Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Warner, Big Red would be a match made in heaven

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    What gives here with some of you?
    Not sure what you mean.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Sorry, I'm not going to cheer for a Cardinal. I'm not going to cheer for Wistrom, a Seahawk. It's as simple as that. When it's outside the division, I wish them well... unless they're competition for a wild card spot. But with teams inside the West, I want to see them fail. It gives the Rams more of a cushion.
    Exactly Nick! After last season and how close the Cards finished to us. I hope each and every team in our division loses every game unless we have clinched the division and their victories only aid our ablility to play at home thru the playoffs no matter how great their players were in a RAMS uniform. Period.

RAMS fans should want to dominate and not share our hard earned recent wealth since 1999 with nobody (consider the early nineties before rebutting!)!

I hope we stomp everyone's butt's!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone
    Exactly Nick! After last season and how close the Cards finished to us. I hope each and every team in our division loses every game unless we have clinched the division and their victories only aid our ablility to play at home thru the playoffs no matter how great their players were in a RAMS uniform. Period.
    That's pretty much where I am. Warner or not, I hope the Cards crash and burn this season, just like I did last season, and the season before, and... you get the idea.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamTime Guest

Who gives a rat's a$$ about the cardinals. Anyone that would defect to the cardinals because of one player was never a Rams fan to begin with. Although I did not like what happened with Warner, it's done and over. Bernie is trying to stir the coals of a drowned campfire. This article is worthy of a tabloid journalism award.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    Who gives a rat's a$$ about the cardinals. Anyone that would defect to the cardinals because of one player was never a Rams fan to begin with. Although I did not like what happened with Warner, it's done and over. Bernie is trying to stir the coals of a drowned campfire. This article is worthy of a tabloid journalism award.
    Couldn't agree more. However, I think there is a difference between rooting for an individual and the team he's on. I personally hope Warner does well. He's a cinderella story that had his greatest success in St. Louis. He's a stand-up guy. While other athletes are out assisting drug deals or being accomplices to murder, this guy starts a foundation to make children's video. He's a likeable guy who will forever be a significant part of Rams history. Cheering for him is not the same as cheering for his team. I've yet to hear of anyone jumping to the Cards bandwagon because of Warner, just as last year nobody jumped to the Giants bandwagon because of Warner. Bernie has made a mistake in judgement with this one. You CAN cheer on a player and hope for his personal success w/o being a fan of the team he's on.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Bad
    Egotistical
    Reporting
    Never
    Is
    Ending

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

It is possible for Warner to have a good season, and the Cards have a lousy one. In fact, I see just that happenning. After all, it is going to be real difficult for the Cardinals to win, especially against us when Claibourne is busy handing out sacks against 'em....
    Personally, I thank KW for what he did with the Rams. That's why he has a place in my "Rams Shrine" next to Deacon Jones and Henry Ellard. However, the family and I have moved on. Bulger is our QB now. And if he ever moves on, we will have another QB. Bulger will then be a part of that shrine.
    I do wish him success...limited success, that is. I do want to see the deadbirds win a few games....I think it would be good if they swept Seattle, and held the Farty Whiners down, too. A 4-12 record for our division rivals would satisfy me....and I would rather see the cards beat the whiners and seachickens than to watch them lose.
    As far as Bernie's reporting goes...he is about as believable as those people who write about bigfoot and the nordic UFO visitors being real....I swear the guy is drain bamaged.... :tongue:

moklerman is offline Registered User

"True Fan". So many seem to wear that title like a badge of honor. It's a self-imposed honor of course, but these fans look down their nose at anyone who doesn't live and die with their particular team. But that isn't good enough in some cases. If you haven't been a fan since 1970 then you just aren't as good if you've only been a fan since 1990. But even if you've been a fan as long as someone else, you aren't "as good" because you didn't go to as many live games or have as many pieces of memorabilia or you didn't name enough of your kids after former players.

It's all pretty ridiculous to me. I'm a football fan. The part of football that entertains me is some form of continuity. It used to be, you could focus on one team for that particular fix. For the most part, the team would resemble it's former self from year to year and you could pledge allegiance to what that team represented. I grew up idolizing the Rams and I was as die-hard about them as it get's. They'll always be in my sports heart but "team's" don't really have what I learned to look for in following sports anymore. Other than the team uniform or colors, the only form of consistancy the Rams offer is ownership...and I can't stand Georgia. The front office is a bit of a mess too, but all in all, I'm really not interested in the business end of football. The product on the field is what I'm looking at.

To that end, I have lost a lot of passion for the Rams over the last few years. I've tried to identify why I'm even a Rams fan in the first place. You know what I came up with? Vince Ferragamo. He was the guy that just grabbed my attention and got me into football. My dad was a Cowboys fan but I never really got interested in Dallas. Then I saw the Rams, led by Ferragamo beat the Cowboys. The colors, the look, the underdog, I don't know what it was, but the Rams were the seed that started it all. But I've come to realize that my perception was 180 degrees out from what I was actually looking for.

People chide those that follow a player rather than stay blindly faithful to a team. But I know exactly what I'm getting with a player. In this case, Warner represents almost everything that's important to my football watching. He's a qb, he carries himself well, he's well-spoken, not a spoiled athlete/criminal, etc. When it comes to supporting and following a team/player, it's a lot more concise and specific to follow a player in my opinion. I'll always keep track of the Rams but other than sentimental value, there are so many different areas of conflict with the team right now it's hard for me to root for them as a whole. I wonder why it's expected by some of you to devote yourself to the team? What do you owe it?

I'm just curious and looking for some conversation. I know it's hard/impossible to divorce yourself from what seems so natural but I really wonder why we all feel so obligated to stay handcuffed to an organization? For me, watching the Rams through the '80's and '90's, being focused on the qb position I was always hoping that the Rams would get a good one. Jim Everett came along and I was pretty pleased. Then there was a drought and then Warner came along. It made me think. I spend a lot more time waiting for something good to happen to the team. After a few games, reverting to the yearly "wait 'til next year" thoughts, hoping things might turn around. When following a player though, it doesn't matter if it's preseason, regular season, playoffs or pro-bowl. I can enjoy those games because I'm following the player. Warner has roots with the Rams which makes it enjoyable for me on a nostalgic level but it doesn't matter who he plays for and I get to enjoy a wide variety of players and situations that illuminate the league for me.

Now, I get to pay attention to the Cardinals next year. I'll get to see how some of their high draft picks and stud wide receivers look on a weekly basis. The same goes for 2004. I would have never taken the time to watch Tiki Barber or appreciate what he's capable of doing. I'll always hang my hat with the Rams just because I'm too ingrained with the ideas of loyalty but I certainly enjoy the NFL a lot more now that I'm comfortable about migrating to teams that have players that I root for.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I still Like Warner but I will never be a Card Fan! Still wish he would have went to the Lions! Just got a weird feeling about him being in our division, Kinda like all those years the whiners made stars out of our guys! hope we still have all our ass'es at the end of the year!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Aries51 is offline Registered User

No way do I root for the Big Dead,but having Warner in the same division will make for some exciting football and some drama as well,especially when Arizona comes to the ED.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Ramantix is offline Registered User

I Can Hear It Now....

...the scurrying of little TV exec. feets as they rushed to the Program Scheduling board:::

Rams vs Cardinals! Rams vs Cardinals!

"What we need here is controversy, gentlemen. Keep the mics on'em. They're bound to say something we can use!"

:ramlogo:

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Well said Mok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12