Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Re: Warner To See Action?

I don't think Tampa Bay is looking for a QB. They just gave Simms a 2 year contract extension so he will be the starter next year.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I don't think they're looking either. That's what their problem is if you ask me. Maybe Simms will put it all together at some point but I don't think so. I think they need a solid vet to come in and spread the ball around. Griese fit that bill but we all know Griese's ceiling of potential. I'm not pushing for Warner to be that guy, just saying in general. I think Warner, speaking hypothetically, should be in a WCO mainly because he would be getting the ball out of his hands quickly and to rb's and te's. Those are both strength's for him. His pocket awareness or refusal to acknowledge a pass rush is really working against him at this point in his career so a WCO seems ideal to me.

I'm anxious to see how the gloves do vs. San Diego. If Warner does well, I think he'll come back. If he get's killed and fumbles and/or throws pick's, I think he hangs 'em up. I'm betting that he didn't anticipate having a chance to play/start agains this year so he get's a free litmus test for what next year might be like. Set your Tivo, Warner fans. This could be it.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Well, he looked very good and sharp today. 68% completion, 356 yards, more than 10 yards per attempt, and a TD. No fumbles or turnovers. Did all he could to give his team a chance to win. I wish he could get another shot with the Cards starting, because since the O-line ACTUALLY PROTECTED HIM, he did well.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Well, he looked very good and sharp today. 68% completion, 356 yards, more than 10 yards per attempt, and a TD. No fumbles or turnovers. Did all he could to give his team a chance to win. I wish he could get another shot with the Cards starting, because since the O-line ACTUALLY PROTECTED HIM, he did well.

When given even a modicum of protection Warner has shown he can yet be a very productive (and dangerous) QB.

But then this could be said for virtually any NFL caliber QB?:\

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12