Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: Warner signs with Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by RammieGirl
    Theo???!!!!! Your status is "Balanced" now, good job bro!!!! LOL...You are moving up the corporate ladder!!!!!
    I bet that won't be for long, But thanks for noticing Rammiegirl!LOL :redface:

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    But like I said, none of this matters because you guys are all buddy-buddy with each other and nothing's going to change.
    Apparently Dez is looking for additional moderators. You might consider applying if for no other reason than getting control of the edit and delete buttons and wreak havoc from inside the belly of the beast ...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Kind of like you praising AV for "zing"ing me?
    My zing wasn't praise, but just a reaction to the comment. Kind of like had I said, "Ouch!" or "Oh man!" If I wanted to praise Av for his comment, I would have included something like "Nice one, Av!" or "Good job," or some kind of actual words of praise to express that sentiment. So I'm not sure what the correlation is that you're getting at by saying my pointing your hypocrisy out is similar to my saying the word "zing" in response to Av's comment. I didn't slam you. I didn't praise Av for slamming you. I made a comment as a reaction to a statement. How this is the same as you slamming me for pointing out your hypocrisy, I don't know.

Nothing's going to change by me pointing it out or complaining about it.
    See, that's interesting. Because after you pointed it out and complained about it, I made a response that began with my opinion on your posts in this thread, but then in the majority of that response, tried to address your concerns by turning the topic back toward its original theme about the Arizona Cardinals, their signing of Warner, and other steps they could make to improve their team and qualify as a legit threat in the league. I assumed that since you wanted to revert back to talking about football so much - or so I thought based on some replies you made - that you'd jump through the open doorway I presented and respond to the football-related comments. But no, you failed to do so, as much as anyone else in this thread, by responding not to the football-related part of my discussion, but the smaller comment I made about the contradiction between what you said and what you did. So please, don't start crying about how your suggestions or comments are being ignored, because I made a legitimate attempt to solve the problem you presented by stirring this thread back on topic, and you completely ignored it. The way I see it, you have no reason to be upset if you complain about the lack of football discussion but subsequently make no attempt to actually talk about football when the opportunity presents itself.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-10-2005 at 12:05 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its funny that you attribute what has occurred on this thread to me being "buddy-buddy" with Nick. The truth is, Nick and I hate each other. It all started when Nick ran over my dog, Snuffly, while driving to school one day. Thankfully, Snuffly lived, but Nick refused to pay the bills for his medical care. I then egged Nick's house, and he had me arrested. While in jail, I was beaten up by a group of gang members and lost the use of my left eye. I sued Nick, and he is still paying off the damages to this day.

Years later, Nick and I called a truce, but we are hardly buddy-buddy.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The Cardinals currently have Josh McCown and Shaun King as their top two quarterbacks.
    Allrighty then, I'll give this one a try...
    I saw this morning that the Cards have dumped King. So I guess this sets up their depth chart as #1 Warner, #2 McCown, #3 Navarre. Assuming they get one of the top 3 RBs in the 1st round, their offense could be a solid threat.

QB - Warner
    RB - Rookie 1st round
    FB - Ayanbadejo
    WR - Fitzgerald, Johnson, Boldin
    TE - Jones

That is easily the best offense they've put on the field since '93 (Steve Beuerlein, Ron Moore, Larry Centers, Gary Clark, Ricky Proehl) or '84 (Neil Lomax, Ottis Anderson, Stump Mitchell, Roy Green, Pat Tilley, Doug Marsh)

I think the Hawks better watch their six or they're going to be in 3rd behind us and the Cards.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moklerman is offline Registered User

Allrighty then, I'll give this one a try...
    There's speculation right now that the LB from Baltimore and Edgerrin James are both on Arizona's radar. If you add those two guys to their lineup, they won't be just a good Arizona team, they'll be a good team, period.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Hartwell has reportedly signed with Kansas City.

Edgerrin James are both on Arizona's radar
    I wonder what the Cards would have to give up? And why would they when they could get one of the big 3 rookie RBs?

But if they could get James, their offense would really shape up nicely.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moklerman is offline Registered User

I wonder what the Cards would have to give up?
    From what I've read, it won't even take a first round pick. Arizona's got plenty of picks and plenty of cap so, realistically a deal could happen.

I've heard that Hartwell really wants to play for Gunther Cunningham in KC and that they are near completing a deal in principle but Arizona seems pretty aggressive in going after who they want so a last minute "swipe" is always a possibility. I don't even know who their current LB's are but I'm assuming Hartwell would be an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Hartwell has reportedly signed with Kansas City.
    Didn't Bell just sign with KC?

From what I've read, it won't even take a first round pick. Arizona's got plenty of picks and plenty of cap so, realistically a deal could happen.

I've heard that Hartwell really wants to play for Gunther Cunningham in KC and that they are near completing a deal in principle but Arizona seems pretty aggressive in going after who they want so a last minute "swipe" is always a possibility. I don't even know who their current LB's are but I'm assuming Hartwell would be an upgrade.
    They let their long-time MLB McKinnon walk, so Hartwell would certainly be an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Didn't Bell just sign with KC?
    That's correct.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Hartwell would be a huge upgrade since Ronald McKinnon was allowed to test the market; the Cardinals only middle linebacker, to my knowledge is Gerald Hayes. They've got Dansby and Darling on either OLB position. I don't know much about Darling, but Dansby was a rookie in 2004 but still put up a decent year. He should be a solid player for them, and having someone like Hartwell in the middle would only make him better.

My real question is what they're going to do with their secondary. They've added Griffith, but they already have a good SS in Adrian Wilson. Outside of David Macklin, there's nothing in their cornerback unit. While they've improved their front four with the signing of Okeafor, and obviously their offense is going to be better assuming they find a solid starting running back, their linebackers are weaker unless they find a warm body to replace McKinnon, and they're going to get lit up vertically if they can't bring in someone to start opposite of Macklin and a good nickel corner.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Harwell and Bell? What is KC 100,000,000 undre the cap? :upset:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I've stayed out of this for several reasons, and I haven't read one thread on this. Been a little busy. However, I don't care about Warner or the Cardinals.

Their defense can be had with an O line that is healthy. With the nucleus the Rams have and some help from the O line next year, I'll play Arizona every day and twice on Sunday. They STILL aren't better than the Rams.

Warner was decent in NY but he wasn't a QB to fear. Not like he was in STL. Actually, at the end of the year, I thought Eli played head and shoulders above Warner. Additionally, who's to say he's going to beat McCown out for the starting job?