Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Warner signs with Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Not a bad recap of everything that's transpired but I disagree with the above statement. I think the whole point of Warner signing with Arizona, especially for only one year, is that they are going to be running some variation of the Rams/Chiefs offense that Warner is already familiar with. He may be a little rusty from sitting the last half of 2004 but other than terminology, I think he will be comfortable right away with the scheme in Arizona.
    That's a good point, mok. In terms of scheme, this should feel like a homecoming for Warner. The difference being, those desert targets (Johnson 6'3" 215, Fitgerald 6'3" 223, & Boldin 6'1" 220) will look a lot bigger than his old Ram targets (Holt 6'0" 190, Bruce 6'0" 188, & Az 5'10" 185)

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KFFL
    It is likely that it will take Warner a few games to adjust to a new offensive scheme and shake the rust off.
    By that analysis, it should have taken him a few games in '99 to light up the offense. He started out with 31 points against the Ravens and went up from there!
    Last edited by HUbison; -03-24-2005 at 03:15 PM. Reason: the quote was from KFFL instead of Mok

theodus69 Guest

I think AZ has made a bold statement and will be in the Race in the west!

talkstoangels61 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    Apparently Dez is looking for additional moderators. You might consider applying if for no other reason than getting control of the edit and delete buttons and wreak havoc from inside the belly of the beast ...
    Amen to that!........................Where have i been ? Nic is a mod now!.............lol.........We'll never win an arguement that's for sure!............And thats nothing personnal to you Nic,just facts!

talkstoangels61 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    I think AZ has made a bold statement and will be in the Race in the west!
    I couldn't agree with you any more!................IMPO i think that Warner will light our arses up! Truth be it known he probably deserves too! (Martz only)........But,like everyone else ! Ihope the Rams still come out on top!..............It would be a hell of a Superbowl if possible Cards vs. Rams

Some of you will see that Mr. Warner is far from being washed up!

I'd be saying the same thing if it were Mr. Bulger that was run out of town also!............................Niether one of these 2 great indiviuals faults!................................................................................Now let's get off the subject!......PLEASE!

thoey is offline Registered User

From KFFL:

Cardinals Starting QB Named

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner has been named the team's starting quarterback heading into June organized workouts, according to Cardinals head coach Dennis Green. "He is the right guy for us," Green said. "With team organized workouts coming up, we just felt like across the board his leadership is important for us."
    This space for rent...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789