AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Warner leaves Seahawk game with groin injury.

No joke here.

Just thought there might be some out there who would like to know this. Josh McCown is now in the game.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Re: Warner leaves Seahawk game with groin injury.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    No joke here.

What a remarkable turn of events.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Almost as remarkable as it would be if you ever posted on a thread that wasn't about Warner, Slade.

:tongue:

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Almost as remarkable as it would be if you ever posted on a thread that wasn't about Warner, Slade.

:tongue:

I know you have a short attention span so I'll help you out. Since you didn't notice, I don't post at all anymore....on any topic....I just return every now and again to keep you in line. Since you're most active on these Warner threads which you claim to despise so much......well here I am too.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

I think I have a stalker! LOL

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Don't all Lawyers have at least one stalker???

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Cardinals | Warner Likely to Miss Two Weeks - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:39:27 -0700

Updating a previous report, Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner (groin) will likely miss the next two games, although Cardinals head coach Dennis Green is not saying for sure until final tests are performed.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman is offline Registered User

Nick, I've heard everything from a week on to 8+ weeks. I guess a groin injury is hard to really be certain about but there's gotta be some other reason for the Cardinals not to make any kind of real statement on the injury.

I haven't heard any of the reports mention a tear, so I'm hoping he'll be back after the bye. This week is way to early to come back and even if he was close next week there's no way they would put him out there against the Panthers. That would be cruel and unusual punishment for a guy coming back from a groin problem.

The problem for Warner either way the ball bounces is what is he really going to be playing for when he get's back? If the Card's win 1 or 2 of the games going into the bye, would they really want to make a qb switch? If they lose both of those games, then what's the point of putting a qb out there at 0-5? I'm sure they'd be playing for the first pick in next year's draft at that point.

Of course, the third option is that at 0-5, Warner comes back and leads them to 10 wins in a row. Yeah, that's the ticket. 10 wins a row.

I was listening to Sirius radio the other day, and I guess Dennis Green was on. I didn't hear the interview, but only tuned in later in the show, and I guess the host implied that Green thought Warner might be out longer than expected. Hopefully there is official word soon.

QB shift no worry to Green
    Cards coach stresses his system; Warner out 4 weeks
    Odeen Domingo
    The Arizona Republic
    Sept. 29, 2005 12:00 AM

It's never been about the quarterback for Cardinals coach Dennis Green.

It's always been about the system.

Green coached the Minnesota Vikings into postseason play eight times in 10 seasons, with seven different quarterbacks.

In his second season with the Cardinals, Green has his system in place.

The parts, however, don't appear interchangeable, so where does that leave the 0-3 Cardinals?

The team signed fourth-year veteran Rohan Davey as the No. 3 quarterback on Wednesday, after placing defensive tackle Russell Davis on injured reserve to open a roster spot.

Davis will have season-ending surgery on his left biceps, injured Sunday at Seattle.

Quarterback Kurt Warner strained his right groin in Seattle, and he is likely out until at least Week 7, elevating Josh McCown to starting quarterback and John Navarre to backup and necessitating the signing of Davey.

Team doctors told Warner his strain is a four-week injury, and Warner said Wednesday that Davey's signing doesn't mean the injury is more serious.

"I'm more optimistic today than I was before, and I was pretty optimistic what they told me before," he said, laughing.

McCown has experience in the No. 1 position. He started the first nine games last season before Green experimented with Shaun King and Navarre at quarterback.

After three straight losses, Green went back to McCown, who has a 7-9 record as a starter.

"I've (started 16) games in my career that I feel like I can draw on, and I can feel like I can be effective," McCown said of preparing to face San Francisco (1-2) on Sunday in Mexico City.

Davey, whom the Patriots drafted 36 spots after the Cardinals chose McCown in 2002, said he signed with Arizona because he feels the offense plays to his strengths.

"There are young players here, and I'm a young player myself," said Davey, 27. "Somewhere along the line if I get the opportunity to get in there and work with these guys, hopefully I'll show what I can do."

Details of Davey's contract were not disclosed, but it is likely for only one year.

Warner, 34, and McCown, 26, will be unrestricted free agents after the season.

Navarre, 25, is a seventh-round draft pick who threw four interceptions in his lone career start as a rookie last season. His contract expires after next season.

Forget this season: Who's the face, and the arm, of this franchise's future?

McCown said he's not thinking that far ahead.

"I just want to go out and play well for my teammates and for my coaches and go get wins," he said. "If they want me to be around here, so be it. And if that works out, that works out. I haven't really thought about that. I'm just worried about the fact that we're going out of the country and playing against a good football team."

this is week 4, week 5 is against Carolina, week 6 is a bye so that's pretty much what I was already resigned to. Week 7 sounds pretty long but he'll only miss 2 full games (plus what he missed when he was injured). It won't affect the Card's (non)chance's at the playoffs either way, so bringing him back, possibly too early, against a team like Carolina was never really an option in my mind.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    this is week 4, week 5 is against Carolina, week 6 is a bye so that's pretty much what I was already resigned to. Week 7 sounds pretty long but he'll only miss 2 full games (plus what he missed when he was injured). It won't affect the Card's (non)chance's at the playoffs either way, so bringing him back, possibly too early, against a team like Carolina was never really an option in my mind.
    The cruel irony is that when Warner comes back, he'll still be playing behind a bad offensive line, running for his life, with no ground game to take the heat off. Kurt just can't seem to catch a break. The Cardinals are done IMO.

Kurt would have been better off he not signed with anyone during the offseason. If you think about it, he could be the starting QB on the Jets right now!

I've thought about that and on the surface it seems like it would be a lot better situation. But, the have lost two qb's already so I don't know how ell they can protect the qb either. Plus, they have to play the Dolphins, Patriots and Bills defenses twice per year in really bad weather. Not what Warner needs to succeed.

No, I think if he had gone with Detroit, he would be starting by now. Harrington doesn't looke like he's ever going to get over the hump and they have a better line than the Card's by far. Better wr's, too.

Think if he'd had signed with Chicago, too. He'd be starting there for sure - heck, he would have entered the season as the starter after Grossman went down. That said, not sure if it's a better situation than Arizona, but still something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    True, but keep in mind the article said "at least" until Week 7. It could be longer, but it's fortunate that the bye is in there.