Church

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    [h=1]

come on he could run the pistol option for us! LOl!!

Amen to reason #328

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    [h=1]
    Tim Tebow has booked a speaking engagement at a Texas church run by an infamous anti-gay, anti-Semitic pastor, according to the Daily Mail.
    The Jets reserve quarterback will talk at First Baptist Dallas Church on April 28. Rev. Robert Jeffress, the church paster, has said that “70 percent of the gay population” has AIDS and that Island, Judaism and Mormonism are religions that come from “the pit of hell.”
    Tebow’s message to the church’s 11,000 members has not been released. He’ll be speaking at two services that Sunday morning. In the past, the devout Christian and son of missionaries has been quiet about his views on gay marriage.
    I'm going to presume that Tebow does not share this Pastor's views. Rather, I think he just craves attention, and this is a big forum for him to speak at. Still, to me this shows extremely poor judgment.

I'd like to see the reference to where Pastor Jeffress refers to Judaism being from the pit of hell. I have done a quick search, and I see his comments about Mormonism and Islam (not island), but I don't see any about Judaism. As a God fearing Christian, I believe that about any religion that doesn't worship YAHWEH and his Unique Son, Jesus Christ. IMO, any religion that puts any other condition on eternal life is false. Judaism is the worship of YAHWEH before His Son became flesh, and also became the perfect sacrifice for all mankind. It is not from the pit of hell, but does fall short of God's plan for all mankind.

Back on the topic of Tebow... I will not pass judgement on him; especially before he speaks to the church. He might have a message that God has placed on his heart to edify that congregation.

gap

I'm starting to regret posting this.

Last edited by AvengerRam; -02-20-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    DE_Ramfan likes this.

Tebow has cancelled his appearance.

Smart move.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

On an unrelated anti-Tebow topic, for some reason nobody gave him **** for refusing to enter the game to run the wild cat last season. If this was any other player in the league then people would've been all over him for being selfish and disrespecting his coach and the team like that but because he is a "great guy" he gets a pass. It will be nice with him out of the NFL next season.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    On an unrelated anti-Tebow topic, for some reason nobody gave him **** for refusing to enter the game to run the wild cat last season. If this was any other player in the league then people would've been all over him for being selfish and disrespecting his coach and the team like that but because he is a "great guy" he gets a pass. It will be nice with him out of the NFL next season.
    You kidding me? I love them talking 5 months straight in the offseason about Tebow...