txramsfan is offline Registered User

Trouble brewing in Seattle???

From foxsports.com

Seattle owner Paul Allen, the billionaire who rescued the Seahawks in his hometown, continues to wait for head coach Mike Holmgren to sign a three-year extension that was offered at Super Bowl time.

Holmgren is thinking about being a lame-duck coach this season, his final one contractually in Seattle. He remains upset with GM Tim Ruskell over the loss of All-Pro guard Steve Hutchinson. Ruskell promised Holmgren that he would "franchise" Hutchinson and prevent him from leaving. Instead, the Seahawks placed a transition tag on Hutchinson and lost him to the mad-spending Minnesota Vikings.

The key in this entire issue is whether or not Holmgren can get over being let down by Ruskell and his contract negotiator, Mike Reinfeldt, over the loss of Hutchinson.

Whether or not Holmgren wants to be a GM again doesn't shock me, but walking away from a Seattle team that is capable of returning to another Super Bowl is rather ubelievable, even to his long-time assistant coaches. Then, again, Holmgren walked from the Packers when he could have won and won with Brett Favre until he retired.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Trouble brewing in Seattle???

I think homgren is a terribly overated coach. That being said, i would love for him to be coaching in lame duck mode as that cant be a good thing for the hawks. He seems like a big crybaby to me, he looks like a walrus and he had so much talent in seattle for a couple of years at least before he won anything. If i give him credit for one thing, its the acquisition of hasselbeck, who i think is terrific. I think his play calling is highly suspect and i believe martz outcoached him in several games, especially the big comeback game a couple of years ago in seattle.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

DITTO< DITTO< DITTO< ...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Ive never been impressed with Holmgren, Martz was always the better coach, which is sad if you are a Seahawks fan

bruce4life is offline Registered User

everyone doesnt think martz was a good coach but lets face it, martz was one of the best coaches in the league for the past 6 seasons

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

he looks like a walrus
    my thoughts exactly