Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Warner signs with Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Something like this?

Two religious jokes in a row, AV. You're really on a roll today.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Oh, come on... you can't see the humor in Warner (one of the most openly vocal Christians in the NFL) going to a team named the Cardinals? (Saints would have worked too)

Oh, come on... you can't see the humor in Warner (one of the most openly vocal Christians in the NFL) going to a team named the Cardinals? (Saints would have worked too)
    I do indeed see the irony of it all.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I may be in the minority on this one, but I am not looking forward to the two Rams-Cards games next year, and especially the one in St. Louis. Simply because the whole week prior to it, the media is going to make this into a Martz vs. Warner thing. The media will blow up the true stuff and make up the un-true stuff. It's going to be ridiculous. By the time we're ready for the coinflip, TV and newspapers are going to have these two looking like mortal enemies with life-long vendettas.

I think they will be a couple of great games, with an improved Cardinal team and an improved Ram team. The games will be good, I'm just not looking forward to all the "He Said, He Said" leading up to it.

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

I really was hoping heíd not be heading a team that was in our division, but such is life and I wish him well and as much as I love Warner, my loyalty is with my RAMS, thatís just the way it is. Kurt is the first player that I actually became really attached to, so this is gonna be kinda strange. But, the RAMS come first and Iím pretty competitive so Kurt, I love ya dude, but.........well, sorry RAMS all the way!!! :ramlogo:

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    Well, here's his chance to sink or swim. He's had loads of time to recover from those hand problems in his final years here. Last year he put up mediocre numbers in a system with limited potential for big passing plays. If Warner wants to make a strong claim to the Hall of Fame, he'll be looking for a few more years of those gawdy old-time numbers. He's got Fitzgerald and Boldin and a decent pass-catching tight end in Freddie Jones. His head coach was the architect of one of the highest scoring offenses in history ('98 Vikings). The Cardinals defense has never been all that intimidating, but if they land a quality RB in the draft, they might be a bigger threat than the Seahawks next year. I've heard more than one commentator note that the Cards were a high effort team with talent, but they just couldn't seem to get results. The question for Warner and AZ will be if they can't reverse that trend with what they have now, will they ever? I guess we ought to look on the bright side; twice a year we'll get to see both Bulger and Warner in the same game.
    Bulger vs. Warner Now thats an interesting Thought. might be fun to watch and see who has the best stats in those games.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

K.C. doesnt have a better Version Of Martz's Offense,its just that Vermiel is better at running it.AV I think your onto something.You should send your Uniform Ideas to Arizona,or at least post it on their board.
    Last edited by psycho9985; -02-02-2006 at 10:18 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    K.C. doesnt have a better Version Of Martz's Offense,its just that Vermiel is better at running it.
    That's a load on nonsense. Vermiel didn't run the Rams offense in 1999, and he doesn't run it in KC now. Al Saunders, who learned the system under Martz in St. Louis, runs their offense.

The reason the KC offense has been so successful in the past couple of years (exceeding the Rams' peformance to a large degree).... two words: offensive line.

That's a load on nonsense. Vermiel didn't run the Rams offense in 1999, and he doesn't run it in KC now. Al Saunders, who learned the system under Martz in St. Louis, runs their offense.

The reason the KC offense has been so successful in the past couple of years (exceeding the Rams' peformance to a large degree).... two words: offensive line.
    It's easy to compare.

Points per game - Rams 313 points, Chiefs 483 points
    Yards per game - Rams 390 yards, Chiefs 432 yards

So what's the difference?

QB - Marc Bulger vs. Trent Green (I'd call it even)
    RB - Faulk vs. Priest Holmes (Neither can stay healthy, so I'd call it a push)
    FB - Goodspeed vs. Richardson
    TE - Manu vs. Gonzalez
    WR - Holt, Bruce, Curtis, McD vs. Kennison, Morton, Hall, Horn

OL - Pace (16 starts), Nutten (6 starts), McCollum (16 starts), Timmerman (16 starts), Williams (11 starts) vs. Roaf (16 starts), Waters (16 starts), Wiegmann (16 starts), Shields (16 starts), Welbourn (10 starts)

The Chiefs played only 6 games without their intact line unit, and even then they were only missing one component. We never had an established intact line unit.

It's amazing what a solid & consistent O-line can do for an offense.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner -- Rams SB XXXIV

Kurt, dear friend, a heartfelt "Thanks for All The Memories!" to you.

Best wishes. :upset:

rammiser is offline Registered User

I can't wish for Kurt to do well. I am and will always be a die hard Rams fan from the L.A. days. I've seen a lot of good players come and go, and of all of them Kurt did the highest honor for all of us he helped our Rams win a Superbowl :ramlogo: . Those days are behind us and no matter the reason for him leaving Warner is now the enemy. I can't root for him to do well against our D, that would be like rooting on Kevin Carter to drill Bulger. Bulger is our Qb and he's very good. If it wasnt for our crappy defense we would have had a shot last year. Look how far we got with no defense at all. I love Warner for bringing us our only superbowl championship but he is an opponent now and he puts the Cards up higher on the rivalry scale. I mean I dont get it what good does it do any of us to see Warner have a great year? It would create nothing but bitterness between the Warner fanatics and true Rams fans. I don't want to see him do well. I'd like to think his best years were in a Rams uniform and let my great memories of him be as a Rams not watching him torch the Rams as a Cardinal. I'm sure this isnt very popular but it's how I feel and Warner is now the sworn enemy!

GO RAMS RE-TOOL FOR 05 :ramlogo:

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

Would be more fitting if he was Catholic.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser
    I can't wish for Kurt to do well. I am and will always be a die hard Rams fan from the L.A. days. I've seen a lot of good players come and go, and of all of them Kurt did the highest honor for all of us he helped our Rams win a Superbowl :ramlogo: . Those days are behind us and no matter the reason for him leaving Warner is now the enemy. I can't root for him to do well against our D, that would be like rooting on Kevin Carter to drill Bulger. Bulger is our Qb and he's very good. If it wasnt for our crappy defense we would have had a shot last year. Look how far we got with no defense at all. I love Warner for bringing us our only superbowl championship but he is an opponent now and he puts the Cards up higher on the rivalry scale. I mean I dont get it what good does it do any of us to see Warner have a great year? It would create nothing but bitterness between the Warner fanatics and true Rams fans. I don't want to see him do well. I'd like to think his best years were in a Rams uniform and let my great memories of him be as a Rams not watching him torch the Rams as a Cardinal. I'm sure this isnt very popular but it's how I feel and Warner is now the sworn enemy!

GO RAMS RE-TOOL FOR 05 :ramlogo:
    He's just a guy trying to extend his career in the NFL. He happens to be a decent person as well, and those are few and far between in the NFL.
    I can't root for him to do well against our D, that would be like rooting on Kevin Carter to drill Bulger
    I, for one, do not want him to do well against us. Some may, but I personally think that's choosing Warner over the Rams, which I'm not going to do.
    It would create nothing but bitterness between the Warner fanatics and true Rams fans
    Warner doesn't need a good season for that to happen. It will raise it's ugly head all on its own.
    I don't want to see him do well. I'd like to think his best years were in a Rams uniform and let my great memories of him be as a Rams not watching him torch the Rams as a Cardinal.
    I don't want to see him do well against the Rams. However, he is a good guy just trying to do his job well. I wouldn't wish him ill for that.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Well, for a moment, let's just look at the fact that the Cardinals picked up a great QB, and an offensive coordinator to run the scheme he is used to, with 2 exceptionally good (and BIG) WR's.

I would say that, talent wise, the Cards are now a force in both the NFC West, and the NFC in general. In case anyone forgot, they split with the Rams and the Seahawks last year, and also just picked up Okeafer.

The main advantage the Rams offense has against most teams these days is experience - not size, speed or talent. The talent is spread pretty evenly in this league.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Apparently Warner isn't the starter... yet.

Kurt Warner: Will Compete with McCown for Starting Job
    RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
    Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Update: Cardinals' coach Dennis Green did not name
    Warner the starter as his agent claimed, but said he
    and Josh McCown would compete for the staring role,
    the Arizona Republic reports.

Recommendation: "They're going to fight for it," coach
    Green said Monday. "I don't know when we'll say who is
    one, who is two or who is three." Warner will have the
    advantage, and we're guessing he was brought in to
    start and mentor McCown for a season. Agent Mark
    Bartelstein probably spoke out of turn as both players
    are represented by the same agency.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!