Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tim Tebow is so Disrespectful

bigtiger737 Guest

Re: Tim Tebow is so Disrespectful

i'm sure everyone in here.. has done sooooo much more for people and foundations then tebow..... You all should know something about respect before you talk about it... Tebow bends over backwards for his community... and you disrespect good people complaining about him.. and unless you spend as much time trying to make the world.. you should keep your type in something that's isn't a waste of time and brain cells ....
    Major30 likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    i'm sure everyone in here.. has done sooooo much more for people and foundations then tebow..... You all should know something about respect before you talk about it... Tebow bends over backwards for his community... and you disrespect good people complaining about him.. and unless you spend as much time trying to make the world.. you should keep your type in something that's isn't a waste of time and brain cells ....
    First of all, you don't know anything about what anyone here does for their community, so you have no basis to make comparisons.

Second, this isn't about whether Tim Tebow is a swell guy. Its about whether he is respectful towards his teammate, Kyle Orton. Doing charity work does not give Tim Tebow the right to act like he's entitled to a job before he's earned it, while disregarding the fact that Klye Orton HAS worked for and earned that job.

Truth be told, a lot of NFL players have great faith and do a lot of charity work. Some do it quietly, believing that helping people brings its own reward. With others... well, it seems that with others there's always a camera around, always a newspaper article written, always a quote. Both types of players have charity in their hearts, but there is a difference.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

I dont really care for Tebow but actually liked watching him play last year and kick butt and lead them to wins when everybody was talking all that mess about him.

Rammed is offline Registered User

What bothers me about Tebow is that his faith seems to be a claim on God and where does that leave Orton with the same dream and most likely faith and God?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    I dont really care for Tebow but actually liked watching him play last year and kick butt and lead them to wins when everybody was talking all that mess about him.
    Tebow started three games. The Broncos won one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Tebow started three games. The Broncos won one of them.
    Whatever AV! Had to rain on my parade didn't you? lol Ya facts are facts... just liked how he played and gave the team a little hope and a chance. I don't like Tebow's god thing how he presents himself or whatever, I kinda like how Ike Bruce is.
    Let me guess you must be a Cane or a Seminole fan huh? lol

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Tim Tebow not ready for prime time
    By Rick Reilly
    ESPN.com
    Originally Published: August 9, 2011

The irony is not lost on the city of Denver that John Elway is judging a QB controversy between Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. This is like Heidi Klum judging a bikini contest at a fat farm.

Doesn't matter anyway. It's over. Orton won by the kind of margin Kim Jong Il wins elections. If it had been a pee wee basketball game, they'd have turned the scoreboard off.

You knew Orton won if you attended the intrasquad scrimmage Saturday at Mile High Who The Hell Ever Heard of Invesco Stadium. Orton was poised, sharp and studied. He would've been 7-for-7 if it weren't for two drops and some clumsy sideline footwork by receiver Eric Decker.

Tebow, meanwhile, looked like a man being chased by bees. He barely got off a pass (1-for-3) and was sacked three times. Nice kid, sincere as a first kiss, but he's not ready yet, might never be ready. Somebody alert the Filipino missionaries. If he doesn't improve, he might be among them sooner than we thought.

The Heisman Trophy winner looks stiff under center. Most quarterbacks go snap-step-step-step-throw. Tebow goes snap-step-step-step-think-ponder-think-some-more-finally-decide-throw-three-feet-behind-the-receiver.

If his first read is covered, he needs a Garmin. He drops his arm as if he wants to run, then thinks better of it. He doesn't quite understand the coverages yet anyway. And when he finally does decide, he's late getting it off. He seems flustered, and it screws up his accuracy. He's much better in the shotgun, but in the NFL you need to have the threat of a run, and the shotgun gives you none.

"The Tebow Thing" is as dead as the Volkswagen Thing. Orton is No. 1 by three city blocks, as the Broncos confirmed with their depth chart Monday: (1) Orton, (2) Tebow, (3) Brady Quinn.

It's the only choice Denver could make. The entire locker room wants Orton. In the NFL, you have to start the guy the players think they can win behind. They see. They watch film. They know what's working. "If they picked Tebow now," said a source within the team, "the coaching staff would totally lose the players."

The other way you know it's over is that Orton is talking to Tebow again. He didn't talk to him all last year. He told people it was because Tebow was a "rookie," but it was more than that. Tebow, ever gracious, kept talking with reporters every day. A lot of the players thought he should've stopped, in deference to the starter, Orton, who was getting scrums one-tenth the size.

Anyway, this lockout crushed Tebow. He's such a hard worker that he would've been at Bronco headquarters every day in the offseason, learning coverages, working on his three-step drop, soaking up every word new coach John Fox uttered. But instead, he reported to camp in fantastic shape physically but still flabby technically.

"He's a great young man who is really working hard," says team president Elway, whose team will visit the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night. "But he didn't get an offseason to work on [playing from the pocket]. He didn't get much of that in college. And it's a completely different thing than the shotgun. Plus, he's only had the one season. But he's an amazing football player. I'd never give up on Tim Tebow."

Me, either. In fact, if I were playing in a streetball game where the losing team has to move permanently to a time-share in Kabul, I'd take Tebow every time.

"One of the unique things about Tim is that he has that unique ability to make something happen when the play breaks down," Elway says. "That gives him a great advantage there but you have to win games from the pocket in this league. You can't rely on your improvising. That's one thing I learned. I was always going to make those plays outside the pocket, but that can't be your bread and butter."

Wait, what? That WAS your bread and butter!

"Well, OK, I guess we got to three Super Bowls that way, but you don't WIN Super Bowls that way. I learned that the hard way."

Anyway, none of this is as interesting to Elway as Denver's newfound pass rush. It didn't have one last year, finishing dead last in the NFL in sacks. This new one stars DE Elvis (Doom) Dumervil, who showed up at camp at 260 pounds and more cut than Michelangelo's David, and No. 2-overall choice LB Von Miller, both of whom looked unblockable in the scrimmage.

"I just feel bad for Orlando Franklin," says Elway of Denver's second-round pick, an offensive lineman from the University of Miami. "He gets to camp, and he's got to stare across the line at Miller and Dumervil every day. Not easy."

So what should we expect of a team that went 4-12 last season and finished the 2009 season with a 2-8 run, part of the Era That Dare Not Speak Its Name, when owner Pat Bowlen turned the team over to a hooded high school brat named Josh McDaniels?

What if I offered you an over-under of six wins?

"I'd be very, very disappointed if we weren't over six," Elway grumbled.

What about eight?

"Well, remember, we have the third-hardest schedule in the league. But we're going to have a better defense this year. And when you have a good defense, the crowd noise really gets up. But you've got to make stops. Because when the crowd is screaming their heads off for 'dee-fense' and you never get any stops, they stop screaming. They kind of go, 'Why are we screaming if you never stop anybody?'"

This is where Tebow comes in.

He'll be a wonderful cheerleader.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The other way you know it's over is that Orton is talking to Tebow again. He didn't talk to him all last year. He told people it was because Tebow was a "rookie," but it was more than that. Tebow, ever gracious, kept talking with reporters every day. A lot of the players thought he should've stopped, in deference to the starter, Orton, who was getting scrums one-tenth the size.
    Ex-act-ly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Let me guess you must be a Cane or a Seminole fan huh? lol
    University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1992

(However, my kids ARE 1/2 Gator on their Mother's side!)

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

It gets worse for Tebow. NFL Network reports he is now in a fight with Quinn for the backup spot, and Quinn looks better.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Tim "Rodney Dangerfield" Tebow gets no respect!

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It gets worse for Tebow. NFL Network reports he is now in a fight with Quinn for the backup spot, and Quinn looks better.
    Tebow: "I always dreamed I would get to hold the clipboard on the sideline, and now it looks like my dream is being taken away from me. Sniff, sniff"

(I know... low blow. But this is starting to get amusing.)
    Torry Holt likes this.

University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1992

(However, my kids ARE 1/2 Gator on their Mother's side!)
    I KNEW IT!!! From living in FL when I was young I follow the Canes and sorry to hear about the issues with the family! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Tebow: "I always dreamed I would get to hold the clipboard on the sideline, and now it looks like my dream is being taken away from me. Sniff, sniff"

(I know... low blow. But this is starting to get amusing.)
    rofl wow poor dude, no more cotton t-shirt commercials... :'(

bigtiger737 Guest

ahhhhh ... this is a U thing . . .. now I understand why all this is here .. lol . . I usually look for what you say as gold Av... I just thought this was all kind of out of place... but thanks to zia being smarter then me .. it makes sence now .. .

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I think TebowGate is obscuring a more troubling issue for Bronco fans; why did they try to trade Orton in the first place ? Would they have made a move for a FA ? That Tebow desperately needed a supervised off-season to be anywhere near a starting QB can't have been a surprise.Brady Quinn?! Really?

Orton seems to be handling the situation better than Cutler did, never mind the now-tarnished Gator-godling, but there's still some weird stuff happening in Denver.I love the idea of Bowlen getting as loopy as his old nemesis Al Davis; I picture them flinging soiled Depends across the lounge at one another in The NFL Owners Retirement Home & vying for the attention of Olga the dominatrix-y sponge bath nurse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12