richtree is offline Registered User

Trade for Asante Samuel

The Rams need CB depth and the Eagles have one of the worst Middle Linebacking Cores in the NFL.

The Rams trade:
    # 56 Josh Hull MLB
    Round 3 draft pick

for

#22 Asante Samuel
    Round 5 draft pick

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Trade for Asante Samuel

Lets wait a week lol, S Jax will make them realize that having an awesome secondary doesn't mean jack if you can't stop the run. Plus, we don't want Hull giving them all of our calls and coverages and what not.

richtree is offline Registered User

i REALLY think the Rams can win the game. We match-up great with the Eagles.

The X-Factor is Vick running with the ball. The Rams defense will be ready and the Eagles offense has sputtered all pre-season with the lack of Maclin and team continuity.

On offense the Rams power run and TE weapons should make the Eagles LBs look horrible.

If we get a lead I could see this being a smash mouth game. IF we get behind, it may be a shootout that we can't catchup too...

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I too think the Rams can win this game, not many fans outside St.Louis do though.? Im very interested to see if the Rams will be able to handle their duties proficiently with the game speed going up a notch.
    Preseason is extremely deceiving when gauging performance, plus, some of the Rams preseason victory's were against teams that put the minimum effort out in them games. The Titans did take it seriously and they took it too us alarmingly. Its going to be a tough ball game, for both teams. If the Rams pressurise like they should, its extremely vital the Ram defenders dont let Vick slip free of there grasp, on them backfield plays. IF not, then Vick is very likely to gain some space and find an wide open Eagle in the Ram secondary. The Eagles need to be able to stop the Rams running game, otherwise it will be a bad day for the Philly faithful, that my Rams key for the game.?

It should be a good game, some quality football players on show from both teams.!

I hope McD uses Norwood 6-7 plays in this game.?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -09-06-2011 at 01:32 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Yes, the eagles are relatively weak at middle linebacker. However, the suggestion that Josh Hull, a 7th round pick a year ago with essentially no nfl game experience, is a guy that they are going to bite hard on is a massive stretch in my view. I dont believe that the eagles will trade samuels for a third rounder, let alone give back a 5th and take josh hull as an alleged solution to their problem. Samuels gives them great depth. Hull gives them a completely unproven guy at this point who may be no better than whatever they currently have.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

rNemesis is offline Registered User

there is no way they would even budge to make a silly trade like that unless it involved a third rounder...

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Well I don't think we'd do that for Ashante Samuel since he is more of a zone coverage corner than a press corner we prefer in our scheme.