Thread: Vick

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Vick

Hear me out, because it's purely hypothetical and I'm curious to see what you guys have to say. This is also not a Bulger bashing thread, so please refrain from doing so.

I personally think Vick is trying to redeem himself and I admire that a lot. He's been focusing on football; putting in the time, no pun intended. With that in mind, knowing that he's trying to work hard again to play football and ultimately win a Super Bowl, would you guys have signed him when we had the chance?

I just feel like given our QB situation, if Marc doesn't produce a good year, we would have had a solid QB (With Vick's talent, the sky's the limit, in my mind), and could've also drafted a QB for the future. I feel like he probably had a better opportunity to start in St. Louis rather than Philly as well...

Your thoughts?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams#1 Guest

Re: Vick

hmm well I like how you snuck in that last part about the rams just so you could post this in rams talk. hehehe good job but I really don't know how well Mike would be perceived here. not to mention that he doesn't fit into Spags 4 pillars.. I say Pass

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Vick's best years are behind him, and even in his prime he was not a good QB.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I think Vick will struggle more than succeed this year at least when it comes to actual performance. As a decoy, I'm sure that the Eagles will get some good yards at least to start. My problem with Vick is that he's been out of football shape for two years and that will take a good amount of time to get back into. No, I wouldn't sign him, now or ever.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I just feel like given our QB situation, if Marc doesn't produce a good year, we would have had a solid QB (With Vick's talent, the sky's the limit, in my mind), and could've also drafted a QB for the future. I feel like he probably had a better opportunity to start in St. Louis rather than Philly as well...

Your thoughts?
    I don't view Vick as a "sky's the limit" type of QB. Vick was and perhaps still is a tremendous athlete, but that alone does not make a great QB. Vick has a cannon arm to be sure, but in this particular case the cannon was issued without the proper sighting mechanism; it has astonishing range, but lacks accuracy. Even without all his baggage, I don't think Vick is a good fit for the Rams.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I see what you guys mean. I just think with his talent, with the right motivation, ala redeeming himself, I think he could be an accurate QB. He's shown flashes of doing so. It's definitely an interesting thought, well to me, obviously lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

There are a few prospects coming next year's draft (Colt McCoy) enough said on that.

Bulger will suffice for this year and a couple to come. With our holes in the offensive line being addressed I feel Bulger is out for a good year and many will digress from their skepticism.

If there are any needs its gotta be backup play. Boller might hold up for now. Vick can do what he can to redeem himself, but the verdict stands among this team.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8