Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Warner.....still has it

According to the his stats from yesterday,looks like KW hasn't forgot how to pass!............15-19,151 yds and a TD........Seems like he might be just a little serious once again!............and yes i am in his corner!......1)I for one can not see myself not rooting for him! For one he didn't want to leave our orginization (via Martz!) 2) he is a great human being! 3) he gave me something that i had never had as a Ram fan!(JOY) Superbowl! 4) Me being spiritual as i am i enjoy that he has not backed down on his faith! 5) He was a winner here so why should he still not be just because he doesn't wear our Blue & Gold! 6) I will root for any player that has class period! 7) For any of you out there that were in the same scenario,wouldn't you want your wife to stand behind you as did his! I would!.................................Not to mention that Marc Bulger is just as classy! I also root for him just a little more because he is also class and he wears our Blue&Gold!.........................
    Last edited by talkstoangels61; -08-14-2005 at 01:48 PM. Reason: left out a few things!

supachump is online now Registered User

Re: Warner.....still has it

I have mixed emotions. I really like Kurt for all the reasons you mentioned. In fact, I have a signed jersey and football on the wall here in my office. Kurt's kids used to go to the same school as my niece and nephew, so I've had a chance to meet him in person (school plays), he is truly a good guy.

The other side of me doesn't want the Cardinals/Kurt to do well, because they are in our division. I'm excited for him and will watch to see how he does. But, I dont want him to have too much success.

BTW, this is my first post to Clan Ram Forum! Good to be here! GO RAMS!!!!!!

LOL.

Yea, Kurt is a great guy. And I will follow his career with interest, in the general NFL section

Quote Originally Posted by supachump

BTW, this is my first post to Clan Ram Forum! Good to be here! GO RAMS!!!!!!
    Welcome to the ClanRam, hope you enjoy yourself.

Dez i hit the nfl section but, it didnt go there sorry! I was just going to im you or RW or any Mod to ask how to move it! My bad!...........Welcome aboard supa..........must be like living in a 3rd country being there in SF............lol

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Dez i hit the nfl section but, it didnt go there sorry! I was just going to im you or RW or any Mod to ask how to move it! My bad!SF..
    Not a problem

ZOLTAN is offline Registered User

Kurt will have a great year. He needs to understand that every play can't be a positive one. The NFL is all about minimizing the damage on bad plays and maximizing the results on plays that work. I've got a feeling Arizona will be right behind us all year.:clanram:

Lets just hope that Kurt survives the new improved Ram Defencive Line. That will be one hell of a game and I for one will be in Arizona to see it

i would believe that if Arizona keeps playing well in preseason that it may become difficult to get a good seat if any!

I have 30 tickets

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm sure Kurt has the potential to do very well in Arizona, but I'm not convinced that their offensive line, specifically the interior, can provide consistently good protection for him. I guess we'll see as the preseason and season unfold. I'll say this right now, the games we play against Arizona are going to be that much closer because of Butler's health. I don't much like the idea of Groce/Bartell/Ivy trying to cover Fitzgerald.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I hope Kurt Warner fails miserably this year.

But, guess what?

I hope Matt Hasselbeck fails miserably...

I hope Alex Smith fails miserably...

I hope Donovan McNabb fails miserably...

I hope Michael Vick fails miserably...

I hope Duante Culpepper fails miserably...

etc.

etc.

etc.

Its us ...

Against them... (everyone else).

moklerman is offline Registered User

Well, I can't say that Warner looked great putting together those numbers, but the more I think about it, that's how he used to do it. I mean, watching replays of some of his Rams games I would be thinking how out of rhythm he looked, or how poorly thrown a pass might have been but at the end of the day he's somehow put together 300+ yards and 3 td's.

I will say that he finished a lot stronger than he started. Once he started to get his timing down, it was alsmost like watching the GSOT. If Larry Fitzgerald stays healthy the Card's are going to generate some serious yardage this year. The suspect O-Line was minus two starters but still managed to give Warner time in most cases and didn't give up any sacks so I think it was a good start for an offense that is still getting to know one another.

Laslty, just like last year in New York, Warner's numbers are more impressive once you see what the other qb's do in the same offense. McCown's going to have to work just to hang on to the backup job in my opinion. I'm not that high on Navarre but McCown just looks terrible. I think he's better than he's been playing but I also think that he's starting to feel pressure from coach Green to improve. I would guess that he's trying too hard more than anything else but he better get straightened out soon because I don't think he's going to have anyone's respect if he can't handle the "pressure" of holding on to (not even winning) the 2nd string job.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    I will say that he finished a lot stronger than he started.
    I agree that once he got into rhythm he couldn't be stopped. We were ahead in most of the games, so comebacks usually weren't a concern, but under the reign of Martz and Warner, we were 0-5 when down in the fourth quarter. Marc Bulger gave us the first comeback, and has had a few since. It might not be that big of a statistic, but it's when I got behind Bulger for good.

That said, with protection, Warner could still win a championship. It really comes down to the offensive line. Dennie Green can run the offense towards Warner's style. I look forward to a good rivalry.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Any updates on the injuries to Oliver Ross and Alex Stepanovich? Last I heard, Stepanovich had surgery but there was still no timetable on his return.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast