BradBigglestein is offline Registered User

Thoughts on Curtis?

Eagles fan here. The Eagles are in the running to get Curtis and I want to know how you think he would fit here if he were to sign. Could be be a "co-number 1" receiver with Reggie Brown sort of like Stallworth was last year? Is he ready to break out of his #3 role and become a full-time starter?

From what I've seen of Curtis I can gather that he has good hands, is tough, and is fast. Anything else you guys could tell me about him?

Thanks

good luck in 07

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Thoughts on Curtis?

Welcome to the board, Brad. Curtis, in my opinion, is ready to be a starter. In 2005 when Isaac Bruce missed some games with injury, Curtis filled in quite well and was able to take advantage with a couple very solid games. That being said, he also for the most part had Torry Holt working on the other side of him during that span. Will he get as favorable of coverage as an Eagle with Reggie Brown on the other side? I'm not so sure. That being said, I think Curtis is certainly a solid #2 who can stretch the field much like what Stallworth did for Philly last year.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Until we drafted Tye Hill, Curtis was said to be the fastest guy on the team. He has performed admirably for us. I think he's ready to be a starter. He took some time off before joining the NFL so he could go on a Mormon mission, so even though he's a little bit older than most players are when they finish their first NFL contract, his body hasn't taken as many hits as many would have by this point in their careers. My only major concern would be how much his game will be affected when he does start to lose his speed. He'll be 29 at the start of the season, so that issue might come up within the next couple of years.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BradBigglestein View Post
    Eagles fan here. The Eagles are in the running to get Curtis and I want to know how you think he would fit here if he were to sign. Could be be a "co-number 1" receiver with Reggie Brown sort of like Stallworth was last year? Is he ready to break out of his #3 role and become a full-time starter?

From what I've seen of Curtis I can gather that he has good hands, is tough, and is fast. Anything else you guys could tell me about him?

Thanks

good luck in 07
    You have it right, good hands, tough and fast. For your info I heard today on Sirius Satellite NFL Talk (moving the chains?) Lions, Vikings , Giants, Eagles and also the Titans are in the running for his services. Word is that Curtis wants to play in a warm climate but also for a contender.

Good Luck

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    You have it right, good hands, tough and fast. For your info I heard today on Sirius Satellite NFL Talk (moving the chains?) Lions, Vikings , Giants, Eagles and also the Titans are in the running for his services. Word is that Curtis wants to play in a warm climate but also for a contender.

Good Luck
    If he wants to play for a contender that rules the dismal Lions out,but at the end of the day $$$$ talks..:l

RamWraith is offline Registered User

My opinon differs from most. This kid has great attitude his hands and speed are great, but he is no #1 or #2 wideout. I do not think he will stay healthy. He is a high risk player with one speed, his lack of size will do him in. His future will be much like Az Hakim's was.

BradBigglestein is offline Registered User

Well the Eagles have signed Curtis after all. Any final thoughts? 6 year deal.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I think you got him cheap and I think you will like him. He is a quality player and he is ready to get a lot more playing time. I hope he works out for your offense.

Where does he rank amoung the receivers in your opinion BradBigglestein?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]