RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Two young ones cut

Today the Browns Cut Rookie DT Babatunde Oshinowo from Stanford.

And also the Packers cut 3rd year CB who was a first round pick Ahmad Carrol.

Any worth looking at?

RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Two young ones cut

My impression of Carroll is that he really is not good. Pretty poor technique. Usually when defenders get released from bad defenses mid-season, it's not because they're great players. Green Bay is tied for 28th in scoring defense and ranks 28th in opposing passer efficiency.

As for Babatunde Oshinowo, I liked him as a prospect. He has potential to play in both the 4-3 and the 3-4, but doesn't have great size. I don't see any reason to try and sign him to the active roster at this point.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

My impression of Carroll is that he really is not good. Pretty poor technique. Usually when defenders get released from bad defenses mid-season, it's not because they're great players. Green Bay is tied for 28th in scoring defense and ranks 28th in opposing passer efficiency.
    I read that people say he has bad technique but its actually because he is a physical corner, a very physical corner and due to the rule changes after the Patriots won the superbowl he is having a very hard time adapting to a much less agressive style.

As for Babatunde Oshinowo, I liked him as a prospect. He has potential to play in both the 4-3 and the 3-4, but doesn't have great size. I don't see any reason to try and sign him to the active roster at this point.
    Exact thing I thought, good prospect but bad size and speed.
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I read that people say he has bad technique but its actually because he is a physical corner, a very physical corner and due to the rule changes after the Patriots won the superbowl he is having a very hard time adapting to a much less agressive style.
    It sounds like you're disagreeing with me, but how is that contrary to what I said? If he had good technique, then he wouldn't completely lose effectiveness when that one aspect of his game is taken away. After all, he'd have technique to fall back on. The guy is physical but lacks fundamentals. Hence, poor technique.

He has potential though (like most former first round picks do) so I wouldn't be surprised to see someone take a shot at making him into something.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Exact thing I thought, good prospect but bad size and speed.
    Well, for clarity's sake, as a one-technique tackle in the 4-3 or a nose in the 3-4, he doesn't really need to be speedy. He's not a pass rusher. He's good at holding his ground and defending the run, but is undersized and didn't have great workouts. The Browns wanted him to bulk up but criticized his conditioning. I think he could succeed in the right circumstances, if allowed to develop and perfect his technique since at his size that's what he's going to have to depend on to succeed.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I say we leave the D alone, it's good right now, let's not mess anything up.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I say we leave the D alone, it's good right now, let's not mess anything up.
    I don't think either of these guys are worth a look. However we should always be looking to improve a defense that had the Lions go through them like a hot knife through butter.