Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tim Tebow

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Tim Tebow

Wow! This is why I don't bet on anything.........cause I would have lost my bootachamus on this one!

Now, I'm really hoping for a Broncos-Ravens AFC championship after everything Suggs had to say.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is offline Registered User

Wow! Fantastic finish vs Steelers today. Tebow may not have big QB numbers during games but his results are for now, HUGE.

[Granted there was an absolutely absurd "roughing the passer" call against Pittsburgh that kept a Broncos drive alive ending in a FG. ]

Seems to me that the Broncos offense may be for real. However, their 2011 jubilation should come to an end vs. NE.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Tebow only completed 10 passes. But of those, 5 went for 30 yards or more!
    He had completions of 51, 30, 58, 6, 40, 13, 6, 15, 17 and 80

Tell you what though, Demaryius Thomas finally looks like the deep threat Josh McDaniels was expecting with that first round pick!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Wow! Fantastic finish vs Steelers today. Tebow may not have big QB numbers during games but his results are for now, HUGE.

[Granted there was an absolutely absurd "roughing the passer" call against Pittsburgh that kept a Broncos drive alive ending in a FG. ]

Seems to me that the Broncos offense may be for real. However, their 2011 jubilation should come to an end vs. NE.
    But there was a body slam roughing that wasn't called earlier, and two facemaks penalties that weren't call. Don't even get me started on the "blown dead fumble recovery" at the 18 yard line.

As much as I am glad the the stealers didn't win (mostly due to the unbalanced officiating), I really believe PIT had a better chance of taking out the cheatriots.

gap

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    But there was a body slam roughing that wasn't called earlier, and two facemaks penalties that weren't call. Don't even get me started on the "blown dead fumble recovery" at the 18 yard line.
    Yeah, the officiating was horrible. The Broncos had two opponents and had to work twice as hard for that win.

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    As much as I am glad the the stealers didn't win (mostly due to the unbalanced officiating), I really believe PIT had a better chance of taking out the cheatriots.
    But just think how much more enjoyable it would be seeing the Broncos beat them.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Yeah, the officiating was horrible. The Broncos had two opponents and had to work twice as hard for that win.

But just think how much more enjoyable it would be seeing the Broncos beat them.
    That would be SWEET!!

A couple of things I thought about today.
    Originally Posted by RealRam

I thought more about this today. I do remember a roughing call that initially looked weak, but replays showed that the DL gave an unnecessary shove after the contact that was unavoidable. If it would only have been the contact, I fully agree with absurd. But since the DL felt the need to add a shove to the end, roughing is the correct call. As RAMS fans we are so used to seeing our QBs take that hit that we don't realize it is actually a penalty.

Another thing I have been thinking about. How hard would it be to scan NE's stadium for hidden recording equipment. I would definitely be worried about that if I was on the Denver coaching staff. I would probably demand that heavy plastic tarps be hung from the rafters to the facia of the first row, and all at the cheatriot's cost.

gap

Rambos is offline Registered User

It's game day and I have to say I'm really looking forward to some Tebow Time. They did play the Pats well the first time they meet, before the turn overs. I will be speechless if they find a way to win this game. Gonna be some good times!

MelloStang is offline Registered User

The game went how i figured it would, out here in Patriot land no one was afraid or even nervous, a few buds said when the kickoff started at my house, "well I was nervous but they got it the games over" it was funny they didn't sweat Tebow , and after the Pats kicked his butt in Denver he should have came with an answer but the only score they had by touchdown was when they were given a short field. Tebow is not a good QB like his fans insist he is and he played a defense that stayed in containment and brought pressure, they couldnt run like they wanted and had a record for most plays for lost yardage in a game, not what you want to set a record for in the playoffs. I hope this shuts up ESPN and the fans of his who shove his play down my throat. Brady won 3 out of 4 superbowls and sets records and all week I have to see tebow vs brady....really? did they think these two had anything besides the position they play in common? Brady punted on 3rd down so they wouldnt run up the score and the Broncos got chippy? lack of class. I wanted the Pats to get the ball one more time and ram it down their throats for that classless act. Tebow will have an entire offseason and training camp now, and next year will be the same guy, he is in his second year I think his lambs forget that it wasn't his first round on the carousel. He didn't start last year because Mcdaniels who drafted him didnt see it. And one more year is just going to make Denver one more year behind, the defense in Denver is getting older and the running game is all they have.
    Last edited by MelloStang; -01-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234