Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tim Tebow

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Tim Tebow

I like the way that the only game where Tebow has played well in the first quarter, the Broncos lose :P

MelloStang is offline Registered User

Tebow is not a great QB by any stretch and I feel bad for Elway , he knows what he needs to get in the position to win and he knows he is stuck with this guy. The D is actually what is helping them win and they had winning streaks with Orton, and Greise, and Plummer and they all are forgotten by the fans. I wonder if the religious reicht is whats at play here more than anything. He played 2 decent qb's a s astarter and lost to both and had a win streak in the middle against average teams. The Jets are not last years Jets and they put up a prevent D in the end and Tebow ran like a high school kid in it.The Bears lost that game more than Denver won it , Marion Barber stepped out of bounds and stopped the clock then fumbled in O.T. in field goal range. Thosetwo things dont happen and we stopped talking about this clown before the Pats game. I watched the Pats game and said to my wife -If they get their containment straight this game is over , they did and it was. Any good team will do it to the Broncos and they are not equipped to play catch up. They lost Mcgahee and Tebow had to start throwing, I want to see what happens when he gets his first leg injury, Cunnigham, Culpepper, and Vick never were the same after they did. He has trouble reading the D , he has trouble with any sort of touch on the ball , and he has a throwing motion that starts at his damn knee.Just awful, he may be a nice guy but Im glad he isn't a Ram and they are 2 wins in lol.
    Last edited by MelloStang; -12-23-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MelloStang View Post
    Tebow is not a great QB by any stretch and I feel bad for Elway , he knows what he needs to get in the position to win and he knows he is stuck with this guy. The D is actually what is helping them win and they had winning streaks with Orton, and Greise, and Plummer and they all are forgotten by the fans. I wonder if the religious reicht is whats at play here more than anything. He played 2 decent qb's a s astarter and lost to both and had a win streak in the middle against average teams. The Jets are not last years Jets and they put up a prevent D in the end and Tebow ran like a high school kid in it.The Bears lost that game more than Denver won it , Marion Barber stepped out of bounds and stopped the clock then fumbled in O.T. in field goal range. Thosetwo things dont happen and we stopped talking about this clown before the Pats game. I watched the Pats game and said to my wife -If they get their containment straight this game is over , they did and it was. Any good team will do it to the Broncos and they are not equipped to play catch up. They lost Mcgahee and Tebow had to start throwing, I want to see what happens when he gets his first leg injury, Cunnigham, Culpepper, and Vick never were the same after they did. He has trouble reading the D , he has trouble with any sort of touch on the ball , and he has a throwing motion that starts at his damn knee.Just awful, he may be a nice guy but Im glad he isn't a Ram and they are 2 wins in lol.

If you read what I said after two games I thought he could not play QB in the NFL period. But what has done over the stretch of games besides winning a lot of games he has gotten better. He's really just a rookie getting his feet wet. With Tebow he is just as hard to prepare for as Vick and Cam, He can beat you with his legs and he can beat you with his arm. Yeah I said it he arm, because he has done it. He will never be Elway or Mario, throwing balls from the pocket with a quick release and beating the blitz ect.

From what I have seen he is getting better, he is a strong running QB, the players want to play hard from him. He protects the ball and does not turn it over. He has the it factor, sells tickets.

What he does not have, is a true number one receiver, a quick release, the most accurate arm, throws the pretties ball...

I think he's done more then enough to try and make a run with him. Spend draft picks and build on the defense. Get him a decent number one receiver.

All I know is I will be watching and pulling for him....

Did you watch him today? Buffalo did what the pats did last week and used contain Tebow had to pass and that 4Th quarter was god awful. If he is so clutch in the 4th then he found his kryptonite this week. I wouldnt be shocked if they lose next week and miss the playoffs, he has been figured out for defensive schemes he better start reading the D and throwing or Elways job will be easier. And he has a first round pick receiver from georgia tech that played in a college option offense, that he doesnt have a number one reciever is b/s alot of teams don't have playmakers but win with what they have.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

One of the worst QB performances Ive seen in a long time, against the Chiefs yesterday. Luckily for Tebow, being tied to the man upstairs, does have its benefits. He wins when he loses.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-05-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Last Sunday the magic was gone... no energy was coming from Tebow the QB that just wins games... seemed out of gas. Right when I thought he was showing signs he can throw the ball he has the worst game I have ever seen. So will he find the magic in the playoffs?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

In the final three weeks of the season, Tebow was 30-73 (41.1%), 439 yards, 1 TD and 4 Ints. (Passer Rating: 43.1).

I think its time for the national media to stop pretending that this guy is a viable long-term starting NFL QB.

macrammer is offline Registered User

He sure made a big splash in a short time. Elway is in a tough spot now........Becuase i like the kid, can't help but root for him to do well though.

The magic isn't wearing off, the defensive coordinators are playing in a containment man to man , he can't run like a school boy in the yard now and man to man he has no accuracy to beat anyone. It will continue and this week will be a quick exit for a team that got backed into the playoffs. I was on another board full of tebow supprters who continued all season saying I was a moron and an idiot and Tebow was the man, The last 3 weeks awful quiet over there. Tebow is not going to develop he regressed his throwing motion, still can't throw accuratly or with much touch and cannot read a defense. If he has to look through his progressions he gets sacked , some things you cannot unlearn and maybe he can get the college coach he had to send in some plays with the receiver he needs to throw to right away. otherwise this season will be his career year and next year he will start 4 games tops before getting benched.

What I have seen the last three weeks from Tebow is a football player that has lost his swagger. Believing that he can get it done is a big part of Tebow's game. That has carried over to the whole team. but lately he has looked like a beaten man. My take is he is starting to think he can't make those throws, and why should he his GM and coach have not helped.... I think he does throw a nice deep ball, stop laughing but I do... It's the routes that are timing routes throwing to a spot where your receiver is going to be , is where he looks really bad.

I will be pulling for him throughout the playoffs hope he can regain the magic...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

What I have seen the last three weeks from Tebow is a football player that has lost his swagger.
    I would think for a young QB the mental part of the game is huge, as you said.

I also think there's now enough film out there on the Broncos college offense that DC's have found holes and are plugging them. That's the thing about NFL offenses, they have to adapt and evolve. Also, for some reason, the Bronco defense has down-shifted a couple of gears; not sure why exactly.

Roll all that together, and the Broncos aren't the team they were a month ago.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Tebow-mania is BACK!!! What a game!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

And the legend continues to build, much to the chagrin of many I'm sure, including Bill Maher, who is no doubt somewhere on his knees begging for redemption.

I'm actually enjoying the ride, although it'll take a true miracle next week to keep it going.

I really enjoyed this game!!!

It's kind of like watching Lost you just don't know what's gonna happen next! But it's must see TV.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Tebow is probably the anti-Christ.

But in all seriousness, I'll be rooting for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl if they beat the Pats.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast