ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Vick Pleads Not Guilty

Falcons star QB scheduled for late November trial
    Thursday July 26, 2007 4:15PM

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick pleaded not guilty Thursday to federal dogfighting allegations and was released without bond until a Nov. 26 trial.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback and three others entered their pleas in U.S. District Court to charges involving competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting, and conducting the enterprise across state lines. Federal prosecutors allege the operation -- known as Bad Newz Kennels -- operated on Vick's property in Surry County.

U.S. Magistrate Dennis W. Dohnal, in releasing the defendants without bond, said the judicial system is grounded on the principle that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty "no matter how heinous the allegations may be."

Among the conditions set for all the defendants is that they surrender their passports, that they not travel outside their immediate area without court approval, and that they do not sell or possess any canine.

In addition, Vick was ordered to surrender any animal breeder or kennel license.

Vick arrived at the courthouse at 3 p.m. in a black sport utility vehicle and was booed by a crowd of hundreds as he emerged.

Vick, in a dark suit and blue shirt, looked straight ahead as he walked up the ramp to the courthouse and did not respond to reporters.

The allegations detailed in a graphic, 18-page indictment sparked protests by animal rights groups at the headquarters of the NFL and the Falcons, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has barred Vick from training camp while the league investigates.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said the team wanted to suspend Vick for four games, the maximum penalty a team can assess a player, but the NFL asked him to wait. Instead, Blank has told his embattled player to focus on his legal problems, not football.

Thursday, the Falcons opened their first camp under coach Bobby Petrino.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Vick Pleads Not Guilty

Vick pleads not guilty. Wow that was a huge surprise.:x

I wonder how Vick will look with an orange Home Depot apron on?

general counsel is offline Registered User

charles manson pled not guilty as well. I hope mike vick is preparing for his upcoming vacation in the graybar hotel. I wonder if they will allow him to bring his customized water bottle into the slam.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I've never really been one to wish bad things to people, but I hope he gets the stiffist possible punishment and I hope he get's raped everyday in jail. Unless by some miracle he really is innocent then he is the largest pile of crap to ever play pro ball

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Falcons | Plea deal could mean bad news for Vick
    Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:35:10 -0700

Jeremy Redmon, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports Tony Taylor has a plea agreement hearing scheduled for Monday, July 30. Taylor is one of the men facing federal dog fighting charges along with Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick. The plea hearing could mean Taylor has agreed to cooperate with federal prosecutors. Criminal defense attorney Steven D. Benjamin said, "This could be very bad news for Vick. he is pleading guilty, he is cooperating with the government."
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    I've never really been one to wish bad things to people, but I hope he gets the stiffist possible punishment and I hope he get's raped everyday in jail. Unless by some miracle he really is innocent then he is the largest pile of crap to ever play pro ball
    Easy tiger....let's keep things in perspective. At worst, Vick has no compassion for the canines and has some sort of addiction to gambling and violence. We humans have developed some strong affection for our pets, but most of us eat animals and don't worry about what sort of treatment they get before they hit the dinner table.

Let's try and not wish horrible things for MV. Hopefully the truth will be revealed in due time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    I agree with UtterBlitz that your punishment might be a bit harsh,but you do have every right to say it,I have a hard time trying to figure out how Vick could be so stupid,he had to know this is not normal behavior and If not then take some of your millions and hire someone to teach you right from wrong and common sense because it's pretty clear your parents didn't.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

and in comes joey harrington, star qb for the atlanta falcons. LOL
    :notworking::wtf:

i wonder if they go after culpepper now.

back to the topic though, with this other guy pleading guilty michael is screwed more than ever. bad newz kennels is right

on second thought harrington might not be that bad, but...