I've been thinking about this the past couple of years and thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else felt the same way.

After discovering fantasy football a couple of years ago in addition to participating in my first office pools I found that my enjoyment of the NFL grew while my fanaticism for one particular team diminished.

I have other reasons for not focusing solely on the Rams but I think these extra curicular activities on football Sunday have added to my divided attention. In fact, I find myself rooting for guys that I never would have before if they happen to be on my team.

I try and draft players from the Rams, etc. so that I may double my interest in their success but if I have a guy like...Randy Moss, on some level I'm going to be rooting for his success even though I can't stand the guy. I guess it's kind of like the Rams attaining a guy like Tony Banks. Even though you may not like him, you're probably rooting for his success.

The more competitive and potentially lucrative the leagues have become, the less I focus on my personal feelings for the players. It works both ways though, if my opponent has Randy Moss, it makes it that much more sweet to root against him. As far as the guys I have on my team, I feel like I've acheived a certain level of optimism that I know I didn't have when I was a Ram-fantatic.