sbramfan is offline Registered User

travis henry to Cards?

I think eventually this deal will go through, and this will be a huge addition to Cards. I think they will be very competitive this upcoming season.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: travis henry to Cards?

What is your source? How much would the Cards have to give up to get Henry?

Frankly, I'd be happier seeing the Cards getting Henry, who is a good back but a bit of a fumbler, than getting one of the "big 3" (Brown, Williams, Benson) in the draft and ending up with a potential superstar RB.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

NFL.com

The Bills granted Henry permission in January to speak to other teams about a potential trade. Of the teams that expressed interest, Henry said the Arizona Cardinals have offered to trade starting left tackle L.J. Shelton in a player-for-player deal.

Henry doesn't understand why the Bills -- in need of offensive line help -- haven't accepted the offer. Henry added he's willing to play for Arizona, a team in need of a starting running back since Emmitt Smith's retirement last month.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Isn't Shelton supposed to be a pretty good LT? I wouldn't think that a team would give up a good/very good LT in exchange for a average/good rb. Especially if there are some draft studs available and the team has a top 10 pick. I'm not a huge Travis Henry fan and I don't think he's particularly good. He got a ton of carries so his yards and td's were respectable but his ypc were always very average or low. Worst case scenario for the Cardinals is to stick with Shipp and hope he stays healthy. I think Shipp is a better risk/reward than Henry if they have to give up Shelton to get him.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I hope the Cards do something stupid like that. I think Shipp is just as good if not better than Henry. Why give up o line help to add an equal or lesser rb than you already have.

GO RAMS RE-TOOL FOR 05 :ramlogo:

thoey is offline Registered User

This is from Fanball:

March 23, 2005 12:07 PM ET

Bills: Henry says Shelton deal still on the table

The News

Disgruntled running back Travis Henry told the Buffalo News that the Cardinals' trade offer of tackle L.J. Shelton is still on the table, and he expressed frustration the Bills haven't consummated the deal yet. "Arizona wants to make a deal," Henry told the News. "I made it clear to [coach] Mike [Mularkey] that I do not want to be back. H said it's got to be a win-win situation [in order to make a trade]. Well, they've got a win-win situation. They need an offensive tackle. Arizona needs a running back."

Our View

The Bills' front office is sticking to its position that they have not been presented with what they consider to be a fair trade. Meanwhile, Henry is hinting that he won't show up for minicamp or training camp. If the Bills wait too long, the Cardinals could draft a back and all Buffalo would have left is a very upset backup.
    This space for rent...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Buffalo better get what they can, cause it sounds like Henry is prepared to take his ball and go home. Buffalo better face the music they're not going to get much value in this situation.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Isn't Shelton supposed to be a pretty good LT? I wouldn't think that a team would give up a good/very good LT in exchange for a average/good rb.
    In my opinion, Travis Henry as a running back is better than Shelton as a tackle, and is certainly an upgrade over Marcel Shipp. Let's put it this way - there's a reason the Cards went out and signed Oliver Ross to play RT in 2005, and it's not because Green wants Shelton to start elsewhere, but rather because Shelton won't be starting at all. In that respect, he's at least on the same level as Henry in terms of status, since Henry is a "former starter but now back-up" as well. Still, if you're making a list of best players at their position, I bet Travis Henry's name comes up on the RB list long before L.J. Shelton does on the offensive tackle list. Just my two cents.