Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

travis fischer signs with lions

travis signed a one year deal for 2.25 million with a 1 million signing bonus. ESPN describes him as an "aggressive cover 2 corner" which goes to show you that their definition of aggressive is a guy that plays ten yards off the receiver on 3rd and 5.

I think this is a nice deal for detroit. I really dont think fischer is that bad. The lack of our pass rush has made it very very tough on our corners. I am not saying he is an all pro, but in this market, that is pretty cheap for any kind of breathing corner.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: travis fischer signs with lions

i know you guys can't see it,but i'm doing the Travis Fisher is with another team happy dance,no really i am right now,of course never turning my head to see whats behind me, just like Travis would have wanted.

viper is offline Registered User

Replacing Dre' Bly with Travis Fisher didn't work for us. I wonder what makes them think it will work for them. NOT!

I too am doing the happy dance...thank you God!

This is funny.

Ram CB's Lyght replaced by Bly replaced by Fisher.

Lion CB's...well, same thing.

RenoRamsFan is offline Registered User

I could have sworn the Detroit Rams...I mean the Detroit Lions hired Rod Marinelli as their head coach, not Martz. Wonder how long its going to take him to offically take the spot. Seems like he has a lot of influence, on both sides of the ball now, for a offensive coord.
    Last edited by RenoRamsFan; -03-13-2007 at 06:21 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I too don't think Fisher is that bad, but he's inconsistant in his play and always seems to be banged up. The price is right for Detroit and if he stays healthy, he might be able to help them although I still think the acquisition is a gamble.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Do the Lions want Butler too? Will throw Butler in with it....just call it a supersized deal....

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Replacing Dre' Bly with Travis Fisher didn't work for us. I wonder what makes them think it will work for them. NOT!

I too am doing the happy dance...thank you God!
    Amen to that.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Can't say with a straight face that I'm sorry to see him go. But I am a bit surprised that we apparently didn't try at all to re-sign him, I mean after the immense confidence Haslett appeared to have in him letting him start all-season (until the final injury) even with minor injuries over our many other options at CB (Hill, Butler, Bartell etc.). I wonder if the much-improved play of the secondary after Fisher went down with injury changed Haslett's mind or maybe reviewing tape in the offseason prompted him to let him go without trying to keep him. Either way Haslett's opinion of Fisher must have changed quite a bit during the last few weeks of the season, sad that he didn't come to the realization earlier, but better late than never.

Our CB's currently look fairly decent I think with Brown, Hill, Bartell and Butler (if he ever gets a chance to play, maybe Haslett should change his mind on that one too, wink ), which is why I have no idea why many mock-drafts have us picking a CB in the first, that'd be about the worst defensive position for us to pick IMO.

JRoc is offline Registered User

I couldn't be happier that Fisher is no longer a Ram. I could never feel confident in our secondary while he and Butler were the starters. They must be among the worst starting CB tandems the league has ever seen.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

When healthy and in Lovie's Cover 2 defensive scheme in 2003, Travis Fisher had four interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns. The Lions are trying to run that scheme, albeit they're still in need of a better pass rush from the defensive end position. But if Fisher can stay healthy, it will be interesting to see how well he does returning to that type of defense.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    When healthy and in Lovie's Cover 2 defensive scheme in 2003, Travis Fisher had four interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns. The Lions are trying to run that scheme, albeit they're still in need of a better pass rush from the defensive end position. But if Fisher can stay healthy, it will be interesting to see how well he does returning to that type of defense.
    I wonder who the scapegoat will be this season.......oh nevermind it's the offseason and that pot was already stirred.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Fisher only started for us this year because Haslett didnt want to throw Tye Hill into the deep end. Knowing Fisher's injury history meant that Haslett must have known Hill was going to get tons of playing time as Fisher's 'backup'

JRoc is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I do remember being pleasantly surprised at that but I could never be confident that he wouldn't give up big plays. It'll be interesting to see how he does for the Lions but I think he'll be a flop.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Pffft good riddence to bad rubish... or something along those lines. He did nothing useful for us. I agree that him and Butler were by far the worst CB tandem in the league. Hopefully Hill and Bartell will establish themselves. Although I would still like to see another skilled CB added to our secondary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast