Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Is there a QB controversy in Arizona?

Kurt Warner: Three starts, three losses, one offensive touchdown.

Josh McCown: One start, one win, two offensive touchdowns.

Not again! Any comments from the Green machine on this?

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Is there a QB controversy in Arizona?

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Kurt Warner: Three starts, three losses, one offensive touchdown.

Josh McCown: One start, one win, two offensive touchdowns.

Not again! Any comments from the Green machine on this?
    I too would be interested in what Cardinal fans have to say. I stood in Sun Devil Stadium with a throng of Cardinal fanatics who were none too happy with Warner throughout most of the game. Of course, that changed on the last drive of the game. In a comical moment, one guy actually pointed at Warner after he got them to the goal line and screamed in my face "Who's your daddy"!! He soon regretted that.

IMO, Green stays with Warner because of experience and the ability to do what he did on that last drive against the Rams.

moklerman Guest

Could we please ask this question next week after the Carolina game? McCown had the game of his life against a poor defense with a lot of injuries.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I don't know it's as much as a controversy yet as it appears that KW seems jinxed. He has to run for his life because blocking breaks down, gets injured largely in part because of poor blocking and then watches as an understudy lights it up despite the bad lines.

I'd check to see if his 1st contract to get out of stock clerking was signed in blood and if it was maybe he can get beezlebub to hold off collecting on his soul until after beezlebub has finished moving the ocean from one side of the rowboat to the other with a teaspoon ...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Actually, and this is really no knock on Warner, I think this team responds better to McCown than Warner due to the fact McCown is younger and gives that youthful energy needed for a young team. Also, he's much more mobile which gives him more time to throw than Warner.

You know where Warner would have been a perfect fit? Laugh if you want, but Oakland would be a perfect fit for Warner.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

You know where Warner would have been a perfect fit? Laugh if you want, but Oakland would be a perfect fit for Warner.
    Wow! That would be quite the mission field for that particular missionary.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Think about it.

1. One of the best O lines in the league.
    2. Deep threats with Moss and Porter
    3. Running game with Jordon
    4, Need a QB that stays in the pocket and lets the burners get to a position on the field before throwing the ball.

If these things don't fit KW going to Oakland after Collins tanks another year and the Cardinals let Warner go and resign McCown I don't know what other fit is better.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Oh, I agree, it would be a great fit. It's just the mental image of Warner playing for the cast of "Longest Yard" that cracks me up.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

morgetha is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Think about it.

1. One of the best O lines in the league.
    2. Deep threats with Moss and Porter
    3. Running game with Jordon
    4, Need a QB that stays in the pocket and lets the burners get to a position on the field before throwing the ball.

If these things don't fit KW going to Oakland after Collins tanks another year and the Cardinals let Warner go and resign McCown I don't know what other fit is better.
    I can think of one place: Baltimore

Think about it, their QB sucks whether is Boller or Wright. They have Jamal Lewis on the back and Derrick Mason on the wide right, plus Todd Heap. Their weapon may be lesser, but at least Kurt would fullfill their lacks of QB depth.

Anyway, Oakland Raiders would have been sweet I can imagine #13 in silver & black uniform. But isn't Norv Turner a friend of Martz?
    The Greatest Show on Turf

! Best offense ever !