Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Vick Charged With Felony! (CLANRAM EXCLUSIVE: COPY OF INDICTMENT)

Big trouble for Ron "Ookie" Mexico. See attached (Note: Unfortunately, due to the size of the document, I can only attach the front page)
    Attached Files Attached Files

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Vick Charged With Felony! (CLANRAM EXCLUSIVE: COPY OF INDICTMENT)

HOLY CRAP, DUDE!!!!

David...today you outdid yourself...again!

Here are some fairly shocking quotes from the indictment:
    • In or about March of 2003, PEACE, VICK, and other individuals unknown to the Grand Jury sponsored a female pit bull in a fight against the 35 point female pit bull owned by C.W.#2. In or about March of 2003, "Bad Newz Kennels," represented by PEACE, VICK and others unknown to the Grand Jury, lost the purse when the 35 pound femal pit bull owned by C.W.#2 prevailed over the "Bad Newz Kennels" pit bull. In or about March of 2003, PEACE, after consulting with VICK about the losing female pit bull's condition, executed the losing dog by wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting the animal.
    • In or about April 2007, PEACE, PHILLIPS, and VICK executed approximately 8 dogs that did not perform well in "testing" sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging, drowning, and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -07-17-2007 at 06:21 PM.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

If these are the truths I want the Mother !@#$ banned from the NFL. What type of sick people could do that crap to an animal. I have a female pitbull if they came near her, we would not have to worry about an indictment.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

One note.

This is unlikely to be another "O.J. case" scenario. The conviction rate on Federal Grand Jury indictments is in the 95% range (as opposed to a much lower rate for state prosecutors).

I think its safe to say that the Falcons are not too happy right now and probably wish they had not traded Matt Shaub to the Texans.

general counsel is offline Registered User

whether he is convicted or not, i bet the commissioner takes some action. This also falls into the category of MAJOR DISTRACTION.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

It appears that Vick is facing a maximum of 6 years in prison if convicted on all counts, some pretty hefty fines and restitution (not to mention a suspension from the NFL which could cost him millions).

I am absolutely disgusted by this guy (and yes, I am presuming guilt here). He had everything. Blessed with incredible athletic skills. Media darling. Enough money for several lifetimes. To engage in this type of conduct is beyond stupid, and the cruelty of treating animals like this makes me physically ill.

A complete disgrace.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I was just gonna post this...spent too much time analyzing the indictment. For the full 18 pages go to thesmokinggun.

Michael Vick Indicted
    Falcons QB faces conspiracy charge for role in dog fighting operation
    JULY 17--NFL star Michael Vick was indicted today on a federal conspiracy charge for his alleged role in a dog fighting venture that operated from a Virginia property owned by the Atlanta Falcons quarterback. A copy of the indictment, filed today in U.S. District Court in Richmond, can be found below. The 27-year-old Vick, whose nickname is listed as "Ookie" in the indictment, allegedly established the Bad Newz Kennels in early-2001 in Smithfield, Virginia. It was this property, for which Vick paid $34,000, that the star athlete and his codefendants used as the "main staging area for housing and training the pit bulls involved in the dog fighting venture and hosting dog fights." According to prosecutors, Vick and his cohorts began purchasing pit bull puppies in late-2001 and would eventually "sponsor" individual dog fights with purses as high as $26,000. In the indictment's most harrowing parts, federal investigators describe what happened to some Bad Newz Kennels dogs that either lost matches or did not perform well in test fights. After a March 2003 loss by a female pit bull, codefendant Purnell Peace, "after consulting with Vick," electrocuted the animal. In April, prosecutors allege, Vick, Peace, and Quanis Phillips, "executed approximately 8 dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions." These animals, the indictment claims, were killed "by various methods, including hanging, drowning, and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

And as Avenger noted...they don't usually indict people unless they know that have enough to convict someone...I would expect a future ban from the NFL would be forthcoming.

Keenum is offline Registered User

This guy has been on living on the edge of the new conduct policy for the NFL. I think he's just fallen off.
    He should be locked up for a good long while. It will also make it easier on the NFL if they do that. If not, there had better be a ban LONGER than a year for this crap.

On the football side, could this force the Falcons to make a push for Culpepper now?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Surely he's gonna work a plea. If he does the full 6 years, his career is O-V-E-R.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Whether he's found guilty or not, the media will convict him. His career in the NFL is already over.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Whether he's found guilty or not, the media will convict him. His career in the NFL is already over.
    I hope so.

Well, his "Madison Avenue" career is certainly over. Whatever the outcome of this, the public will never be able to disassociate him with the whole dogfighting thing. In a way, its even worse than Kobe Bryant. With Kobe, his fans could say to themselves, "all he really did was cheat on his wife." In this case, if any of the allegations against Vick are true - even if he only engaged in sins of omission - the public won't forgive him for this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

This stuff is so shocking and so far beyond the pale of what is acceptable that anything other than a complete finding of innocence will probably doom Vick and his NFL career. Any connection to the things alleged in this indictment would be virtually impossible to survive.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast