Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Vick: Water bottle place to keep jewelry

By STEVE WYCHE
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 03/22/07

Flowery Branch Falcons quarterback Michael Vick said he was carrying jewelry in the 'stash box' of a gimmick water bottle through a security checkpoint at Miami International Airport in January and not anything potentially illegal, including drugs.

In his first remarks regarding the incident in which he was investigated and cleared for any wrongdoing regarding the incident, Vick said he had the bottle with a secret compartment for years to carry his jewelry and that he did not know why airport authorities and police suggested there was the scent or remnants of marijuana in the bottle.

"It was a stash box from my jewelry," Vick said Thursday about the bottle and why he had it. "That's what I told everybody but that wasn't written. Everything else was written about the smell and all that. I sat in the airport for another hour and 30 minutes so if there was something they thought was wrong then they could have come and got me and we could have handled the situation accordingly right on the spot."

Miami police reported to have found a "dark particulant" in the bottle but further examination of the trace element found "no drugs" and the bottle was released as evidence.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Vick: Water bottle place to keep jewelry

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    "It was a stash box from my jewelry," Vick said Thursday about the bottle and why he had it. "That's what I told everybody but that wasn't written. Everything else was written about the smell and all that. I sat in the airport for another hour and 30 minutes so if there was something they thought was wrong then they could have come and got me and we could have handled the situation accordingly right on the spot."
    Hmmm. I guess Mike forgot about being "reluctant" to give up the bottle during the screening process. How hard is it to say, "this is where I hide my jewelry" and then show the screeners off to the side. The whole episode still seems strange to me.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I tried smoking my necklace and bracelet once, but 1. It didn't fit in the bowl, and 2. It didn't burn worth a lick. I mean, I didn't catch a buzz at all. So, all I have to say to "Ron Mexico" is, nice try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

What a liar. No credibility of any kind. Who in their right mind is going to believe that story? If his jewelry was in it, why did he throw it away? Why didnt he just open the container and show the cops his earing. Answer? Simple, he knew that there was weed in the container.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Just another example of Vick's scrambling abilities.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Just another example of Vick's scrambling abilities.
    LOL very true.

Although personally I don't see why MJ is even seen as a banned substance, it decreases your playing ability if anything. I know its an illegal drug. But I don't see how the NFL would care if he had it either way.

ie. look at Ricky Williams, he's amazing and one of the biggest potheads on the go, why else would he come to Canada to play!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm glad none of you would be on a jury of my peers......

Has anyone heard the term "innocent until proven guilty?"

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I know its an illegal drug. But I don't see how the NFL would care if he had it either way.
    The NFL had nothing to do with this situation. Security and law enforcement officials at airports take a dim view of people trying to smuggle illegal substances through checkpoints and on to planes.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I'm glad none of you would be on a jury of my peers......

Has anyone heard the term "innocent until proven guilty?"
    Doesn't this whole episode raise eyebrows Tx? If it was nothing but a misunderstanding and there was really nothing other than jewelry in the hidden compartment, why all the fuss? Why the need for tests? Why was he detained for so long? Sorry, there is something not right here. Another case of Ron Mexico being Ron Mexico.

I don't know....I wasn't there. I know the police have a hard job to do, but please......

Ok, just like I bet 90% of the NFL players are trustworthy and honest, there are maybe 10% of them that draw second looks on things. I know that all policeman aren't honest either. They may have saw that a star player who has had drug issues in the past is trying to pull a fast one and they are going to "get a big collar". If he really did have something on him, they would have busted him. He didn't. However, the media went frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog that he should be disciplined when in actuality he was completely innocent. This time. Not saying he hasn't been guilty in the past, but if he was innocent this time, which it appears he was, where is the retraction from the media? Same place as a three dollar bill......no where.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    By STEVE WYCHE
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 03/22/07

Flowery Branch Falcons quarterback Michael Vick said he was carrying jewelry in the 'stash box' of a gimmick water bottle through a security checkpoint at Miami International Airport in January and not anything potentially illegal, including drugs.

In his first remarks regarding the incident in which he was investigated and cleared for any wrongdoing regarding the incident, Vick said he had the bottle with a secret compartment for years to carry his jewelry and that he did not know why airport authorities and police suggested there was the scent or remnants of marijuana in the bottle.

Miami police reported to have found a "dark particulant" in the bottle but further examination of the trace element found "no drugs" and the bottle was released as evidence.
    Smelly jewelry??? :x

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I don't know....I wasn't there. I know the police have a hard job to do, but please......

Ok, just like I bet 90% of the NFL players are trustworthy and honest, there are maybe 10% of them that draw second looks on things. I know that all policeman aren't honest either. They may have saw that a star player who has had drug issues in the past is trying to pull a fast one and they are going to "get a big collar". If he really did have something on him, they would have busted him. He didn't. However, the media went frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog that he should be disciplined when in actuality he was completely innocent. This time. Not saying he hasn't been guilty in the past, but if he was innocent this time, which it appears he was, where is the retraction from the media? Same place as a three dollar bill......no where.
    Good points Tx but let's face it, Vick has forever made himself into a marked man by doing a lot of stupid things. Maybe that's not fair, but that's the way it is.

Well, I guess there is more than just racial profiling which is sad. I miss the good ole days of a country called America where people used to be innocent until proven guilty. No matter what may have surfaced from their past.

tx, innocent until proven guilty includes the concept of guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt," Vicks own words and actions speak for themselves. The latest statement simply doesnt fit the prior statements or the facts of the case, let alone basic common sense. We are entitled to draw some conclusions based on the circumstances and the evidence. What possible reason would he have for throwing out the bottle with the jewelry in it and why would he wait this long to mention the missing jewelry? I appreciate why he didnt make a statement regarding the alleged drugs, but it makes no sense that neither he nor his lawyer said anything about the jewelry previously, since that type of statement would have been exculpatory regarding the allegation of the drugs.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

So, GC, were you there? He's saying he did mention to the police that it was a jewelry "stash" box and that he sat in the airport for an hour and a half later and no one asked him anything.

I guess jurisprudence changed and I didn't get the memo. I thought all acts of potential illegal activity were based on that activity and if others were connected later so be it. I didn't know that what you did in the past automatically made you guilty unitl proven innocent on acts that just happened.

In that case, I bet a majority of Americans are walking around guilty as we speak just for something they did prior to today.

no, i wasnt there, but i have been in atlanta reading dozens and dozens of articles on this and at no point did any of vics lawyers or representatives say anything about jewelry despite countless statements that he was innocent and countless statements that there was no marijuana. If the jewelry was real, why wouldnt the lawyers have put that story out there did give the public a plausible alternative to believe. The lawyers did not simply say no comment, the issued denials and they never even said the cops tried to frame him. Vicks story today is simply inconsistent with what he and his team have said previously.

I dont believe that i need a confession or an actual film of the guy committing an act to make an informed conclusion as to whether he is telling the truth or not. And past behavior is relevant in determining charachter. This isnt a court of law we are talking about with the rules of evidence, this is simply a question of whether the facts and circumstances lead a reasonable person to believe that he is telling the truth.

could the cops be lying? Sure, its possible. I just dont believe it. I personally cant get over why he would throw the bottle away, a fact he didnt deny for months, if it had anything of value to him in it unless he was also trying to hide something.

I believe that there was weed in the bottle. That is a personal belief, but i admit on that point there is limited evidence. Its the jewelry story that i find impossible to believe at this point.

Note in closing that i work with a guy that lives two blocks from vick in the same residential development of upscale homes. Its no secret that there is weed being smoked in that house, the smell doesnt lie.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast