Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Turdley's dreams shattered

Guess he won't be playing Tight End after all. *puke*

Chiefs | Turley takes over at left tackle
    Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:41:26 -0700

Josh Looney, of KCChiefs.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs OT Kyle Turley took over for retired OT Willie Roaf at left tackle.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Trudley's dreams shattered

Good luck playing OT... To bad about the TE job.. You wouldnt have started at TE any way... Cause Tony Gonzalez is the starter

bigredman Guest

Re: Trudley's dreams shattered

That's bad news for the KC Chiefs...Turley couldn't hold Roaf's jock at that position. Wasn't Turley trying to catch on with the Chiefs as a TE anyway? OOOOOOOOOOOOH, I smell a long season for the Missouri red machine.
    Last edited by bigredman; -07-29-2006 at 07:00 PM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Turdley's dreams shattered

Turley would have been a blocking tight end. HoweverHe was down to 260 lbs. when he tried out at Dolphins camp. I don't know how much he weighs now, but if he is back up to 300, I'm not sure how well his back is going to hold up considering. And if he isn't, I'm not sure how he's going to hold up at the point of attack.

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Good Ole Kyle...... Memories.... oh the memories.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

*makes a note not to take Trent Green again this year in FF*
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

You know, with all the Rams history,there are 2 things I have never been proud of and almost embarrassed. One is Phillips and the other is this guy. 2 big 'ol hemorroids that were impossible to get rid of and will haunt us forever with their scars.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Great! Just kill me now! Of course I had to take Larry Johnson 2nd overall in FF.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    *makes a note not to take Trent Green again this year in FF*

Yahoo automatically picked him as my starting QB

im currently trying to trade him though, but hopefully the people in my league dont hear this news!

AlphaRam Guest

Personally, I liked Kyle Turley as a Ram. He brought an intensity to the game that I miss.

SFCRamFan Guest

I want to see Turdley threaten Herm Edwards...and leave his office in traction...May the Chiefs implode now in 3..2...1

RamJackson39 Guest

I've always liked Turley and the intensity that he brought to the game. I dont hold his problems with Martz against him, because I can understand him not liking Martz. He's a good OT and he looked pretty good in the preseason game

Overalls Guest

He looked good against our rookie, Mario Williams.

general counsel is online now Registered User

i wouldnt be surprised if he plays well. The issue will be if his back holds up.

As for his problems with martz, i think that overlooks the facts of what occurred. Turley failed to return multiple phone calls from martz regarding his physical status. That is what started the entire mess. I dont care what anyone thinks of martz, when your boss calls you, you should return his phone calls. Turley stayed away from the team and didnt rehab. He physically threatened the coach in a temper tantrum. I dont see how you can defend that behavior. Its still an employee dealing with his boss and we are not talking about something that happened on the field in the heat of the moment, but rather in a business meeting in an office.

I think he was a productive player for the rams. I loved the trade when we made it, i thought it was perfect for us so i wont criticize it now. We got a top quality right tackle after the debacles with st clair et al.

The injury was very bad luck for the rams and turley both. I dont hold the injury against him, but his behavior after the fact was unprofessional in the extreme. He was done with football for his tv/movie career, which of course didnt materialize, his health was a lot more important than football, and he chose to walk away. That was his choice. The fact that he comes back a year later when of course he had no future in tv/movies just shows me his lack of character in the first place.

He wanted to come back to the nfl to make money, plain and simple. I dont criticize him for wanting to earn a living, but he is a hypocrite and if he had simply rehabbed and sat out a year, and behaved professionally towards the organization that was paying him millions of dollars, he could have been back playing for us and not causing massive cap damage on our team.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

I never had a problem with Turley either. He never took plays off, wasn't a slacker, and brought some much neede intensity to the team.

And...I'd sure like to have been a fly on the wall during his run-in with Martz. if you were legitimately hurting, and someone called you a liar, how would you react?
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast