Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Warner Another...

300 + yards passing 3 TD's!!! AZ looking like it's on its way to the postseason and nobody in the west has anything to say about it!

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Warner Another...

32/42, 328yds, 3TD

Again, magically, the sycophants are falling all over each other to see who can sing Kurt's praises the loudest.

I am, and have been since he was a Ram, a big fan of the man but it never ceases to amaze me how the talking heads who cover the NFL are so quick to latch onto the player du jour and just as quick to drop said player and fawn over whomever is the 'man' when said player falters.

I wish Kurt all the luck in the world as he pursues an induction to the HOF and I hope he chooses (is allowed?) to wear the horns if he makes it.

I am not a Tards fan but am and will always be a Warner fan.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    I am not a Tards fan
    I was for tonight, man hate dem whiners!!! glad they lost!!! how did they get on MNF?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

pikers is offline Registered User

Anyone that still thinks dropping him after everything he did for us really should keep their stats and opinions to themselves.

One thing stats NEVER bear out is heart and drive. The man will not quit, unlike a certain Rams starter we might know of.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by pikers View Post
    Anyone that still thinks dropping him after everything he did for us really should keep their stats and opinions to themselves.

One thing stats NEVER bear out is heart and drive. The man will not quit, unlike a certain Rams starter we might know of.
    Oh, WOW! Now that's hittin' below the Bulger....I mean belt!

DistantRam is offline Registered User

That stat they showed about 45% of Warner's starts producing 300+ yards was amazing, especially when you consider that the second highest is 28% by Hall Of Famer Dan Fouts. Kurt should be in the HOF when the time comes: had he followed a more traditional route to NFL stardom or played for one of the "glamour" franchises, there'd be no question that he's a future HOFer.

BettorFan is offline Registered User

Warner is an amazing QB and I hope they have a chance to contend in the playoffs.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by pikers View Post
    That's the beauty of a message board - people are allowed to voice their opinions and accompanying support regardless of who agrees with it. People who disagree with you are more than welcome to share their opinions on this subject, just as you're allowed to voice your own.

With that said, I think part of the reason Kurt Warner is finding success in Arizona is because of the journey he's been on. And part of that journey was leaving St. Louis and Mike Martz to go rebuild himself on other teams.

I personally think there's little reason to believe Warner would have a triple-digit passer rating if he were playing on the Rams this year. He likely would have more than 16 sacks on his nine-game '08 résumé as well. He's in a great situation in Arizona where he has two of the league's best receivers to throw to and a solid enough offensive line in front of him.

That being said, I wish him the best when he's not playing the Rams and look forward to likely being able to watch him in the playoffs.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I personally think there's little reason to believe Warner would have a triple-digit passer rating if he were playing on the Rams this year.
    This is true, however, I personally don't think we would be in half of this mess right now had we kept him. We would not have got to this low point as an organization. Since there has been no cohesiveness in the Front Office, Warner would have remained the face of this organization. Instead we've had no identify for 2-3 years now.

As long as Brett Favre was on the Packers, the glue was there to hold things together. Same thing would have been true with Kurt Warner, IMHO.

labber1000 is offline Registered User

im sure soon he will get hit in the head and lose it all like he did in st louis. then like you say he will quickly be forgotten.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    This is true, however, I personally don't think we would be in half of this mess right now had we kept him. We would not have got to this low point as an organization. Since there has been no cohesiveness in the Front Office, Warner would have remained the face of this organization. Instead we've had no identify for 2-3 years now.

As long as Brett Favre was on the Packers, the glue was there to hold things together. Same thing would have been true with Kurt Warner, IMHO.
    Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't think Warner's presence on this team does anything to negate the mess that is our front office or how it's viewed by those who have even a casual knowledge of the situation. He'd just be another guy caught up in it, IMO.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Let me start off by saying that I am, always have been, and always will be a Kurt Warner fan. However...

Since we got rid of him, he has struggled with injuries, been benched for both Eli Manning and Matt Leinart, and played very mediocre football just as often as he has played well.

Bulger on the other hand has played in 2 pro bowls and reached 1000 completions faster than any QB in NFL history.

Including this season, since Kurt left Bulger has played in more games (58), thrown for more yards (14,327) and thrown more TD passes (76) than Warner (49, 12,321, 69).

The last two times we have been to the playoffs it has been Bulger playing behind center. Warner has not been back to the playoffs since leaving the Rams.

By no means am I saying that Bulger is better than Warner. Last season and especially this season Warner has proved that he is still in the upper echelon of NFL QB's, while Bulger has left a lot to be desired. But I think anyone who says we made a huge mistake releasing Warner and moving forward with Bulger is way off the mark. For the most part Bulger has played very well for this team and I don't think its fair to call him a failure just because he hasn't played at a pro bowl level on an AWFUL Rams team the last two seasons.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If all the games started by Marc Bulger in the last few years were instead started by Kurt Warner he'd be retired by now with post-concussion syndrome.

Am I happy for him now? No. I hate the Cardinals, and I wish their QB had a rating of 37.2.

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

You never liked Warner.. I think he's to much of a Boy Scout for your liking

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If all the games started by Marc Bulger in the last few years were instead started by Kurt Warner he'd be retired by now with post-concussion syndrome.

Am I happy for him now? No. I hate the Cardinals, and I wish their QB had a rating of 37.2.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey View Post
    You never liked Warner.. I think he's to much of a Boy Scout for your liking
    Right. When Warner was the Rams' QB and leading them to 2 Super Bowls, I hated him because he's a nice guy. I spent every Sunday saying to myself "why must we win with this guy?"
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -11-18-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast