Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Warner lighting it up!

For everyone who thought Warner was washed up needs to watch KW just having a hay day against the ****** He looks great! can't help it I have always believed that MM should have been canned instead of KW! I love MB but, he is NO KW!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Warner lighting it up!

Warner is having himself a great day. Why that can't be said without trying to revive the Warner/Bulger debate though, I have no idea.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Warner is indeed looking awesome these days. He's my all-time favorite player, but worrying about what happened in the past is an exercise in futility. I just hope when I'm in Cardinal Stadium in two weeks, our defense can make him look like Jake Plummer.

It would seem while Warner was outstanding throwing the ball today, his propensity for fumbling remains. Three fumbles, one lost.

And now the Whiners recover an onside kick and have a chance to tie. Yikes!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

whiners couldn't get it done. What a shame.

You're right Nick, Warner still gets a little careless with the ball while he's in the pocket, but his other stats were pretty impressive:

23/37, 301 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT's. They certainly don't have a red zone problem down in Arizona.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

I'm a Warner fan, but the ***** are not the Broncos. I fully expect Bulger and Jackson to visit the endzone repeatedly when playing the lowly niners.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

While I'm no fan of Warner, I've never felt that he was washed up.

I have to be honest, though - I think he's going to get killed by a team with an NFL caliber pass rush.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

thursday is offline Registered User

Warner will do well this year with Boldin, Fitzgerald and James. He always had the tools to be a top QB.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Warner will have to light it up for this team to be successful.

I got to watch this team and I tell you what. Their defense looked soft as heck and their o-line looked awful. It would be a miracle if Warner makes it to week 5. James will not be a factor against a good defense. It will again lye on the QB's shoulder in Arizona. The Cards have been over-hyped again.

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Warner will have to light it up for this team to be successful.

I got to watch this team and I tell you what. Their defense looked soft as heck and their o-line looked awful. It would be a miracle if Warner makes it to week 5. James will not be a factor against a good defense. It will again lye on the QB's shoulder in Arizona. The Cards have been over-hyped again.
    Agreed. James averages less than 3 yards a carry against the *****. Not exactly what you paid him millions for.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Warner is my #1 sports hero. He is still the man. If he had an O line to help him out he would be unstoppable for a few more years. Since he never did with the Rams, he got hurt often and got the injury prone/over-the-hill/washed up wrap and delegated to the bench. Not surprisingly he wanted to go somewhere he could start and make a difference. He is still a viable threat every game to do amazing things. Lienhart is very fortunate he can learn the NFL system under such a great QB.

Too bad I started Palmer on my FFL team today and kept Warner on the bench I watch the Cards play and can't help but cheer for Warner. He has worked very hard and deserves all the credit for his success....that and the excellent receiving cores he has had to throw to :P
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -09-10-2006 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Warner is indeed looking awesome these days. He's my all-time favorite player, but worrying about what happened in the past is an exercise in futility. I just hope when I'm in Cardinal Stadium in two weeks, our defense can make him look like Jake Plummer.
    Nic this wasnt to start a Warner/Bulger debacle . I was just stating that KW was never washed up and ole' MM didnt know what he was doing by benching KW in the beginning! Its water under the bridge but, as a Ram fan i truly wished he was still leading this teamis all. MB is a favorite of mine as well its just that I personnallly prefer KW as a starting qb then MB would be right behind him. I love MB ads a qb and a Ram just dont agree with MM's decisions and i'm not trying to bring up a debate of Warner/ Bulger just voicing my own opinion on Kurt as a player. Marc has done nothing wrong for me to scrutinize him. I'll support him as long as he is a Ram and gets things done as a player. Just made a comment that Kurt was playing well still

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Warner is my #1 sports hero. He is still the man. If he had an O line to help him out he would be unstoppable for a few more years. Since he never did with the Rams, he got hurt often and got the injury prone/over-the-hill/washed up wrap and delegated to the bench. Not surprisingly he wanted to go somewhere he could start and make a difference. He is still a viable threat every game to do amazing things. Lienhart is very fortunate he can learn the NFL system under such a great QB.

Too bad I started Palmer on my FFL team today and kept Warner on the bench I watch the Cards play and can't help but cheer for Warner. He has worked very hard and deserves all the credit for his success....that and the excellent receiving cores he has had to throw to :P
    My thoughts exactly

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I have to admit I do keep an eye on KW to see how he's playing. I to wonder why he has all the problems with fumbles ? Take the fumbles out of the equation and he had a great game vs 9ers. I want KW to do well except when he plays us. I also don't want to see the man get injured, would like to see what his numbers would be if he played a full 16 game season. I wouldn't over react to the Cards inability to run the ball just yet. It's only 1 game in a long season.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Not that it makes much of a difference, but Warner fumbles a lot because he get's hit/sacked a lot. If you look at his fumbles per sack, he's about average. Not a ringing endorsement, but hardly a cause for concern. Yes, he'll try and make something happen and leave the ball exposed but if you look at the actual fumbles from yesterday, only one of them was a careless play on his part(in my opinion).

Let's look at an example from yesterday. Tom Brady fumbled twice and lost one of them in 23 pass attempts. Carson Palmer fumbled twice and lost one of them in only 19 pass attempts. Warner passed 37 times and lost one out of three.

Now, I'm not saying that Warner never had issues with protecting the ball or being physically capable of holding on to it when his thumb was injured. At this point however, I think he's just involved in so many passing plays and such mediocre o-line protection that fumbles are just a by-product of the environment and not a physical or habitual problem on Warner's part.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast