throwback week

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Vick Charged With Felony! (CLANRAM EXCLUSIVE: COPY OF INDICTMENT)

ESPN is reporting that the league, union, and Falcons themselves may ask Vick to take a voluntary leave of absence until this issue is resolved.
    I think this is the best play here, I don't think Vick could do what Kobe did during his case. Not as an NFL QB, he's just going to be a distraction, he already is..

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: vick update from espn-paid leave of absence?

Paid???? Mingya!

Seems like a no-brainer for Vick.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I would hope the Falcons would require a stipulation here that if it turns out he lied to them about his innocence--which seems to be the case--that they can get the money back. Presumably, they're not ready to rule out the possibility that he'll continue to be the face of the franchise down the road.This is really coddling him, though.

helorm341 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I would hope the Falcons would require a stipulation here that if it turns out he lied to them about his innocence--which seems to be the case--that they can get the money back. Presumably, they're not ready to rule out the possibility that he'll continue to be the face of the franchise down the road.This is really coddling him, though.

I don't think the Falcons have many choices here. I highly doubt the NFLPA is going to allow the NFL or team to suspend him without pay when he's not convicted of anything. Vick certainly wouldn't just agree to return any money, that would be stupid, who's going to do that? The Falcons can't release him either, they'd just end up paying him a lot more money that way then if he is eventually banned/suspended from the league, they don't have any contractual outs at this point. I agree that releasing him would look better but it would just be cosmetic, in the end they're just helping Vick out. At least if he has any performance based salary he couldn't reach it this way

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    The Falcons can't release him either, they'd just end up paying him a lot more money that way then if he is eventually banned/suspended from the league, they don't have any contractual outs at this point.
    Actually I believe they can release him for conduct detrimental to the team. Vick has already been paid his signing bonus money, so it's not like releasing him pays him more bonus money. All it does is accelerate the cap hit from his pro-rated bonus.

That being said, it's unlikely they do so before a verdict, but if I'm the Falcons my mind is already made up. Let Joey Harrington lead you to an upper echelon first round pick in '08, then trade whatever you need to trade to get Brian Brohm reunited with Petrino. Then cut Vick.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Actually I believe they can release him for conduct detrimental to the team. Vick has already been paid his signing bonus money, so it's not like releasing him pays him more bonus money. All it does is accelerate the cap hit from his pro-rated bonus.

That being said, it's unlikely they do so before a verdict, but if I'm the Falcons my mind is already made up. Let Joey Harrington lead you to an upper echelon first round pick in '08, then trade whatever you need to trade to get Brian Brohm reunited with Petrino. Then cut Vick.
    I agree Nick, the Falcons need to move on without Vick and do exactly what you said about getting Brohm.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I highly doubt the NFLPA is going to allow the NFL or team to suspend him without pay when he's not convicted of anything.
    Aren't most suspended players not convicted of anything? Vick is no different than our own Fakhir Brown. He got suspended 4 games.......w/o a federal indictment!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I wonder if Peta is going to file some sort of suit against Vick. I can just see it now, Peta protesters at every Falcon game.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    I wonder if Peta is going to file some sort of suit against Vick. I can just see it now, Peta protesters at every Falcon game.
    I had heard People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA) were to be oputside NFL HQ...
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

jkramsfan Guest

if Vick doesn't take a leave of absence it's going to be tough on the whole team, every where they go,there is going to be a hugh number of people against him and that will take a hugh toll on the team,since they will have to live through it also.So do the right thing for a change Vick and leave the team for the season and give your teammates somewhat of a shot at a normal season.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The Falcons and their fans are in a tough spot. Money talks though and Vick has a contract. I don't think the falcons will take action until the state or federal authorities rule on the charges.

I saw something on tv about Nike thinking about pulling the new Vick sneakers if he is found guilty. I think that Vick will feel the impact of the general public's anger at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

Nike has delayed the release of the new sneakers. they are not going on the shelves as scheduled. however, they have not pulled the sneakers that are on the shelf.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan Guest

Nike seems to be in a tough spot, pulling the sneakers or holding back a new line is the best move from a PR standpoint,but in this crazy world we live in and i'll be damned if I can figure it out,the sneakers would most likely sell out because of the charges against Vick.I guess the younger people call it street cred,makes you wonder where it all went wrong with that generation.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

After what happened with the Duke lacrosse case, my guess is everyone involved here wants to take a wait and see approach before rushing to any rash decisions, despite the fact that things look pretty bad for Vick.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Very short story, but FOX 5 News in Atlanta is reporting that Michael Vick will take a leave of absence from the NFL.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast