Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tim Tebow

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Tim Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    We've never seen anything like this before.

Oh... wait....

Except for Vince Young, who went 30-17 as the Titans' starting QB despite his poor passing skills. Remind me... where is he now?

Or, how about the Miami Dolphins Wildcat Offense, which helped the Dolphins win their division a few years back. Remind me... where is that offense and where are the Dolphins now?

Tebow fans should enjoy this while they can. It won't last.
    Please don't ever compare the immature Vince Young who goes to a nightclub and punches someone in the face. Then goes on a suicide mission. And last but not least, throws his pads into the stands.

Tebow is a leader. The team follows him, and believes in him. Emotionally there a completely different team then they were last year. Every player in that organization believes in him, hands down.

And dont try that "points per game defensive crap". The Rams have held opponents to 12, 19, and 17. Bradford could only escape with 1 win.

Tebow this season : 4-1. Bradford : 1-7. 'Nuff said.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Well, he brings it in the last five minutes of games, which has worked so far. His passing is still atrocious and I'm not sure how much longer he's going to be able to rely on just his legs. I'll be watching to find out.

I'm rooting for him just to shut up smug, egotistical moron Bill Maher. He's already taken care of another idiot, Rex Ryan, who was left shaking his head and muttering to himself on the sideline after Tebow scored. That was absolutely priceless.
    I do not think that Tebow has "legs" to sustain this incredible journey but in a dreary football season whereby my team has pretty much stunk up the field and the hated Whiners are toast of NFL, Tebow has brought a level of interest for me that is appreciated.
    Watched alot of football in my life and I have never, never seen a QB go 2-8 (whole game) and get a W. Then the Jets deal. 95 yard drive with game on the line. Unbelievable!

Enjoy while it lasts. 4-1 as starter.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Please don't ever compare the immature Vince Young who goes to a nightclub and punches someone in the face. Then goes on a suicide mission. And last but not least, throws his pads into the stands.
    He also has a better arm than Tebow. If Tim tried to throw his pads into the stands, they would probably land on the field somewhere.

Tebow is a leader. The team follows him, and believes in him. Emotionally there a completely different team then they were last year. Every player in that organization believes in him, hands down.
    Right. That's why, as soon as Brandon Lloyd was gone, he said that he does not view Tebow is the long term solution in Denver.

And dont try that "points per game defensive crap". The Rams have held opponents to 12, 19, and 17. Bradford could only escape with 1 win.
    So you think Tebow is better than Bradford? Seriously?

Tebow this season : 4-1. Bradford : 1-7. 'Nuff said.
    Nope. Not "nuff" said. Apples and oranges, really. Again, if you'd rather have Tebow than Bradford, you've clearly allowed the hype to warp your brain.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I have to admit, it's been fun to watch Tebow dig up a win from somewhere in the final minutes of these games, rather exciting stuff simply from a football standpoint.

But the more he wins, the further down the draft order Denver goes and further away they may go from a top quarterback prospect. This has all the makings of a short term experiment at best, because any team that depends so heavily on an unbalanced offense is going to eventually be forced into using something else. And I don't think Tebow is going to be able to, say, throw the ball well enough to lead a 14-point comeback against the Steelers. Just a hypothetical.

The Broncos are entering into a tricky situation. If Tebow wins, the fans will call for him. Imagine if the Broncos draft a QB in round one or two next year, and that kid starts the season 0-3 or 0-4. The chants for Tebow will be outrageous, even if over the long term, the younger more fundamentally polished quarterback gives them the best chance for success.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Only one right answer right now to this:

Time.

We haven't seen this in the NFL in a long, long time, and really have no idea how long it can last. I truly believe Tebow has the work ethic and determination to improve his mechanics if that was demanded of him, maybe that is what will happen this offseason (I think Tebow was one of several players most hurt by the lockout and did not get a chance to really improve his throwing this offseason with the coaching staff), but until then I'm very interested in seeing how long they can make that offense last. Common, they even had Ryan clueless on the sideline Thursday night, all he could do was shake his head.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    He also has a better arm than Tebow. If Tim tried to throw his pads into the stands, they would probably land on the field somewhere.

Right. That's why, as soon as Brandon Lloyd was gone, he said that he does not view Tebow is the long term solution in Denver.

So you think Tebow is better than Bradford? Seriously?

Nope. Not "nuff" said. Apples and oranges, really. Again, if you'd rather have Tebow than Bradford, you've clearly allowed the hype to warp your brain.
    1) What does Young's arm have to do with Tebow? Thats irrelevant.

2) Who cares what Lloyd has to say? Theres a reason hes a player, and not a GM/Coach. So if I were to say Matt Leinart is the best QB drafted in the past 10 years, would you believe me?

3) No I dont think Tebow is a better QB than Bradford.

4) Apples and oranges? No. The NFL is all about the records. Tebows 4-1 and Bradford 1-7. I dont care if Bradford can launch the ball 600 yards into the air. If he cant win, and only scored 5 TD's in 10 games, he isn't doing his job. Tebow is passing the ball to Demariyus Injured Thomas, Eric Decker, and Eddie "Avery" Royal. Theres no reason why Bradford is only averaging 9 points per game with weapons like Lloyd, DX, Kendricks, and even SJAX.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I'm not discussing Sam on this thread either, no matter how monumentally stupid arguments you or anyone else makes.

This thread is about Tebow, not Sam.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Denver is going to draft a QB and Nick brings up a good point every wins drops them back in the draft. That has to be killing Elway. The other problem is the style of offense that Tebow is running. Only he can run that, how are they going to bring in a rookie and make any kind of transition from Tebow to the rookie unless they do that in camp and then the fans will destroy the rookie. It's a no win situation for the GM.

I also like watching the last 5 mins its been great to see the kid take over the game. How good could he be IF he could throw and I'm not ripping him. If he had an accurate arm he would be scary. Denver should draft a QB but they really should try and work on his passing to see if they can develop it.

I bet SJax could run the offense in Denver he could go 2 of 8 and pound it out lol...
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-24-2011 at 11:03 AM.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

If they could develop his passing game he would be a pretty damn good qb.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I tell you what, this Tebow is becoming entertaining. What a gamer.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Wow, the magic continues. Tebow played lights out at the end of a game once again and helped the Broncos pull out an absolute miracle OT win over the Bears. He did get some divine intervention in the way of a Marion Barber brain freeze to keep the Broncos chances alive and a subsequent fumble to set up the winning FG. I'm still a bit stunned.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Wow, the magic continues. Tebow played lights out at the end of a game once again and helped the Broncos pull out an absolute miracle OT win over the Bears. He did get some divine intervention in the way of a Marion Barber brain freeze to keep the Broncos chances alive and a subsequent fumble to set up the winning FG. I'm still a bit stunned.
    He did get some divine intervention There is something going on there that's for sure. The game was over really it was.

Trevor is offline Registered User

I watched the game and I was absolutely stunned. It is like god is standing by him. Its unbelievable what is going on with Denver. The fans are unreal as well.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Tebow wasn't too shabby yesterday v New England. I know his wind up is a bit like a tennis shot, but his arm strength and accuracy, is pretty decent at times. He has definitely made a believer out of me this season.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-05-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    He has definitely made a believer out of me this season.
    ... and he LOVES believers.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast