throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titan Troubles

porkchop Guest

Post Titan Troubles

The Titans could be in trouble in the secondary if they don't get Rolle back soon. Here's the link. http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/0828/1244942.html

Atlas Guest
    After much reading and thinking, don't look for this to bring the Titans down. A deal is expected to be done by the weeks end. :cool:

MsWistRAM Guest
    It's the Titans. Who cares? This is a Rams site.

Atlas Guest
    Hey. I didn't start the thread. :rolleyes: But a lot of people seem to want to see the Titans have trouble. Maybe they feel intemidated.

Rams13 Guest
    Exactly MsWist this is a Rams site! They can say this is an open board all they want but I'm sure if the Titans are so great they have a nice little board of their own. So who cares about Titans news. GO RAMS!

Atlas Guest
    Originally posted by WarnerFan78
    Exactly MsWist this is a Rams site! They can say this is an open board all they want but I'm sure if the Titans are so great they have a nice little board of their own. So who cares about Titans news. GO RAMS!
    Accually, we a have quite a few nice little boards of our own with Ram fans that visit us all the time. It's a real shame you can't be more hospitable. I just enjoy talking about football no matter what the team. And have been treated fairly by this board. But you on the other hand don't seem so friendly all the time. Makes me wonder if your having doughts about the Rams. It's ok. Trust me when I say they'l do well. You have nothing to worry about, my friend. They'll make it to the Superbowl and play the Titans. May the best team win. *cough* TITANS *cough*

Rams13 Guest

Thumbs down

You know Atlas I'll say this very lightly because I respect Dez and the rules they have in this board and I don't want to jeapordize those rules. All I can say is I don't even bother to read your replies to my posts anymore, when I see in my email that someone posted to my thread and it was Atlas I just delete it and don't even bother to read it. Reason being because the only reply I've ever read from you was rediculous and I really have nothing to say to a Titans fan anyway. So I just hope your replies to my posts are mainly for the public to read and not for me personaly because I don't read what you reply and I frankly don't care what you have to say. All I'm concerned about when I come into this board is the St. Louis Rams and what us Ram fans want to discuss. So if I'm going to waste my time disagreeing with someone it will be a Rams fan because at least when all is said and done the conversation will have some meaning. So please don't waste your time trying to talk to me Atlas and focus more on your Elvis loving Nashville fans while the rest of us talk about football and a REAL team. This is the last time you will get any kind of a reply from me, so as far as I'm concerned now Atlas does not exist. GO RAMS!

Atlas Guest
    Originally posted by WarnerFan78
    You know Atlas I'll say this very lightly because I respect Dez and the rules they have in this board and I don't want to jeapordize those rules. All I can say is I don't even bother to read your replies to my posts anymore, when I see in my email that someone posted to my thread and it was Atlas I just delete it and don't even bother to read it. Reason being because the only reply I've ever read from you was rediculous and I really have nothing to say to a Titans fan anyway. So I just hope your replies to my posts are mainly for the public to read and not for me personaly because I don't read what you reply and I frankly don't care what you have to say. All I'm concerned about when I come into this board is the St. Louis Rams and what us Ram fans want to discuss. So if I'm going to waste my time disagreeing with someone it will be a Rams fan because at least when all is said and done the conversation will have some meaning. So please don't waste your time trying to talk to me Atlas and focus more on your Elvis loving Nashville fans while the rest of us talk about football and a REAL team. This is the last time you will get any kind of a reply from me, so as far as I'm concerned now Atlas does not exist. GO RAMS!

I'm glad you respect Dez, or so you say. You obviously don't seem to respect anyone outside your social circle. I think you did indeed just read the above reply. Please don't insult my intelegence and say you didn't. After all, you posted to this thread AFTER I did. Are you going to try to tell me you didn't read my repy, even if it wasn't directed at you. Oh, wait...you just did.

As to a rediculas reply, I think you yourself have made more then a few rediculas replies. This one being an example. But for the sake of arguement, I'll point out where your remarks make your reply rediculas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "So if I'm going to waste my time disagreeing with someone it will be a Rams fan because at least when all is said and done the conversation will have some meaning. "
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your "Tennessee Titans" thread was very meaningless and obviously meant to antagonize me. Which it didn't. I repied to it to point out a few flaws in your reasoning. You keep replying, so I guess you do think that I am worth your time to argue with. You have wasted a great deal of time starting arguements with me already, and to continue is to merely make yourself seem foolish and bring down the reputation of this forum in general.

"So please don't waste your time trying to talk to me Atlas and focus more on your Elvis loving Nashville fans while the rest of us talk about football and a REAL team. "

If I didn't know better, I would think you were trying to get a rise out of me through childish insults that go beyond simple smack talk. It's a good think I'm smart enough to know that the majority of the posters on this forum are football loving adults. I'm not so sure about you. I think you just need someone to hate. I'm sorry you feel it has to be me. But ok. If you insist. :rolleyes:

I do not even live in Tennessee, I hate Elvis, and if you think the Titans aren't a real team, then your either not half as smart as I originally gave you credit for, or your just a very disrespectful individual.

I think you do in fact consider the Titans a real team. They had the best record in the NFL and the number one rated defense in "passing yardage". That can not be denied. Again, your comments are merely to get a rise out of me. And it is you wasting your time. Ignorance does not bother me. If you had used intelegence in your replies, I might have been more inclined to take you serious. But there seems to be very little of that in your posts.

"This is the last time you will get any kind of a reply from me, so as far as I'm concerned now Atlas does not exist. GO RAMS! "

I should certainly hope so. Now maybe we can be friends. GO TITANS!!

P.S. I'm very sorry for this Dez. I will try not to reply to this individual. I never meant to offend anyone on this forum and if I did, again I am sorry. I do hope you know that posts like the one I am now replying to do indeed bring down your forum. It is a very nice one and I have enjoyed it immensely. But if posters like this said individual continue to treat others as he has done unto me, just because "they aren't a Ram fan", I'm not sure how many people will want to post here.

This is a very good forum and I have learned a great deal about the Rams here. It is one of the more intelectual forums that I know of. I especially like the Articles section. Well made. Again I apologize and will try to make sure any posts I do are as respectful as I can and not give anyone else here reason to dispise me.
    Last edited by Atlas; -08-30-2001 at 05:55 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Atlas, there are Carter grumblings coming out of Adelphia. Supposedly, the D coach got on to him for going 75 percent. Hmmm, heard that one before. I don't care if you post here or not, just have fun and keep it to the facts and you won't have trouble with me.

Atlas Guest
    Originally posted by txramsfan
    Atlas, there are Carter grumblings coming out of Adelphia. Supposedly, the D coach got on to him for going 75 percent. Hmmm, heard that one before. I don't care if you post here or not, just have fun and keep it to the facts and you won't have trouble with me.

Washburn looking for more from Carter

Kevin Carter
    By PAUL KUHARSKY
    Staff Writer

Heading into the Titans' final preseason game tonight, defensive line coach Jim Washburn has lingering questions about Kevin Carter's play, though he admitted the end is being held to an especially high standard.

''To be honest with you, I think maybe he's playing at 75% of his potential,'' Washburn said. ''He's not even close. I expect that during the course of the year, by the time we get to the playoffs, hopefully by the end, he'll be playing a lot better.

''He's got to get better with his hands. He plays too high. He does some remarkable things, but he can be a hell of a lot better.''

The biggest concern seems to be tied to effort. It's an issue that stuck to Carter in his final season in St. Louis, when he was caught up in a contract dispute and was benched twice.

He pledged upon his arrival in Nashville that after his first season as a Titan no one would have grounds to question his heart, work ethic or ability. Entering his seventh NFL season, he has 62.5 career sacks 39.5 of those since 1998.

Carter, who signed a six-year, $40 million deal with the Titans, said it's been an adjustment moving from the St. Louis defense (a lot of read-and-react) to the Tennessee defense (aggressive, likes to dictate).

He has also had to adapt to a different practice tempo. Carter said the Titans like to be ''as close to game tempo as can be with it still being practice.'' He also missed some practice time early in camp while recovering from a groin injury.

After he was relayed Washburn's reflections, Carter paused for a moment before responding.

''Well, I'm trying,'' he said. ''It's definitely an adjustment. I go out there and give my best and try to get better every day. He's the coach. If that's an area I have to improve in, that's going to make me a better player, then I am going to do it.

''I'm not slacking off or anything in practice. I've never done this. We work at such a tempo, it's pretty aggressive. I think I'm where I need to be, I'm running to the ball, doing everything everybody else is. I guess maybe he has a different standard for me.''

Washburn admitted as much.

''He's going to play at a good level. He's a heck of a football player, I understand it,'' Washburn said. ''But I'm just saying what he can be. I think Jevon [Kearse], I think every one of them could be a lot better ...

I think Kevin is a real fine person, I enjoy him. I've probably been harder on him than some of the other guys.''

Neither Carter nor Kearse has a sack in the preseason, although Carter missed the opener against the Bears.

Washburn was not particularly pleased with Carter's play in the preseason game in St. Louis, and rated last week's game against Philadelphia as better but still not great.

''I think he thinks he's playing hard, but it's not as hard as he needs to,'' Washburn said. '' ... [Against the Eagles], he freelanced and went inside a couple blocks and he got us hurt on a few plays.

''Then he made some really nice plays and showed some good efforts in spurts. Really good efforts, really good hustle two or three times. But it's got to be more consistent.''

He'll do his job, which is to assist Kearse in taking out the quarterback. 75% for Carter is more like 95% for everyone else. And Carter's not at 75%...he's at 100% and the coach is just pushing him hard. That's a fact....You have to look between the lines.
    Last edited by Atlas; -09-03-2001 at 05:47 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    You also have to listen to who is talking, Kevin Carter. Hey, I lived in Memphis when they were still the Oilers and played there. I took all the free tix I could to go watch them play. It was great, 20,000 people in a football stadium watching the NFL. Not that all that means anything, other than the quotes were coming from Kevin Carter.

Atlas Guest
    ''I'm not slacking off or anything in practice. I've never done this. We work at such a tempo, it's pretty aggressive. I think I'm where I need to be, I'm running to the ball, doing everything everybody else is. I guess maybe he has a different standard for me.''

Washburn admitted as much.

''He's going to play at a good level. He's a heck of a football player, I understand it,'' Washburn said. ''But I'm just saying what he can be. I think Jevon [Kearse], I think every one of them could be a lot better ...

I think Kevin is a real fine person, I enjoy him. I've probably been harder on him than some of the other guys.''
    Carter wasn't the only one doing the talking.

MsWistRAM Guest
    Enough already. It's getting old.
    Last edited by MsWistRAM; -09-04-2001 at 08:51 AM.

Atlas Guest
    Just making a point. I didn't start this thread, MsWistRAM.

Rams13 Guest

Thumbs up

I agree MsWist! I could care less about Titans news and I'm tired of hearing about it. I come here after a hard days work to talk about Rams issues and the Rams spoiling other teams issues. GO RAMS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast