Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Warner lighting it up!

I love Warner, but he has a problem with holding on to the ball. He is so intent on making plays, he sometimes stays in the pocket too long and gets hit, resulting in fumbles. But if anyone thinks he's soft and can't take a blow, they're not paying attention. The guy is tough as nails and repeatedly picks himself up after getting pummeled and continues to make things happen.

I watched the entire game on Sunday and he had a quick releaase and was very effective despite consistent pressure. If he can stay healthy, he just might be able to play himself into, dare I say it, the Hall of Fame. A lot of OL concerns in Arizona though.

moklerman is offline Registered User

As much as I'd like to see Warner make the Hall, he's going to have to do something really special to get in. As it stands right now, the only way I see him getting in is if he leads the Cardinals to a Super Bowl win. I don't think I'll hold my breath on that one.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I'm just not sure Warner will play long enough and keep the numbers up to get into the Hall. That's the knock on Terrell Davis, he didn't play long enough, even though his numbers make him a hall of famer.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I'm just not sure Warner will play long enough and keep the numbers up to get into the Hall. That's the knock on Terrell Davis, he didn't play long enough, even though his numbers make him a hall of famer.
    You're absolutely right ramsbruce, how long Warner plays will be the key factor. If he can stay heathy, he'll get the numbers, but he's going to need three or four more good years. He's already within' striking distance of being on a par numbers wise with guys like Namath, Bradshaw, and Stabler, but the process is tougher these days. He has an amazing base to work off of though with some amazing single season accomplishments, a few NFL records, a few MVP's, A SB MVP, a few Pro Bowls and that glorious SB win.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Not to mention of course, that when the Cards start to drop games like hot stones, Leinart will start to get prominent in KW's rear view mirror. No matter how well KW plays this season, or next for that matter, his days in AZ are numbered if only because they have Leinart on the bench.

This could be KW's last season to make hay, never mind the hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Not to mention of course, that when the Cards start to drop games like hot stones, Leinart will start to get prominent in KW's rear view mirror. No matter how well KW plays this season, or next for that matter, his days in AZ are numbered if only because they have Leinart on the bench.

This could be KW's last season to make hay, never mind the hall.
    That's a distinct possibility, but Warner has been able to repeatedly keep his career alive, despite being routinely left for dead. There's no denying the man is special.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Sorry if this has already been posted in this thread, but Kurt Warner was named NFC offensive player of the week for week 1. Congratulations to Kurt on this wonderful accomplishment.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

For everyone who thought Warner was washed up needs to watch KW just having a hay day against the ****** He looks great! can't help it I have always believed that MM should have been canned instead of KW! I love MB but, he is NO KW!
    He had a great game against a crappy ****** defense. I don't think he will have this kind of success against the RAMS.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Not that it makes much of a difference, but Warner fumbles a lot because he get's hit/sacked a lot. If you look at his fumbles per sack, he's about average. Not a ringing endorsement, but hardly a cause for concern.
    Seven fumbles (eight sacks) in two games thus far, I think that's a bit concerning no matter how you look at it. I don't know many other QBs right now that have a near 1:1 fumble to sack ratio. The closest player I know of is David Carr with a 1:3 ration. Even Daunte Culpepper, sacked ten times thus far with a history of ball protection problems that are certainly extending into this season, only has a 1:5 fumble to sack ratio thus far. Maybe a week ago you could try to ignore those fumbles, but two weeks in a row of Warner not being able to hang onto the ball even if he's getting hit a lot is definitely cause for concern.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

The Niner game I would disagree with you, the Seahawk game I would agree. Warner has been making a conscious decision to leave the ball hanging out there recently. From my fantasy news:

Rotoworld) QB Kurt Warner is working to protect the ball better after fumbling seven times in the first two games.
    Impact: Warner lost two of the seven fumbles. "The thing that I have to continue to work on is realizing when it's time to just tuck the ball and take a sack as opposed to trying to avoid a guy and make a play down the field," Warner said. Another part of the problem is that the Cardinals' offensive line is having a hard time keeping defenders off him.

So, I don't know what's more cause for concern. If a player just has a problem with fumbles(Tiki in the past) or is aware of security issues and chooses to take the risk? In either case, it is cause for concern in that Warner will have to put some thought toward correcting the problem during game action. Any time a qb's got to think while playing, isn't a good thing.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

An excerpt from an SI interview with Marshall Fauk. Full interview here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...cus/index.html

SI: Who's the one quarterback you'd want leading you in a two-minute drive?

Faulk: I'd still have to go with Kurt Warner and that's nothing against Marc Bulger or Peyton. I've played with them and a lot of quarterbacks. Warner is a unique individual. I enjoyed my time playing with him. And he's unique not just because of his ability to throw the ball. I'm talking about as a person, a humanitarian, as a husband, as a man, as a father. He's an all-around great man.

More props for the legendary Kurt Warner. Faulk worked with and played against the best. For him to give the nod to Warner over Manning, Elway, Favre, Marino etc is saying something.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Seven fumbles (eight sacks) in two games thus far, I think that's a bit concerning no matter how you look at it. I don't know many other QBs right now that have a near 1:1 fumble to sack ratio. The closest player I know of is David Carr with a 1:3 ration. Even Daunte Culpepper, sacked ten times thus far with a history of ball protection problems that are certainly extending into this season, only has a 1:5 fumble to sack ratio thus far. Maybe a week ago you could try to ignore those fumbles, but two weeks in a row of Warner not being able to hang onto the ball even if he's getting hit a lot is definitely cause for concern.
    Also the importance of his fumbles go beyond if they are lost or not. Obviously there's the loss of yardage but more importantly the loss of a down and the jeopardy he puts the team in trying to make up the difference.

That's it, I'm done. I can't defend Warner any more. Even if I thought he had something left in the tank, he's lost his teammates with this performance.

Typical Rams luck for me. Warner has turned into such a clown out on the field that I don't even enjoy the memory of the GSOT days. F-ing fluke.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Welcome to the team mok!! I am glad to hear you are finally moving on

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    That's it, I'm done. I can't defend Warner any more. Even if I thought he had something left in the tank, he's lost his teammates with this performance.

Typical Rams luck for me. Warner has turned into such a clown out on the field that I don't even enjoy the memory of the GSOT days. F-ing fluke.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

At the risk of upsetting people, can I suggest that the way he played today is redolent of how he played in his final days with us. Sure, he's going to have the odd good day, but aside from that, this is what you're going to get from him on a relatively consistent basis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast