throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Vick: 'You Can't Design A Defense To Stop Me'

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Re: Vick: 'You Can't Design A Defense To Stop Me'

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I think some of your comments have been equally silly. The shoulda/woulda/coulda about the GB game, for a start. A few plays here or there almost always determine games. There are plenty of thoroughly obnoxious Philly fans as there are anywhere but Eagles fans in particular have a habit of talking a lot of trash in my experience, inc about their own players. Not sayin' you are one of them but you can't counter a generalization with another one.
    The results of pre-season games mean nothing but not having Maclin or deSean on the field through most of a shortened off-season can't help. And that O-line is a hot mess. It's not like you have Tra Thomas and Runyon waiting in the wings, is it ? Nor would I be brimming with confidence to see my MLB being rotated out on passing downs even in a pre-season game.

There is certainly still a talent gap between the two teams but there are only a handful of players left from that '08 disaster.
    I'm not saying my team is going to destroy your team and that I don't have concerns with the OLINE. I do, but I had more concern LAST year when it came to the Oline. It was dreadful. I'm not too concerned about Maclin and DeSean not being on the field during the short TC or Preseason. They'll be just fine. Regarding the GB Game, the point I was making there was that we weren't even supposed to be there. It was the beginning of our rebuilding, yet somehow those guys pulled together and made it to the playoffs. I was very pleased! It was a pleasant surprise. And you're right.. a lot of should've, would'ves etc, but I wasn't making excuses. My point was that no one thought we would even be in that situation to begin with and yet we did it.

All I am going to say is good luck on Sunday. May both teams play hard and come out of it without injuries.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PA_gal_in_OK View Post
    I'm not saying my team is going to destroy your team and that I don't have concerns with the OLINE. I do, but I had more concern LAST year when it came to the Oline. It was dreadful. I'm not too concerned about Maclin and DeSean not being on the field during the short TC or Preseason. They'll be just fine. Regarding the GB Game, the point I was making there was that we weren't even supposed to be there. It was the beginning of our rebuilding, yet somehow those guys pulled together and made it to the playoffs. I was very pleased! It was a pleasant surprise. And you're right.. a lot of should've, would'ves etc, but I wasn't making excuses. My point was that no one thought we would even be in that situation to begin with and yet we did it.

All I am going to say is good luck on Sunday. May both teams play hard and come out of it without injuries.
    Sorry to have sounded so chippy. It just seemed like you were implying a lot of trash-talking from this board which I think is mercifully not true. We'll be optimistic till the fat lady sings but most of us are smart enough to know we aren't on a par with The Eagles yet. We are, however, better than just Sam and Steven Jackson, too, which is largely we've been hearing from all & sundry including Philly fans. It wears on a person. Talking about how we hope to show it on Sun & why we think we can is why we come here.

Vick certainly had a magical year. I'm not a huge fan- the dog stuff is still hard for me to forgive- but he's an amazing athlete to come back like he has. You'll have to forgive a Rams fan from laughing a little at you using the term "rebuilding" for what The Eagles are going through. Says a lot about the relative stability and leadership of the two organizations over the last decade.

Ditto to you on an injury free game & I'm happy to hear that Maclin & Patterson seem to have got through their health scares.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PA_gal_in_OK View Post
    I'm sorry, let say I know more people on your team.. I was being sarcastic. I mean since we Eagles Fans don't know any other players.. I mean like Laurenitis (sp?) or Chris Long or Sims Walker, Josh Brown and wait,,,, maybe even another former Eagle... Quinten Mikell..... or any of those players... I mean Hell I'm a woman, what do I know about football right?

Look seriously, I'm married to a Rams fan, AlphaRam, how could I not know any of the players... LMFAO!!!! Trust me, you can ask many people on this board about how much I know about the Rams players and trust me when I say, they can verify I know who the hell they are. The fact of the matter is, though, that this team that you have now, is not the elite team of the Greatest show on Turf, with holt, bruce, or Faulk.

Oh, and since I am told to be knitting, why don't you grow a real set and not assume that a woman who is a fan of another team doesn't know about players from other teams. ;-) OK SWEETY??????????
    I didnt mean to hurt your feelings, the woman thing was me just winding you up for calling me stupid. Id just got in from a club so I was a little fractious to say the least, I knew it would piss you off.!
    Sometimes on these forums, the wrong word here or a poor explanation can be misconstrued completely. I think we have both been a bit guilty here of over reacting. Just for the record, all I was trying to say was, I bet some of the Eagle fans are fed up with some of the predictions of the lowly Rams beating their team.?

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    I didnt mean to hurt your feelings, the woman thing was me just winding you up for calling me stupid. Id just got in from a club so I was a little fractious to say the least, I knew it would piss you off.!
    Sometimes on these forums, the wrong word here or a poor explanation can be misconstrued completely. I think we have both been a bit guilty here of over reacting. Just for the record, all I was trying to say was, I bet some of the Eagle fans are fed up with some of the predictions of the lowly Rams beating their team.?
    Trust me, I'm an Eagles fan born and raised only about an hour and a half north of Philly, you aren't going to hurt my feelings. I know all about these boards since I've been a member here for a good number of years. I've put up with my share of jabbing, etc... hell here in a few hours I will be at the bash and deal with it some more. I'm a pretty good sport about things and can jab just as fast and hard as the rest of them.

Regarding the Eagles fans, there are really two types. 1. The realists and 2. The arseholes, just like you have in any team. Unfortunately the EMB (Eagles Message Board) has far too many arseholes that spew in the Talk about the Eagles section of the board. Most of those arseholes are bandwagon fans or are young kids that really don't know a lot of the history of the team or get how things work within a football organizations. The Realists have been with the team through thick and thin all of their lives. They truly bleed green. They know where their team's weaknesses lie, they know their strengths. They know their opponents. So when fans of opposing teams go over their fishing for material to laugh about, they are finding the true arseholes and unfortunately the reputation of the realists pay. It is what it is. So some Eagles fans may be upset and confused that the Rams are picked the win, the realists know that it could happen and don't undermine the possibility.

Good luck to you and your team tomorrow.
    Last edited by PA_gal_in_OK; -09-10-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12